Become a Patron!

Is there an automizer that can work UPSIDE down?

yes yes. i am really asking this.

I need to build something and i am searching for an automizer that can work UPSIDE down?
I mean the vaping tube will be from the down side. and i will smoke and smoke and don't burn the automizer.
Imagine that I am lying on my back and want to smoke and i am holding it upside down...

did you ever see something like this?
only the automizer. (and if its air flow controlled it will be fantastic)

thanks alot.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could vape an RTDA upside down. . I wouldn't store any atty that wattage though. Without a drip tip plug or cap.

But then for a hit or two anything should do that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No. I mean it will work upside all the time.
Even between the vapes it will still be upside down.
Don't know why it would need to be upside down between vape. Only way to do that would be a Squonker or dripper. But you will have leakage nightmares if you over drip or squonk.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
An RDTA will work upside down, like previously mentioned, but I can't think of any atomizer which is left continually on it's top that won't eventually leak.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An RDTA will work upside down, like previously mentioned, but I can't think of any atomizer which is left continually on it's top that won't eventually leak.
Lots of clearomizer and rebuildable like the Kayfuns can be stored top down.... that's how you prevent leaks with these..... but they don't vape well up side down. I guess on a Kayfun you could open up the juice channels... so you could run the tails out into the tank to drape down to the juice...

The other problem with upside down vaping is you will end up drinking lots of juice... even if it's only the drip tip buildup.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think there's anything on the market that will vape well when upside down all the time.

For one thing, drippers and tanks are all open from the coil through the drip tip. That means you will inevitably get juice leaking into your mouth from the coil chamber.

Drippers and bottom feeders also need to be right side up when you drip or squonk.

Tanks feed from the bottom, so if you keep vaping upside down you will get burnt hits once the tank's juice holes are 'below' the juice level, which will happen very fast.

I've never tried this, but after thinking about it for a sec, cartos might be an idea for this. With pre-drilled cartos you will also eventually get burnt hits, but it will take a bit longer. Try un-drilled cartos and make juice holes higher up the tube. This way you keep the holes submerged longer while the tank empties and you might have a chance of making this puppy work for a little while.

Maybe :)

VU Sponsors