Become a Patron!

Is the Evic VT as bad as I've heard?

So I've been vaping a couple months(got started with the ego one, which I like, started to quit smoking), and I want to get a box mod so I have more variety with tanks, rda's, etc.. I've been looking at TC mods because it seems to be all the rage now. The Evic VT looks amazing but I've read that a lot of people have issues with it. Are these rare occurrences or is the product defective?

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've been vaping a couple months(got started with the ego one, which I like, started to quit smoking), and I want to get a box mod so I have more variety with tanks, rda's, etc.. I've been looking at TC mods because it seems to be all the rage now. The Evic VT looks amazing but I've read that a lot of people have issues with it. Are these rare occurrences or is the product defective?

I can say that Joyetech tends to make very solid products in my experience. We've never had a single EVIC VT or VT mini come back as a return and we've been selling them since they came out. The mini kit is also USB upgradable (they recently added support for temp control on stainless steel coils as well as bumped the max power output to 75W). I prefer the mini simply due to the user replaceable battery. But the full size looks darn cool in yellow. Reminds me of old-school muscle cars! Again in my personal testing and with the experience of my customers I've not had a single problem or complaint beyond initial confusion with the menu system.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a co-worker and an in-law that I see everyday using the Evic VT, and they have nothing but good things to say about them. My only issue with them is the top button/lever that you use to adjust watts/temp, etc..is not my preference, but the paint and build quality is top notch. If your looking for a TC mod with a built in battery, the VT would be a great choice.

Last edited:

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright, I had just heard that it could burn coils at higher ohms due to an initial 30w surge
Not true. I haven't had a single problem from my VT or my Mini.

I bought the VT as a kit. Used the 1.2 ohm with no issues. Then tossed the tank. Don't bother with the kit.

I started with the VT and love it. Didn't care for the knob on top but the battery lasts for days (literally) and had really good production.

The wife took it and I bought a mini. Love it too. Firmware update is cake. Like the replaceable battery but it doesn't last even close to the same time.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Alright well an Evic it is then( I love that black and red one). Anybody know where I could get just the mod kit for the best price?

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love my vt. I have the larger one, it's been great for the last 6 months or so, no problem. I actually like the knob on top because it doesn't get bumped easily in pocket/purse to change my wattage. I love the shiny paint job too;) lol but wish I trusted myself enough to leave the silicone sleeve off. I just know if I take it off I'll drop it same day and ruin the finish.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only issue I know of is with the tank that comes with the kits.
Both the Mega One and Tron Tank seem to have odd performance issues.
So get just the device only and you'll be fine.
My friend across the bay in Oak-Town just got both the original VTC and the VTC Mini last month and loves them both.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my opinion, the VT is one of the cooler looking mods available but as far as function goes, I think the VTC mini is one of the best in its class.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If Joyetech had made the original VT with the ability to upgrade the firmware, then it would be phenomenal. Mine works nicely in VW mode, but TC can be a bit wonky. It kept kicking me out of Ti mode into VW mode. I build with only SS316L theses days, so I'm fine with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors