Become a Patron!

Is there a God?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes we give lollipops for that.
cockstain is also acceptable
Holy fuck totally missed this earlier.Anyhow it seems I'm owed some lollipops.

dum-dum-pops-bag-127685.jpg

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok... So I have read a little of this here and there, and I have seen all the tired old crap about God letting this and that happen and blah blah blah. In answer to the question Is There a God? Yes there is. You are not Him/Her, and God doesn't let stuff happen, we were given free will and this is what we have chosen. Ok.. I'm done.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok... So I have read a little of this here and there, and I have seen all the tired old crap about God letting this and that happen and blah blah blah. In answer to the question Is There a God? Yes there is. You are not Him/Her, and God doesn't let stuff happen, we were given free will and this is what we have chosen. Ok.. I'm done.

If you are deist and believe in a God who doesn't interact with his creations then you can make argument... errr deceleration. However, if you are a believer in the Abrahamic faiths, that flies in the face of the doctrine and would be considered blasphemous by some. After all, most of the major organized religions believe in a God who created all things, is all knowing and omnipresent. So whatever happened or will happened is all part of a plan.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you are deist and believe in a God who doesn't interact with his creations then you can make argument... errr deceleration. However, if you are a believer in the Abrahamic faiths, that flies in the face of the doctrine and would be considered blasphemous by some. After all, most of the major organized religions believe in a God who created all things, is all knowing and omnipresent. So whatever happened or will happened is all part of a plan.
I never said God doesn't interact with his creation. If you want interaction with God than you have to seek interaction with God. Here we come back to free will. This is really a simple concept. If you want to argue doctrine, than snake94115 seems to be drawn to this thread. But if you are having an issue with the concept of free will, than you probably need to pray about it. Now, I really am done.

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I like how you made your (bogus) closing argument in that other thread and then had it closed. Strong move.

Is there a god? I see no evidence supporting the idea and a lot opposing it.

Is there an Easter bunny? Is Santa real? What about leprechauns? Or maybe Ra? Or Shiva? Real?

Since none of these things seem to have any corporeality and don't impact the world in any measurable way the fairly obvious conclusion is that the probably of any of them existing is so low as to be inconsequential.

You will now scream that anyone who doesn't believe in a thing believes in the notness of that thing. Then you'll appeal to your own authority, try to define your opposition away and ultimately devolve into dull profanity and name calling. Eventually the mods will show up, accuse newbs of being the problem and you'll claim victory.

*yawn*

Your site is exactly the same as ECF. Only with profanity.

Later.
There is 2 things to prove there is a God. Conscious and Creation. If there is no supreme being, how was the very first speck of dust that created the very first rock that took part in the Big bang created? How could big rocks colliding and terraforming occurring causing life to begin when there was no such thing before. Only people can feel remorse for their actions, i.e. Conscious. The reason why is because of the soul. Even when a dog cowers, it's not shame or remorse, it's because it knows it is in trouble. Now that's not to say there isn't people without a conscience. Some people are purely corrupted by evil and enjoy bringing pain and sorrow to others. There has NEVER been one event in the bible that hasn't been verified to be factual. Also, Darwin did finally get saved and did admit his theory of evolution was flawed as it has a missing link. Neanderthal and homosapian walked earth, briefly, together. There is even speculation they might have bred and had offspring. Of course to a homosapian a Neanderthal would seem to be a giant (get where this is going). Fact of the matter is, SOMETHING CREATED THE VERY FIRST THING TO EXIST, argument against that nullifies everything you say as it proves ignorance and stupidity. Science has "proven" everything is created somehow.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh geez...

There is no proof of the existence of any form of god. Thinking there is is simply making shit up to "prove" your faith is worthwhile believing in.

There is no proof that their is no form of any god in existence. And guess what? There can never be such proof.

So, atheists take heart, you also have faith.

And believers, believe on, at least you have some hope of proof in a near or far future.

And both of you? Stop trying to shove your crap down other people's throats, believe what you believe and leave others to believe what they believe.

Amen.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What about
2284123867_45e0b6450e.jpg
I was talking about Kathy Bates not Anne Ramsey.
Also (The Goonies) was and still is an awesome movie.
Heck here is a sampler list of the other good actors in that movie.

Sean Astin - Also played Samwise in The Lord of Rings Trilogy.
Josh Brolin - Dude killed it in (No Country for Old Men)
Joe Pantoliano - Have you seen (Memento)?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh geez...

There is no proof of the existence of any form of god. Thinking there is is simply making shit up to "prove" your faith is worthwhile believing in.

There is no proof that their is no form of any god in existence. And guess what? There can never be such proof.

So, atheists take heart, you also have faith.

And believers, believe on, at least you have some hope of proof in a near or far future.

And both of you? Stop trying to shove your crap down other people's throats, believe what you believe and leave others to believe what they believe.

Amen.
Just so we're clear on this point faith and belief are in fact two very different things...Cheers!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was talking about Kathy Bates not Anne Ramsey.
Also (The Goonies) was and still is an awesome movie.
Heck here is a sampler list of the other good actors in that movie.

Sean Astin - Also played Samwise in The Lord of Rings Trilogy.
Josh Brolin - Dude killed it in (No Country for Old Men)
Joe Pantoliano - Have you seen (Memento)?

You forgot Robert Davi

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just so we're clear on this point faith and belief are in fact two very different things...Cheers!
Agreed, faith being absolute belief without proof. Belief is a feeling of surety that something is true with or without proof. Being that the subject in question is without proof, in context, they mean the same thing. These are accepted definitions in teh English language, if you believe them to mean different things, by all means, do. But understand that dictionaries disagree with you.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed, faith being absolute belief without proof. Belief is a feeling of surety that something is true with or without proof. Being that the subject in question is without proof, in context, they mean the same thing. These are accepted definitions in teh English language, if you believe them to mean different things, by all means, do. But understand that dictionaries disagree with you.
It is much simpler than that...Belief is knowing something to be true.Faith is acting on that knowledge.
Yes I'm aware that a dictionary contradicts what I just wrote above.This is not an argument/discussion about direct meaning.
Consider this my own special flavor of the donut argument.
In other words...Yes indeed you can know something to be true yet still believe it is not!
It's a whole dichotomy of catharsis thing.
We're all hyper-codependent beings to begin with so it is no wonder we mostly go through life trying to find ourselves/god/religion/family/clique/whatever.When all along the biggest secret of the whole universe is easily found simply by looking in a mirror.
! KNOW YOURSELF ! NOTHING ELSE WILL REALLY MATTER.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What's that? I lost my babel fish when I shoved peanuts up my nose so the blind bugblatter beasts of Traal wouldn't smell me.

There is a god or no god, we only find out after death. And now we can only build theories and guess.
I believe that we still do not know everything he is in our world

VU Sponsors