Become a Patron!

is the nexmesh massively better than the wotofo mesh?

Aeneas

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
should i wait till im out of wotofo mesh and then buy or buy them now cuz im greatly missing out?

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I love my Profile, and with the risk of sounding stupid I am going to ask since I have assumptions but not sure. What makes it so much better? I guess one would be what metal it is made of. What else makes it better?

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I love my Profile, and with the risk of sounding stupid I am going to ask since I have assumptions but not sure. What makes it so much better? I guess one would be what metal it is made of. What else makes it better?
The mesh and proper wicking of that mesh. Much more surface area of coil directly under the vapers mouth. And with proper wicking, much more juice readily available for vaporization. And finally, the instant ramp up of the mesh itself makes immediate vapor production available.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The mesh and proper wicking of that mesh. Much more surface area of coil directly under the vapers mouth. And with proper wicking, much more juice readily available for vaporization. And finally, the instant ramp up of the mesh itself makes immediate vapor production available.

Thank you, my assumptions were wrong. Why I don't assume. If I remember correctly the higher example 200 or 150 is what decides the OHM of the coil and there is round and more of a square hole??

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I agree with vaperoxx, I have all but stopped using my coil rta’s & rda’s. I still use my gas mods gr-1 for flavor testing my new diy concoctions but other then that I’m all mesh and a couple drop-in coil tanks for convenience. I also use the digiflavor mesh pro rda which are great as well. I haven’t even used the nexmesh mesh yet either but now I may try some. If it can improve on perfection I’m all for it.
On a side note: anyone using the Vapefly mesh plus rda? Wondering how it performs as well as the mesh that it uses with the solid piece in the middle. It’s the only SS option besides the VV spools

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
PROFILE MESH 001.JPG PROFILE MESH 002.JPG PROFILE MESH 003.JPG PROFILE MESH 005.JPG .I just cut my own out of the 80 Kanthal Mesh. Also got some SS 316L 200 but I like the 80 better.
Only $3 for a 5ft roll from my local vape shop. (Bought 15 rolls just because)
The photos show the stock mesh and the 80 to the right of it.
The resistance is also the same as the NexMesh.
If you have a pair of scissors, grab a roll of the 80.
Its a hell of a lot cheaper.
I also use rayon instead of cotton. Tastes better IMO

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use SS 200 with rayon as well. While I haven't sold all my other rda's I'm damn close. I bought 2 while my profile was on the slowboat. Should have ordered 5 profiles instead.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Pastorfuzz What difference do you find between the top cap material? Have you tried the 22mm conversion caps? If I remember you were all over the caps on the Recurve, but memory is fading by the day.
Nice collection, let me know if you need 3 or 4 less....;)

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@Pastorfuzz What difference do you find between the top cap material? Have you tried the 22mm conversion caps? If I remember you were all over the caps on the Recurve, but memory is fading by the day.
Nice collection, let me know if you need 3 or 4 less....;)
Your memory is fading. I don't own any Recurves.
Also haven't tried the conversion caps.
Haven't built the Profiles with the plastic caps either.
Maybe will do one this weekend and i'll let you know.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your memory is fading. I don't own any Recurves.
Also haven't tried the conversion caps.
Haven't built the Profiles with the plastic caps either.
Maybe will do one this weekend and i'll let you know.
Well must have been someone else obviously.... I liked the conv caps better than standard on the recurve. Smaller and a little more narrow drip tip is only difference.
So I ordered some for the profile, ordering more rda's now....

