Become a Patron!

Is there any modern day tanks that can use a ss wick like the old genises

I got into the vape game late but i love the idea of a wick that lasts over a year just wondering if there are any tanks that you could make a ss wick work that are still avalibile to purchase

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I would like to know this too. it seems to me that the new gravity fed tanks should be particularly sutiable to a ss mesh wick

Welcome to the forum, btw

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Well, dont thank me yet, it may be a stupid question, i have no familiarity with the old genisis tanks and am only aware of its use as a concept

(And yes, i am aware u just meant thank u for the welcome) :)

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The Taifun GX and the RBA that comes with Vandy Vape's Kylin M AIO. Those are two that I have in rotation, that can probably still be purchased.

They both use cable wicks, but I imagine that mesh would work just as well.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
The Taifun GX and the RBA that comes with Vandy Vape's Kylin M AIO. Those are two that I have in rotation, that can probably still be purchased.

They both use cable wicks, but I imagine that mesh would work just as well.
But ultimately its cotton running thru the coils, no?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
But ultimately its cotton running thru the coils, no?

Yes. Cotton through the coils, and then the wicks just lie over and are tucked around the top of the cables on each side.

i just liked the idea of not changing my wicks for months at a time with the rtda yours talking about there is still cotton i know its fast changing that little bit of cotton but the idea of never changing any wicks sounds awsome plus apperently the flavour off ss is amazing

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
i just liked the idea of not changing my wicks for months at a time with the rtda yours talking about there is still cotton i know its fast changing that little bit of cotton but the idea of never changing any wicks sounds awsome plus apperently the flavour off ss is amazing

I've never run across a tank that used all stainless steel (with no cotton at all). Learn something new every day!

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the Brunhilde close?

I've considered it myself recently.

Edit: nope, appears I need to work on my reading comprehension skills a bit. Carry on...

Sunlight

Unlisted Vendor
I think RDA/RBA tanks are the best choice for it.

Also, you'll be needed the coil kit, like Magic Stick CW 7 in 1 Coiling Tool Kit or Hive prebuilt Clapton coils

Last edited:

VU Sponsors