Become a Patron!

Is the Griffin RTA compatible with the CoV Volt Mini?

Sam_Vapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know, it's a very dumb question, but I'm new to vaping and I can't tell if two things will work just by reading a spec sheet.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes... the Volt Mini is stable down to.2 ohm.
They are the same diameter wide.

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Its not going to work good. The Griffin is a dual coil rta. Using simple coils, you'll need to hit it starting at 38-40 watts, right at the very top limit of this mod. Battery life will suck. Running claptons or better coils, forget it, not enough power.

Get something with more power for a Griffin.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sam_Vapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its not going to work good. The Griffin is a dual coil rta. Using simple coils, you'll need to hit it starting at 38-40 watts, right at the very top limit of this mod. Battery life will suck. Running claptons or better coils, forget it, not enough power.

Get something with more power for a Griffin.

So what would be better?

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Pick something with a min of 70 watts. Like a single 18650 battery mod. I'm running a grif on a Cuboid, a dual battery mod. Many are using the 3 battery rx200 mod.

The Griffin is a top of the line rta, but drinks juice, and goes thru batteries. Vaping 15-20ml a day is usual, so you may need to consider making your own juice. The volt mini is more for single coil higher ohm mtl attys like Kayfuns, not dual coil cloud makers.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, you can run a Griffin on a Mini Volt, but like said, you wont get its full potential out of it.

I have a mini volt and use it with a mini RDA, and Im running it with dual coils (I believe they are 26ga kanthal, 9 wraps each, 2mm diameter and come it at a total of .5 on the dot), and while I do get a pretty decent vape out of it at 40 watts, its not something Id want to use as my main setup. Its just something I keep in my pocket at work to get a quick couple hits out of when I have to go outside or something. If you use it for a main mod youll run that battery dead really quick. And forget any specialty wire on it. I tried claptons and it has no where near enough power for that. Even micro claptons fell flat.

If I was you Id just get a mini RDA to pop on the Mini Volt, and pop the Griffin on something with more power so you can really get your moneys worth out of it. That being said...I did buy a Moonshot RDA just to try out on the Mini Volt :p

Sam_Vapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really don't want to deal with batteries and stuff. Is there a solid box mod that either has a built in battery charger or a built in battery in general? If worst comes to worst, I'll just deal with charging 18650's.

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Many have usb ports u can charge with. But it takes a loooong time compared to a standalone charger.

Sam_Vapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly, I'm fine with taking a while to charge. I'll use it very sparingly, anyways. I just want my times with it to be enjoyable.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you get a dual or triple 18650 mod, DONT charge the batteries through the USB port on the mod. Get a standalone charger for them. Theres a host of reasons why you dont wanna charge multi battery mods through USB, but suffice it to say its a bad idea.

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As a newb, I'd be very hesitant to recommend a Griffin. You need to make all your coils and wick them. So there's a learning curve there, along with wire & wick costs. Then like I mentioned, juice consumption .... If you dont diy, you'll blow $$$$ filling it constantly. More $$$ abd learning curves for diy. You can charge via usb, but it's not recommended. And you'll need multiple batterys & a charger.

Don't get me wrong, luv griffins. But I wouldn't rec for a newb, others may reccomend a different atty with replaceable coils and lower juice consumption.

Sam_Vapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As a newb, I'd be very hesitant to recommend a Griffin. You need to make all your coils and wick them. So there's a learning curve there, along with wire & wick costs. Then like I mentioned, juice consumption .... If you dont diy, you'll blow $$$$ filling it constantly. More $$$ abd learning curves for diy. You can charge via usb, but it's not recommended. And you'll need multiple batterys & a charger.

Don't get me wrong, luv griffins. But I wouldn't rec for a newb, others may reccomend a different atty with replaceable coils and lower juice consumption.

I'm open to suggestion. What would you say would be a solid setup for mainly flavor and high VG juices?

Sam_Vapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could I just go with the Mini Volt with a mini vengeance tank? The battery thing doesn't bother me to be fully honest. Just want solid taste and performance.

Sam_Vapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The more I think about it, the more I agree with you. I'll steer clear of rebuildables until I'm better versed in the art of vaping. So how about that Vegeance tank? Is that good or what?

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not familiar with the vengeance tank, looks ok. But again, the.minivolt is underpowered for this. Even recomends 30-100w.

There's countless mods in the 70-80w range that you can run any atty with. Not sure why you want to limit yourself to a 40w mod with an internal battery (that sucks for battery life), then try putting a hi performance atty on it. If it's strictly for size, consider something like the istick Pico that was just released.

Nothing wrong with the minivolt, but as been said b4, its more for out and about with a quick vape, not an all day mod using hi performance attys.

Sam_Vapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not familiar with the vengeance tank, looks ok. But again, the.minivolt is underpowered for this. Even recomends 30-100w.

There's countless mods in the 70-80w range that you can run any atty with. Not sure why you want to limit yourself to a 40w mod with an internal battery (that sucks for battery life), then try putting a hi performance atty on it. If it's strictly for size, consider something like the istick Pico that was just released.

Nothing wrong with the minivolt, but as been said b4, its more for out and about with a quick vape, not an all day mod using hi performance attys.

Really? That's pretty weird considering they sell it in a kit.

Light seeker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not saying it won't work. It will. And a .2Ω coil will drain that itty bitty 1200mah battery in no time. I'm guessing 2-3 hours or less depending how much u vape.

Sam_Vapes

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not saying it won't work. It will. And a .2Ω coil will drain that itty bitty 1200mah battery in no time. I'm guessing 2-3 hours or less depending how much u vape.

2-3 hours is fine for me presently. Really, if the need arises for more, I'll upgrade. But until then, I'll keep looking. Thanks so much for stopping me from making a dumb choice going with that Griffin. I guess I really wasn't ready.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It will work. But to get anything real out of a Griff, you'll have to max the power.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The mini volt kit with the mini vengeance would work great for you. It's comes .8 ohm coils and works great any where from 25-30 watts

VU Sponsors