Become a Patron!

Drum71

I apologize for not being normal!
VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you are here like me and many other users then you are here to learn. I am very new to vaping and do not know it all. I will never claim to and anything on the web I will take with speculation. If that is your reason for being here then I would never tell you to STFU. Asking questions and even dumb one help you learn. But you should listen to what people have to say on the forums when answering questions. When I first started I asked so many questions that were dumb and already answered but memebets answered them and I did not get put down or made fun of.

Again TC is more advanced and needs research to do it right. I have not looked into it so I have not used this option. Many vapors have stopped smoking with just watts and is a proven method. Because TC is more advanced many users have tanks they build coils with.

I can’t say I understand what you are going though but I have someone close that has PTSD and is disabled. Getting worked up never helps and sometimes a cool off time is needed. All I can say is not just listen but absorb what people are trying to tell you. There are many memebers that will help you on your journey.

I really do try not to get worked up but it’s not at all easy for me. It’s hard to be the person I want to be when I don’t have total control over my own thoughts, and quite embarrassing also.

I’m really not trying to turn this into a “mental health” forum. I only wanted people to be aware of what was up with me.

Thank you for at least trying to understand. That’s all I could ever hope for.
And please stand by your PTSD friend through thick and thin. That ain’t no cup of tea either!

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really do try not to get worked up but it’s not at all easy for me. It’s hard to be the person I want to be when I don’t have total control over my own thoughts, and quite embarrassing also.

I’m really not trying to turn this into a “mental health” forum. I only wanted people to be aware of what was up with me.

Thank you for at least trying to understand. That’s all I could ever hope for.
And please stand by your PTSD friend through thick and thin. That ain’t no cup of tea either!
They have the same problem. Get worked up and thing are said that should or would not if they took the time to think. I have been there for almost 10 years thick and thin so I know it is hard.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The unit does not work in TC with the Ello HW3 coil (SS316L) but, it does work with my Halo Reactor Mega tank with the same coil type. (SS316L)
So, I'm guessing it's Eleaf's coils.
Use the same tank on your DNA with the 316L coils.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
@Polargirl I think you need to calm yourself down, you have made many disturbances in our threads which are not warranted with turning most OP's contents into a negative arguing different subject, and have ignored our moderators PM to you.

We want to keep all OP thread starters on point about the subject in hand but you are now known to throw a troll monkey wrench in them, so with that said we will start deleting your reply posts if not on point with the subject thread before you turn it into a argument again.

Maybe this forum is not for you!

998.jpg

8669i5EEAAA2770849107.jpg

Last edited:

Drum71

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use the same tank on your DNA with the 316L coils.

I just tried the Halo tank on the DNA in TC and it displays the currently changing temp as I fire. (I'm guessing it's working) The Ello tank temp never displays higher than 80 degrees but it's not displaying OFF like it did for my Smok TFV12 coils. So, I put the Ello back on the iKONN and it goes back to wattage. I don't get it.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just tried the Halo tank on the DNA in TC and it displays the currently changing temp as I fire. (I'm guessing it's working) The Ello tank temp never displays higher than 80 degrees but it's not displaying OFF like it did for my Smok TFV12 coils. So, I put the Ello back on the iKONN and it goes back to wattage. I don't get it.

Is your mod and Ello tank both completely cool before you set up tempersture control on your Therion? One or the other cant be warm, both need to be same temperature and about room temperature

Also, SS coils arent ALWAYS designed for temp control, since they operate well in wattage mode too. A lot of people like SS because it's believed to be better than Kanthal for one reason or another, coil manufacturers may be making SS coils for that crowd

Drum71

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is your mod and Ello tank both completely cool before you set up tempersture control on your Therion? One or the other cant be warm, both need to be same temperature and about room temperature

I let them both cool and the same thing happens.

I'm thinking I'll just find another tank than the Ello since I also noticed the bottom gasket is too close to the coil, causing it to warp from the heat. I never let my tanks get under 30% full, to avoid a burnt taste so, I’m not drying it out.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
TC is a complete bitch. you have to realize how it works, the mod is trying to read resistance very very quickly while you vape to guess at the temp.
many things can throw that reading off
1.the chip inside your mod being crap
2. the software the chip is running being crap
3. the 510 connection of the mod being crap broken or dirty
4, the 510 connection of the atty being dirty
and in the case of the type of tank you are using
5. the coil itsefl being old, dirty worn out
6 the connection between the coil unit and the 510 connector of the atty being loose,dirty or just not great, which can very from one coil to the next due to manufacturing inconsistencies

lots can interfere with the mod doing TC correctly
i dont use it anymore because unless you have an FSK or dna chipset and software it seems very unstable to me, and i am quite happy using PWM mods or power mod

my point is.....you could be doing everything right and it still wont work
or you could be overlooking some small thing causing you the problem

Drum71

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TC is a complete bitch.

I’m coming to find this out. I just feel it’s a shame how it is marketed so confidently.

