Become a Patron!

Is vaping really safer than smoking?

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That's pretty much what the vaping community has been saying for roughly 10 years now.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
who would have thunk?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I work with a heavy smoker. He coughs heavily all the time. Yet he tells me vaping is 10X worse than smoking. He spouts off all the myths he hears on the news. Guys an idiot and believes what he wants even when corrected. When he has a coughing fit I ask him, "I wonder why I never do that?"

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I work with a heavy smoker. He coughs heavily all the time. Yet he tells me vaping is 10X worse than smoking. He spouts off all the myths he hears on the news. Guys an idiot and believes what he wants even when corrected. When he has a coughing fit I ask him, "I wonder why I never do that?"

IME, many smokers tend to be virulently anti-vaping - I believe it's some weird defensive response; the bad press and lies about vaping gives great justification to smokers to not switch

Also, it seems like some smokers get a weird thrill at seeing a group of people they can pick on, the way they feel they are picked on by non-smokers

VU Sponsors