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I just ordered some nexmesh from 3fvape so I will be able to compare it to the stock wotofo mesh. In a month or two if it ships before CNY, it not, then longer.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The profile 22mm conversion caps are a no go. I think the recurve is just a bit better with the narrower drip tip. Not the case with the profile at all, not even close. Nobody else mentioned them but me, must be a reason for that. Don't buy one would be my advice.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
3fvape got my order of nexMESH out the building before the CNY so I should have it in a couple weeks tops. I also have another Profile coming from somewhere else just because I don’t have any of the new colors so got a matte SS. I’m really surprised no other companies have tried a similar design to the Profile, maybe with a stronger spring or different shape of the ceramic block. It seems to be very popular so I’m surprised no one is trying to improve upon it. Just my 2¢ on the issue.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
3fvape got my order of nexMESH out the building before the CNY so I should have it in a couple weeks tops. I also have another Profile coming from somewhere else just because I don’t have any of the new colors so got a matte SS. I’m really surprised no other companies have tried a similar design to the Profile, maybe with a stronger spring or different shape of the ceramic block. It seems to be very popular so I’m surprised no one is trying to improve upon it. Just my 2¢ on the issue.
I stretched the springs out on a few of mine. Doesn't seem to make much difference as long as you have the wick tight to start with.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It seems to be very popular so I’m surprised no one is trying to improve upon it. Just my 2¢ on the issue.
I'm sure there are more in the works. Anytime one company has some success others are sure to follow. Keep us buying new stuff is how they make money.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I'm sure there are more in the works. Anytime one company has some success others are sure to follow. Keep us buying new stuff is how they make money.
I think if you had a convex spring-loaded ceramic block instead of concave one it may be an improvement. It would take up some room and decrease the amount of wicking needed to fill that space. It ain’t broke but I’d like to see how tweaking the design would affect the performance.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think if you had a convex spring-loaded ceramic block instead of concave one it may be an improvement. It would take up some room and decrease the amount of wicking needed to fill that space. It ain’t broke but I’d like to see how tweaking the design would affect the performance.
That's a good idea. I was trying to think of a way to flatten it out a bit and get rid of some the excess but couldn't really come up with much. I fill that clamp with a strip of cotton bacon and lay a piece of rayon over that. Only the rayon hits the deck.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And if the spring were a bit stiffer. I have a hard time believing that the existing spring does anything at all.

Last edited:

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
And if the spring were a bit stiffer. I have hard time believing that the existing spring does anything at all.
I was thinking the same thing with the spring. Problem is that if it’s too stiff it may effect the wicking’s ability to absorb by squeezing it too much. I have the digiflavor mesh pro which doesn’t have any spring loaded block just a solid piece and I don’t have any problems with it not keeping contact with the mesh. Leads me to believe the spring loaded block is more of a gimmick than an effective component.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking the same thing with the spring. Problem is that if it’s too stiff it may effect the wicking’s ability to absorb by squeezing it too much. I have the digiflavor mesh pro which doesn’t have any spring loaded block just a solid piece and I don’t have any problems with it not keeping contact with the mesh. Leads me to believe the spring loaded block is more of a gimmick than an effective component.
Once you stuff your cotton in there, it's fully compressed anyway.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if that ceramic fiber wick stuff would work good. I can't remember what it's called, ready x wick or something.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I almost asked about this the other night.
As sad as it sounds a coil like the ones pictured just doesn't perform as well as the mesh in the Profile RDA...
dfca4f5813e1582e87510d4a8aeff53a.jpg

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I wonder if that ceramic fiber wick stuff would work good. I can't remember what it's called, ready x wick or something.
Yea ready x wick or XC-116 ( I think) is what I bought and have somewhere in my stash. I used it when I was rebuilding my protank coils and it worked well. It would have to be in a coil though because it would take a ton to fill underneath the mesh with a 3mm rope. If I can find it I may have to try one of my coil rda’s with ceramic wick. Curious how it performs compared to rayon. I do remember cutting this ceramic wick left all kinds of little pieces all over, probably not the best to inhale.

Yea ready x wick or XC-116 ( I think) is what I bought and have somewhere in my stash. I used it when I was rebuilding my protank coils and it worked well. It would have to be in a coil though because it would take a ton to fill underneath the mesh with a 3mm rope. If I can find it I may have to try one of my coil rda’s with ceramic wick. Curious how it performs compared to rayon. I do remember cutting this ceramic wick left all kinds of little pieces all over, probably not the best to inhale.
It might be feasable to use the ceramic wicking on top of cotton, as long as the cotton is not against the mesh it should not turn brown. I do not know if the round ceramic wicks could actually make contact with the entire mesh surface though. I know having even a partial spot on the mesh that has not got perfect contact with wick will give you a dry hit from the depths of hell, so I would never be the idiot to try it first. 1 time of experiencing that when I first got the profile RDA was, I hope the only time I will experience that. The ramp up time for mesh makes any little dry spot superheat the air you suck down your throat...really bad!!!

I must disagree...as cotton ages it becomes less compressed, which is where the spring comes into play. It is not needed for a freshly wicked setup, it is to maintain the contact with the mesh as it ages. The profile is not the first mesh setup by any means. It is the first mesh rda that solved the problem of the wick falling away from the mesh as it ages. Wotofo did not invent the mesh rda, they just made it better...a lot better.

If it is too compressed, and used as a squonk rda, it prevents the juice from making it to the mesh, and prevents the squonk bottle from releasing.

VU Sponsors