Become a Patron!

Is Vaping REALLY more satisfying than Smoking?

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If so, what is your secret? Please describe your setup that is MORE satisfying than tobacco. Juice (mg/ml nicotine), clearomizer/cartomizer/glassomizer/RDA/RBA/RTA, Mod, ohms, watts, etc.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
95% of the time I am very satisfied with my vape.
The other 5% I reach for my strong tobacco juice which works for me.
Once you find a vape that works for you... it is all downhill from there.
One vape does not fit all.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No. It is not more satisfying. Not if I'm honest with myself. I vape because I'm too weak to to have quit smoking cold turkey and it's a great and cheaper alternative.

I love to vape but I won't pretend that, for me, it's the same as a cig was.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For me it is.

My ADV is a 4nine clone with a Tobh V2. I typically vape with 24g dual coils at 6wraps.
I prefer 80/20 blends at 3% Nic.
Vapergate, Space Jam, Tasty Cloud and Liquid Luck are some of my favorite juice companies.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It sure is:)
20141007_141510_resized_zps69cfa9df.jpg

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me its the nicotine level in my juice that has kept me tobacco free for the past 3yrs...Doesn't matter much what flavor but in my sub tanks I like 6mgs.. dripping 3mgs of nic does the trick...always good clouds and flavor too...

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info. I'm doing a reload...the patches plus no nic juice worked for a couple months, then I did away with the patches and did no nic juice, which led back to tobacco. So, next time around I'm going for the nicotine juice. I have plenty of hardware, so that's not a problem. I copied this from another site, and take it to heart: "I initially tried weaning my nicotine levels down to zero and went through the usual 72 hours of withdrawals. I struggled on with the zero-nicotine e-cigs for almost 3 months before finally relapsing. But I relapsed back to the nicotine e-cigs instead of tobacco, so I consider that a win."

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info. I'm doing a reload...the patches plus no nic juice worked for a couple months, then I did away with the patches and did no nic juice, which led back to tobacco. So, next time around I'm going for the nicotine juice. I have plenty of hardware, so that's not a problem. I copied this from another site, and take it to heart: "I initially tried weaning my nicotine levels down to zero and went through the usual 72 hours of withdrawals. I struggled on with the zero-nicotine e-cigs for almost 3 months before finally relapsing. But I relapsed back to the nicotine e-cigs instead of tobacco, so I consider that a win."
Rough road indeed, glad to see your gonna go the vaping route again, here's hoping you succeed with it, it's much better than this...

tFQZh.gif

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I quit smoking and started vaping the same day...back then I got my first Provari and various Kanger tanks with 24ngs of nicotine in my juice...now that I've got better equipment and a more efficient nicotine delivery, I cut my nic level down considerably.....I like the warm fuzzy feeling I get from vaping these days, even with only 3 mgs of nic in my juice...very relaxing too..it's why I choose to vape, lol

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Juice flavor and nic has MUCH to do with it for me.

I am actually moving more towards NETs, as I have tried a juice or three made with NETS. I find these juices more flavorful AND satisfying.

I ADV tobaccos. Anything else I get real tired of before a day is over. Usually within a few hours.

vortex12

Member For 4 Years
For me it really depends on the day. Some days I really just want a real cigarette, but once I get one I realize how much I hate the smell and taste. But I can't seem to get past that 1 cig every once in awhile thing

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Juice flavor and nic has MUCH to do with it for me.

I am actually moving more towards NETs, as I have tried a juice or three made with NETS. I find these juices more flavorful AND satisfying.

I ADV tobaccos. Anything else I get real tired of before a day is over. Usually within a few hours.
What is NETs ?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me it really depends on the day. Some days I really just want a real cigarette, but once I get one I realize how much I hate the smell and taste. But I can't seem to get past that 1 cig every once in awhile thing
I heard it is bad for a person to start vaping then smoke, even if its only a few cigs now and again...My aunt has a nasty cough now..she vapes and smokes too and her lungs are constantly being irritated... I heard somewhere that a person should let his lungs heal themselves and not smoke any tobacco for at least a week prior to starting vaping...and once you vape don't smoke any tobacco..in other words do one or the other..not both..
BTW, now that I think about it I heard this at my VA clinic, a couple guys was talking about it in the waiting room..just sayin

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vaping and smoking makes you cough.

