Is this vape dangerous?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lucaswhitaker22, Aug 25, 2017.

1. lucaswhitaker22

lucaswhitaker22 New Member

Blog Posts:
    So u bought myself a 650mah egot battery and this clearomizer on eBay. I don't know the exact specs of the clearomizer but it has a 510 threading and fits well. I'm just concerned, can this blow up? Is it dangerous? Thanks.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my ZUK Z2131 using Tapatalk

2. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Any battery can blow up - but, the likelihood of that one being dangerous is very, very low

Hope that helps - and welcome to VU:wave:

3. lucaswhitaker22

Blog Posts:
    Thank you

4. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Kinda ugly and awkward but not dangerouse

SnapDragon NY and snake94115 like this.
  5. Countrypami

Countrypami The Link Ninja Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Vendor Employee VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Host

Blog Posts:
    That appears to be a Kanger Protank 2 or clone of. Coils should be in the 1.2-2.5ohm range. Not too much to worry about here. As @JuicyLucy said... ANY battery can vent/explode if not handled properly. Don't leave it in a hot car or direct sunlight.

But as far as the tank being too "powerful" for the ego?... no worries at all there. I ran this similar setup for almost 2 years before I moved up to Sub-ohm.

P.S. I actually have a bunch of these coils up for sale in our Trading Post if you need more.

SnapDragon NY and JuicyLucy like this.
  6. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    The main concern is in charging that particular battery -- don't try to use the cheapest charger you can find! Those Ego chargers are made in China for PENNIES, so never ever charge it unattended -- stay near, stay aware, so if it starts doing anything odd, get it out of the AC plug ASAP. With these particular vape batteries, any problems are almost certainly going to happen while it's charging, when it's most unstable.

Andria

7. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, it is ugly and awkward - but I vaped a similar setup (like Pami did) for over a year before jumping to a mechanical squonker

You can laugh if you want, but some of those little batteries in cigalikes are go getters and it is surprising the types of atties they can actually power and fire well

8. lucaswhitaker22

Blog Posts:
    Great thank you so much! I can enjoy the vape worry free now

9. lucaswhitaker22

Blog Posts:
    Ok thank you for the tip, I will keep an eye on the battery when charging. I always use the charger that comes with the batteries.

AndriaD likes this.
  10. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Also -- let it "rest" a little while, at least an hour or so, after charging, before you use it. This is just one reason why it's necessary to have more than one, so you have at the very least, one to vape while one charges -- though most of us ascribe to the "backups for your backup's backup" philosophy -- because it's all too easy to buy cigarettes in stores, and often much too easy to take a free excuse to smoke instead of vape. ;)

Andria

SnapDragon NY and JuicyLucy like this.
  11. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    This ^^^^ very important advise

AndriaD and SnapDragon NY like this.
  12. HondaDavidson

HondaDavidson Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Look like the rig I started vaping on and learned to Build coils on..... As said above the most dangerous thing about that vape is the charger. Charging is when those batts fail so only charge only when and where you can oversee. beyond that the occasional juice pop and lip burn is all you need to worry about.