Become a Patron!

Is there a big difference between cheap and expensive coils?

Frosty

Member For 1 Year
The only thing that pops into my mind is perhaps a difference in material being used, but I'd like to know if there's any significant difference between e.g. unbranded fused clapton wire (priced at 2-3$ for 5m) and the same (branded) types that cost nearly three times as much (for the same amount).

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You need more experience that I can explain. It comes with age and understanding OEM.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The only thing that pops into my mind is perhaps a difference in material being used, but I'd like to know if there's any significant difference between e.g. unbranded fused clapton wire (priced at 2-3$ for 5m) and the same (branded) types that cost nearly three times as much (for the same amount).

Repeated experience and quality. I have bought some cheap clapton wire that was wrapped unevenly like shit and kinked up, the replacement roll was just fine. Who knows what the next one would be. I am more concerned with the materials being used. Its worth a little more to me to know what I am getting and while I am certain there are generics or rebranded wire that is fine, would just rather not risk it.

VU Sponsors