Become a Patron!

Is this safe-charging question.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people, hope you're all OK.

I Got a quick question regarding charging my battery.

I put it into my nitecore i2 charger earlier, planning to charge it untill full, but unexpectedly had to go out, so knowing LIPOS shouldn't be charged alone, I turned it off and removed the battery.

When I returned, I started charging again.

I gather this is OK, as my charger has all sorts of built in protection and so forth, but just wanted to double check. I'm 99.9% certain its fine, but I wanted to know from more experienced vapers that it is indeed safe ( I don't plan on doing this all the time, just sometimes unexpected things happen).

The charger does trickle charge, something called CC and I believe CV, not sure what it means but it automatically detects and uses what is best for the battery.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, your fine to do that, I sometimes do the same thing.
Thanks Whiskey, put my mind at rest.

Another quick question-how long do you charge your 18650's? As yesterday, it took only a little over 3 hours untill the charger showed it was full, and I thought that was quite fast.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on the battery, some take 2-4 others a tad longer,mine depend on age and types

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nitecore's a good charger so you shouldn't have any problems

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh I just thought it was pretty fast to charge such a large battery,glad to hear it. Its odd though, the manual talks about blue lights, but looking online there isn't any and other people have noticed it lol. When the battery is charged, the 3 yellow lights have stopped blinking, it starts at one with the second blinking, then the second goes solid with the third blinking, then the third goes solid and its charged. Impressed with the charge time.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you get 3 solid amber led's, your battery is charged. The nitecore will charge the battery's fast.

VU Sponsors