This is why I’ve stuck to not building coils for now. I don’t need to add to my own frustrations by screwing something else up, causing my mod not to work right.
Regrettably, I’ve thrown and broke a good laptop computer and a few cell phone’s out of frustration. I’d like to hold on to my Triade’s for a while.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TC is a complete bitch. you have to realize how it works, the mod is trying to read resistance very very quickly while you vape to guess at the temp.
many things can throw that reading off
1.the chip inside your mod being crap
2. the software the chip is running being crap
3. the 510 connection of the mod being crap broken or dirty
4, the 510 connection of the atty being dirty
and in the case of the type of tank you are using
5. the coil itsefl being old, dirty worn out
6 the connection between the coil unit and the 510 connector of the atty being loose,dirty or just not great, which can very from one coil to the next due to manufacturing inconsistencies

lots can interfere with the mod doing TC correctly
i dont use it anymore because unless you have an FSK or dna chipset and software it seems very unstable to me, and i am quite happy using PWM mods or power mod

I’m coming to find this out. I just feel it’s a shame how it is marketed so confidently.

This is why I’ve stuck to not building coils for now. I don’t need to add to my own frustrations by screwing something else up, causing my mod not to work right.
Regrettably, I’ve thrown and broke a good laptop computer and a few cell phone’s out of frustration. I’d like to hold on to my Triade’s for a while.

Yeah I dove into TC pretty deep with my DNA200, IMO way too much busy work for not really that much reward. Now I'm pretty much 99% all Mech's and when I do Vape on a regulated mod it's in Power Mode.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
@Polargirl I think you need to calm yourself down, you have made many disturbances in our threads which are not warranted with turning most OP's contents into a negative arguing different subject, and have ignored our moderators PM to you.

We want to keep all OP thread starters on point about the subject in hand but you are now known to throw a troll monkey wrench in them, so with that said we will start deleting your reply posts if not on point with the subject thread before you turn it into a argument again.

Maybe this forum is not for you!

View attachment 97517

View attachment 97516
A Mud Slinger badge has been issued to you instead of following you around moderating your reply posts. This badge only gives you the ability to post in the Mud Pit.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A Mud Slinger badge has been issued to you instead of following you around moderating your reply posts. This badge only gives you the ability to post in the Mud Pit.

Thank you!!!!!! That serves admirably to keep her toxic and irrelevant BS out of the regular forum! She must be one of those people who needs a keeper.

Andria

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't believe it's false advertising. It could probably be outlined better for people who are new to vaping and aren't used to all the terms, it's easy to be overwhelmed. When something says it's a 'kit', in general it's a mod plus an atomizer. Usually a subohm tank with factory coils. They differentiate those by having another listing where it will say 'mod' or 'mod only' to let people know they're just selling the mod, use your own tank. Using 'TC' in the title is to let folks know that the particular mod in question features temp control, not necessarily that the kit has been assembled to be a tc experience out of the box. You might see ikonn 200w tc mod only or ikonn 200w tc kit. In a way it should read "ikonn 200w tc" and kit, rather than ikonn 200w "tc kit".

The majority of factory subohm coils out there are kanthal which aren't suitable for tc. Only a few are ss316 for temp control use, but then the tank that goes with the kit doesn't necessarily have to support every feature the mod has to offer. More or less it's 'good enough' to get you started. Like just about anything else, they don't kill themselves on giving you the best of the best in an all inclusive kit.

I'd agree with others that tc may not be the best to jump into straight out of the gate. At least get a feel for wattage vaping just to test the vaping waters. Most bakers start out making chocolate chip cookies, no diving straight into handmade baklava or souffles.

I don't know much about the mod in question, I haven't used any recent ijoy/eleaf mods. The tc on my istick tc100w was decent. Not great but it functioned, a helluva lot better than the 'tc' on my alien. Not all mods or their software are created equal, it's possible to have 4 different mods from 4 companies using 4 different chips and all perform differently while they're all claiming to be 'tc'.

No doubt it's frustrating especially being new to the vape world with little understanding of various companies and their products or reputations. Hopefully it doesn't result in 'vaping sucks' as the attitude going forward. It's like anything else though, if I grab a blender for $15 off the shelf at the store and it's weak and the blades bend and it breaks or it blends too fast or slow I can't very well be like 'cooking blows'. Well, the cheap pos I got does in fact suck and that's why there are a ton of different tools out there. A vitamix costs more, does basically the same thing - but it does it a whole lot better.

Personally I don't like factory coils much in general. I got sick of duds, trying to fiddle with them and the high cost so I got into building my own. If there's a hot spot, I can fix it. If it's touching the wall of the chamber and causing a short error, I can fix it. Factory coils are mass produced, costly by comparison and often flawed. Cotton too tight, too loose, coils messed up etc. The concept is great, simple to pop one in and be done with it. In real life execution not so much.

I do mess with vaping a lot more than smoking, smoking was easy. Light and smoke it. There were only a handful of brands out there and they were either menthol or straight tobacco. When switching to vaping I had to find out what juice I liked, the flavor, the vg to pg ratio, the nicotine level. Then the mods, the tanks, the coils. It's worth sticking with it though. I thought I'd smoke until the day I died, but I thought that would continue well into my 60's or 70's. I didn't figure on cigs making me cough so bad I was throwing out my back, passing out and making me cough so horribly I couldn't hardly carry on a conversation without going into coughing fits that lasted 10-20min - before I even hit 40yrs old. With smoking no longer an option it was either try a patch, quit cold or vape. Obviously it's not everyone's situation but the minor setbacks are worth being able to walk to a mailbox without doubling up and heaving, gasping for air.

VU Sponsors