I assume the PG irritates the lungs of a smoker. I don't believe you need to wait, to start vaping. You are going to cough some your first day or two anyway.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping and smoking makes you cough.

I assume the PG irritates the lungs of a smoker. I don't believe you need to wait, to start vaping. You are going to cough some your first day or two anyway.
Agreed... I quit smoking and stated vaping the same day..At first I coughed and hacked a lot! My lungs were irritated from years of heavy tobacco use and if I had waited a few days for my lungs to heal I wouldn't have hacked as much I'm sure... But hindsight is always 100% lol

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I heard it is bad for a person to start vaping then smoke, even if its only a few cigs now and again...My aunt has a nasty cough now..she vapes and smokes too and her lungs are constantly being irritated... I heard somewhere that a person should let his lungs heal themselves and not smoke any tobacco for at least a week prior to starting vaping...and once you vape don't smoke any tobacco..in other words do one or the other..not both..
BTW, now that I think about it I heard this at my VA clinic, a couple guys was talking about it in the waiting room..just sayin

This is not true.
There are many people that do both and it is better to only have a few cigs than to smoke a pack or more a day.
For them it is how many cigs they did NOT smoke due to vaping which is a good thing.
Not everyone can give them up all together so there is nothing wrong with doing both.
The guys at the VA you heard talking probably got that from the news which is usually wrong.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is no secret that I'm aware of, unless I missed a meeting. :D Vaping is superior to smoking in my eyes.
I knew vaping was superior to smoking at about ten days in, before I even found juice I really liked. My food
tasted better, smokes tasted awful, ashtrays smelled vile, and I knew I was about to have my last cigarette.
All with a simple evod and clearo.

Almost a year and a half later, its a hobby, a love, and a passion.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is not true.
There are many people that do both and it is better to only have a few cigs than to smoke a pack or more a day.
For them it is how many cigs they did NOT smoke due to vaping which is a good thing.
Not everyone can give them up all together so there is nothing wrong with doing both.
The guys at the VA you heard talking probably got that from the news which is usually wrong.
My aunt does both and is constantly coughing... That's her choice, but I believe
it would be better if she quit smoking all together.. But opinions vary...there is no hard and fast rule here..its different for everyone...

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree it is better to quit all together and suspect her cough is from the cigarettes she still smokes.
At least she is not smoking as much as she would be if not vaping.

My SIL does both as well. She also has a long list of health issues and vapes more than she smokes but still will have a cigarette when she wants it. Her health has improved a lot and no longer has that hacking cough she use to.
We are all different but I will always believe it is better to do both than to only smoke.

Starsis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sure is, gotta find "your vape" ... some like cool vape with alot of taste, others like to chase clouds ... others like both and buy vapeoholics juices and drippers but im getting lost :p
I used all the vaping crap i could use, having a reseller friend helped alot ... tanks / clearos ... to the davide/nautilus with BVC coils i found that awesome compared to the good old kanger cartos ... then came the sub ohm frenzy for general public, Atlantis !!! wich stay my favourite atty for the moment over delta 2 that is more for the RBA ... and finally drippers.
Now i use atlantis or delta 2 at work not to look like a giant bolox blowing clouds everywhere ... my vaping co workers just discovered the spinner batteries so sub ohm sounds alien for them yet ... but as soon as im back home i jump on my turbo RDA and blow big clouds on my balcony ! (since my GF yelled at me after triggering the fire alarm twice while our 2 years old was sleeping).

Story of my life heh ... in few words : try different things, dont stay on a negative impression (cheap stuff), find whats good for you and i swear you will love it :)

About the cough : i started vaping and totally stopped tobacco, i coughed for about a moutnh or a bit more, in my mind, lungs getting rid of tobacco wastes ... then i felt like lighter.
I think its more about quitting tobacco than about vaping.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Short answer: yes, absolutely.

