Become a Patron!

Is the whole world getting crazier?

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was reading the pamphlet that came with a prescription I take. One of the warning on side effects says that it can cause depression. Lately, every time I look at the news, I feel like the world is going to shit. I feel fine, and sometimes laugh at some of the crazy shit I see. Pretty sure I'm healthy, but wondered if anyone else feels like there is a lot of crazy shit happening?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was reading the pamphlet that came with a prescription I take. One of the warning on side effects says that it can cause depression. Lately, every time I look at the news, I feel like the world is going to shit. I feel fine, and sometimes laugh at some of the crazy shit I see. Pretty sure I'm healthy, but wondered if anyone else feels like there is a lot of crazy shit happening?
its your awareness level that has changed.. The world is full of insanity the closer you look the more insane one could go..

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Steve I agree with you there. This is a Zocor prescription. Fat and cholesterol is what makes food taste good. The over medicated is definitely adding to the craziness.

That's probably one of the most overprescribed prescriptions, which isn't necessary with a good diet and exercise...
Anyone can adapt to a better diet. My GF loves food, but is always in training for 10K runs and fitness competitions, so her breakfast consists of an omelette of 4 egg whites plus 1 whole egg. For lunch she eats rice cakes, a can of tuna, a cucumber, a green pepper and Smakoun and usually beef steak or chicken and vegetables for dinner. She only drinks water and tea...

Last edited:

NYNURSE

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the older you get, the crazier the world gets. It's either increased awareness or decreased tolerance.
The world has been screwy since Eve asked Adam if he was hungry. Sit back and enjoy the show.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's probably one of the most overprescribed prescriptions, which isn't necessary with a good diet and exercise...
Anyone can adapt to a better diet. My GF loves food, but is always in training for 10K runs and fitness competitions, so her breakfast consists of an omelette of 4 egg whites plus 1 whole egg. For lunch she eats rice cakes, a cucumber, a green pepper and Smakoun and usually beef steak or chicken and vegetables for dinner. She only drinks water and tea...
Much like Suboxone...the $100 for each group meeting(weekly), $300 for each Appt (2/Monthly), almost $600 for a refill (Monthly) all because my insurance wont cover it...One day Ill taper and be gone of this forced dependence I have..

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A lot of medications have side effects that can be worse then what the treat.
But hey, money makes the world go round and pharmaceutical companies have a lot of money to throw at the FDA.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The older you get the more experinced you get , the more knowledge you accumulate...the illusions and lies sold to you from grade school to old age get stripped away, and the lies exposed...you lose faith in stupid ass slogans and you see promises made and broken...if you have half a brain you begin to realize that you've been lied to all your life and you realize the extent of the greed and lust, and mentl illness that drives the so called leaders of the world.
as Jesus said...(my favorite quote from the bible)..."I send you out now among the wolves...therfore be ye as innocent as doves, and as wise as a serpent."....in other words...don't buy any wooden nickels kids.....When your young you buy alot of wooden nickels after getting burned a few times you stop taking them.....I think the average human being just can't except the level of evil some people operate under, they don't posses the same urges they do....facing the fact that we are ruled by lunatics and sociopaths is not a reality most people can face....it is a bleak reality and one that calls for action and sacrifice....it is easier to live with the lie of....Hope...and change.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please keep in mind that if one person in 100 shows a particular reaction to a medication, it must be listed as a possible side effect.
But aside from that, yes, the world has always been crazy. The media is after ratings, just like soap operas, and they're gonna report whatever makes you tune in. Good news doesn't make many people tune in, they all wanna slow down to see the train wrecks, blood, and disaster.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trump is happening

Vape On
Well if we survive Obama and that is one big "if"...Trump maybe a walk in the park..or he may continue the autocratice totalitarian precedent set by Obama ignore the law and the peoples will, and continue the Obama legacy of governing by the phone and the pen, and the targeting of political dissedents....I tend to think the Obama legacy of totalitarinisim will push forward....

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the context of our lifetime, the world is going crazier.

In the context of the history of man, all is normal.

I think this is true no matter the scale. Individual person(7 Billion), Groups, Cities, States, Nations or Planetary.

NYNURSE

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if we survive Obama and that is one big "if"...Trump maybe a walk in the park..or he may continue the autocratice totalitarian precedent set by Obama ignore the law and the peoples will, and continue the Obama legacy of governing by the phone and the pen, and the targeting of political dissedents....I tend to think the Obama legacy of totalitarinisim will push forward....
Worry more about the Federal Courts, they set the rules. There will be 2 or 3 seats coming up in SCOTUS alone.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not crazier. Just new or different kinds of crazy.

Then there's so much access to stupidity through social media and five billion websites.

Then, once you start getting older, you see the same crazy stuff over and over. Every head-desk you've already been subjected to and figured out/discounted as B.S. gets regurgitated for all the younger people seeing it for the first time. Example: very year close to Valentines Day, there's at least one study out claiming chocolate is good for you. This year, it's from Harvard and published in the British Medical Journal. Even if the study doesn't specifically say chocolate is good for you, it still mentions that chocolate has flavonoids, and some click-bait dumb ass makes that the headline.

SOC

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure it's crazier, or we've got so much media saturation that all of the crazy everywhere is now front and center.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Think of the world before the Internet. TV news shows had maybe one stupid or cute story at the end of the broadcast. If you subscribed to a newspaper, you might get an Odds and Ends section and/or the Blotter, and a self-contained Entertainment section that you could throw out.

Now there are an endless array of websites devoted to stupidity, celebrities, listicles of crazy things, etc. And one act of stupidity is magnified by sites like Twitter, where it can be obsessed over and beaten to death.

Reactions: SOC

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not crazier. Just new or different kinds of crazy.

Then there's so much access to stupidity through social media and five billion websites.

Then, once you start getting older, you see the same crazy stuff over and over. Every head-desk you've already been subjected to and figured out/discounted as B.S. gets regurgitated for all the younger people seeing it for the first time. Example: very year close to Valentines Day, there's at least one study out claiming chocolate is good for you. This year, it's from Harvard and published in the British Medical Journal. Even if the study doesn't specifically say chocolate is good for you, it still mentions that chocolate has flavonoids, and some click-bait dumb ass makes that the headline.

I don't think it is that chocolate is good for you, but rather increases levels of endorfins and seratonin. Anything with sugar isn't healthy, per se...

VU Sponsors