Become a Patron!

Is Smok that bad?

Fkthis

Member For 1 Year
IN JAIL
Not so much about it breaking. More about it breaking and what not extremely fast and without it being even remotely abused or overused

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not so much about it breaking. More about it breaking and what not extremely fast and without it being even remotely abused or overused
With cheap mods you can expect there to be a number of cons because there is no such thing as free lunch, but if it breaks extremely fast, then, as annoying as that may be to you after it happened to you, the number of people complaining about it is still very often skewed as a result from the popularity of the brand because it is only logical the fact that the more people there are who have purchased it, the more people there are who have experienced issues with it. (The vast majority of people don't say it on the internet when they haven't had any problems with their mod so the number of complaints is not really representative of the device's failure rate, and, if your mod has failed, it could also be attributed to nothing more than luck of the draw.) The same also happens to Wismec. Between Smok and Wismec there are a few key differences when it comes to their mods, though.

Take the hinge on the battery door, for example. It is much more sturdy on a Wismec compared to Smok. Not a problem if your AL85 doesn't drop on a concrete floor with the hinge faced downwards. With the older models, Wismec has had the reputation of the wiring breaking, but here the major difference comes from the fact I can still fairly easily fix that like I already said earlier in the thread, so I'm finding it a bit ironic when people say I'm the one who is stupid each time after I defend these mods, because, after all, I'm the one who is not too stupid to search on YouTube how to fix this wiring. lol... Another, more or less common, problem with these older Wismec mods is the spring loaded 510 pin has a short travel so with an atomizer the 510 on which is longer, that pin can easily get permanently stuck. But the user manual specifically states to not use any such atomizers so once again user error vs being not too stupid to know you can avoid that problem by simply adding a plastic washer in between the atomizer and the mod. The main point I'm still trying to make is ArticFox firmware with NToolbox on a PC offers a truly unique feature that's not too difficult or time consuming to set up right and use, and that fundamentally changes how it vapes in power mode, as the custom power curves really do open up a whole new vape experience totally unlike gimmicks such as an ornament frame that lights up like a Christmas tree or a mod that, after you tell it "clouds bro", replies to you in a husky female voice that it's not your bro.

VU Sponsors