Longer answer: better flavors, better clouds, I vape indoors (was never an indoor smoker), don't ask my daughter to stand 10-15 feet away from me while I'm vaping and feel guilty about it even while doing it, don't stink, my car doesn't stink, never burned a hole in my favorite shirt from vape ash, don't wish I could sneak out of a stadium/movie theater/boring meeting to smoke when I can stealth vape, DIY and RDA building is way more fun than the miserable chore of RYO, don't get mad when friends steal all my Bics and I'm stuck with a crappy lighter, I could go on...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Well, if I had to wait a week after quitting smoking to start vaping, I'd still be smoking...

I can see how there might be something in dual use that irritates some people, but for me I used the vape to taper from 15-20 cigs a day down to 3-4 over the course of a month or so before I finally quit smoking altogether - if I'd had to cold turkey it and then wait a week before picking up the nic again I'd have probably gotten a day and a half and been right back on the Marlboro bandwagon.

Having enough nic is important - I started on 12mg and still had cravings, then bumped up to 18mg and some 24mg (plastic Evods atop non-VV Egos were hot shit and the original Protank was a few months from being invented when I got into vaping for the second time and it actually stuck, not even going to go into the $500 worth of crap gear I bought back when 510s were the new kid on the block and 808/901 styles were strong competitiors). Once I was sure the cigs were gone for good, and as I stepped up to more efficient delivery systems, I tapered off, eventually landing at 3mg nic. I could probably vape 0mg and be happy, since I think it's the act of smoking/vaping that I enjoy more than the drug, but I'm happy where I'm at.

Starsis

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I second that, when you're done with the real tobacco addiction, you can go down to 0mg with a strong setup BUT when you're just stopping, hit is the more important in my mind ... so 12mg or more depending on your taste, with high PG if possible would do the trick

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
This is not true.

this is true..

i vape and smoke.. but i know, i do have a pg allergy.. for even when i vape, without smoking and there is more than 10% pg in a juice..
i will cough so bad, and feels like my throat is on fire from an electric sander, and then i go horse from anywhere around a week to a month..
depending on how much i vaped..

smoking and vaping doesnt make me cough near as bad as pg.. i do cough, but not much..
then again, I have cut back on my smoking too.. I didnt vape to quit smoking.. i vape to smoke cheaper..
big difference.. ;)

EvlSmrk

Member For 4 Years
I also find it satisfying. Didn't intend on becoming a vaper when I first started. Was going to still smoke in the morning and then transition to vaping around lunch to help with the smell before heading home. But the morning after starting to vape, I reached for the V2 instead of the Camels. Have been hooked ever since. Currently enjoying my setups and juices and the process of building. A friend just got into DIY juice and it's been an awesome journey. Best of luck in finding what works for you. Keep at it and don't be afraid to try new things.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a different kind of satisfaction, but it's enough to keep you off the stinkies and it's also a hobby.

There are no stupid batteries, just stupid people.

TwistedVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was a pack a day smoker. I got an iPV and an Arctic Tank now and I can tell you that it is much more satisfying than smoking for me. I use the .2ohm coils and 6mg juice at 45W with it

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I coudnt completely quit smoking until I graduated from the clearos, protanks, kayfuns, ego twists, and vamos, then got into mechs, rdas and some real power.
I required a thick flavorful vape to stop needing a cig. I got a plume veil and a mech and was permanently off tobacco.
Its been a long time off cigs now and i have no desire to go back. Its been so long that I can now revisit past failed attys and devices and be temporarily satisfied.

Once I got the plume and mech, I started making .2-.3ohm dual coils with 24 ga kanthal and I was set. That draws between 60 and 90 watts on a fresh 30amp battery.
It took power for me to quit completely, now I can dial it back some.

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After a while of vaping I find myself not thinking about cigarettes. I still smoke just not nearly as much, haven't had one in almost a week

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I quit smoking the day I started vaping. I had smoked for over 50 years. When I started vaping I tried tobacco flavors for the first couple of months then went to dessert and fruit flavors. Started at 24 nic now at 3 nic. Been vaping for 13 months now. Will not smoke cigarettes again.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I quit right away, using blu and ce4s. I slipped up because the vape wasnt enough at the time. Now, I could probably deal with a crappy vape, since Ive been away from smoke for so long.

Well I start my day with RY4 with some coffee at 18mg in a tank, then on my way to work I'll vape something completely different either on a tank or an RDA, once I'm at work I'll on my break or lunch I'll get my mod and RDA and vape 6mg at around a .4ish built. I keep several setups ready and change up on flavors though out my day so I don't get tired of the same flavor and setup to keep my vaping interesting. You have to change it up once in awhile with not only your nic level but also flavors, a little variety is what helped me quit.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ry4 is also a constant in my morning vapes.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
its way more satisfying for me. understanding that im using clean nicotine has always really made the difference for me. it doesnt leave me feeling nasty and clogged up

the reason people feel that a cigarette is more satisfying is because big tobacco chemically alters it to make sure you arent just addicted to nicotine, but everything else they put in. when your body is hooked on that all that extra crap along with nicotine it desperately needs it and that gives the illusion of satisfaction, when all your really doing is easing artificially created discomfort

vaping is real satisfaction in my eyes, im getting what i bargained for and it feels good mentally and physically

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If so, what is your secret? Please describe your setup that is MORE satisfying than tobacco. Juice (mg/ml nicotine), clearomizer/cartomizer/glassomizer/RDA/RBA/RTA, Mod, ohms, watts, etc.
The fact that I'm still around and get to read this thread of yours is a big one for me.

I can be a procrastinator sometimes I ain't gonna bullshit ya guys! And quiting something that was killing me was put off till the last almost minute.

The end of last summer I bought a 25 dollar gas station rig and about 8 after that. I knew without a doubt death was coming on soon, I really didn't feel like I would of made it till spring.

Them piece of shit rigs at the gas stations where even more satsifing than any nasty ass smoke was at the end anyway so yes!

And get this! (I remember others agree too) But I quit snoring and having heartburn right off the bat too.

So yeah the first person to say I'm a fool for vaping I'm gonna roll'em up in a ball till the lose all sense of direction and stuff'em in a funny place in front of the cute girls.

Last edited:

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The fact that I'm still around and get to read this thread of yours is a big one for me.

I can be a procrastinator sometimes I ain't gonna bullshit ya guys! And quiting something that was killing me was put off till the last almost minute.

The end of last summer I bought a 25 dollar gas station rig and about 8 after that. I knew without a doubt death was coming on soon, I really didn't feel like I would of make it till spring.

Them piece of shit rigs at the gas stations where even more satsifing than any nasty ass smoke was at the end anyway so yes!

And get this! (I remember others agree too) But I quit snoring and having heartburn right off the bat too.

So yeah the first person to say I'm a fool for vaping I'm gonna roll'em up in a ball till the lose all sence of direction and stuff'em in a funny place in front of the cute girls.

That gave me an idea for a signature change. :D

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For me, vaping wins hands down. I use to wake up dreading that fact that I knew I would smoke, now I wake up excited about whatever flavor im gonna load up and vape. I like 12 nic if it's mouth to lung, nothing above 6 nic if it's straight to lung. As far as flavors, seams like just about anything for me. I've probably tried 40 to 50 different flavors, and only found one I didn't like

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For got to say what equipment I have. I have a Cloupor T8 and a hana modz 30 watt. I use an Orchid V4 on the cloupor and a Atlantis on the hana. Different flavor in each at 3mg nic.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Happiness ;)

Zero 50 watt and a Kanger Subtank plus...

IMG_1355.JPG

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i find vaping MUCH more satisfying! if on a subtank type i ilke 6-8 mg nic. on rda i like 3-6 on a tight draw type like the nautilus i like mouth to lung at 12-24 nic. as for juices, i couldnt taste shit on anything when i first made the swintch from smokes to vape. but as time went by, so on and so on and so on, im now mainly sticking with fruit flavors, but i do love a good vanillla and a good crisp (@low wattage) menthol flavor... ahhh i so love this hobby!!!!

oh yea, as far as devices go, im becoming a collector lol, but mainly a reg'd box w/ a tank for out & about. mech tube and dripper for sitting on ass playing ps4 lol

VU Sponsors