Become a Patron!

Issue found on the Kanger Sub Tank rebuild-able head with certain...

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Issue found on the Kanger Sub Tank rebuild-able head with certain liquids, but the stock coils have no
issues.
Please contact with our service center
If you are located in USA, Pls contact with KangerTech US Service Center
11555 Medlock Bridge Rd, Unit 100, Johns Creek, GA 30097
Phone: 1-888-799-1988
US Service contact: [email protected]
If you are not in USA, pls contact with KangerTech China Headquarters
China contact & Quality feedback: [email protected]

Last edited:

Midnight

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Wow... was going to buy one today... glad I waited. I vape "Tank Crackers" every day. Guess i get to wait till they fix it.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately I can't watch the above video right now because I'm downloading something else and don't want to mess it up. So what's the problem? It can't handle tank crackers?

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately I can't watch the above video right now because I'm downloading something else and don't want to mess it up. So what's the problem? It can't handle tank crackers?

A specific juice he vapes is reacting with the positive post insulator on the RBA deck. He does generalize this juice to all tank crackers, but I haven't seen many nuclear green liquid juices.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A specific juice he vapes is reacting with the positive post insulator on the RBA deck. He does generalize this juice to all tank crackers, but I haven't seen many nuclear green liquid juices.
Thanks. I'll keep my eye out to see if others have the same issue.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Unlikely unless they're putting Pluid in a tank. Who puts Pluid in a tank anyway? LOL
Is Pluid licorice flavored or something. I've heard about it before, that you can't get the stink of it out of your gear.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is Pluid licorice flavored or something. I've heard about it before, that you can't get the stink of it out of your gear.

Not only that but it literally eats away at everything. I had an acrylic drip tip on mine, and it ate away at the base of that! That stuff is brutal and needs special, dedicated equipment (with no o rings, or ones that you're willing to continually replace).

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not only that but it literally eats away at everything. I had an acrylic drip tip on mine, and it ate away at the base of that! That stuff is brutal and needs special, dedicated equipment (with no o rings, or ones that you're willing to continually replace).
Doesn't sound worth it. I'll never try it, pretty sure about that.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't sound worth it. I'll never try it, pretty sure about that.

It's an incredibly strong flavor! I love anise but even when I first stopped smoking after 40 years this was way too strong for me. But it has a strong following

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's an incredibly strong flavor! I love anise but even when I first stopped smoking after 40 years this was way too strong for me. But it has a strong following
Right, that's it, anise. I don't think I'd like it. Thanks for chatting.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If it is true, I'm just wondering how Kanger could be so stupid? They had everything going their way.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Pluid contains both Anise and Citrus to the best of my knowledge both are in the known tank cracker category.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pluid contains both Anise and Citrus to the best of my knowledge both are in the known tank cracker category.
Hey UncleRJ, good morning, seeing you always makes my day. You're like a beacon of light at VU. :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do. I'm vaping some in my mini nautilus riding atop my iStick at 13 watts....

LOL - well, the nautilus doesn't have rubber o rings right? So, I guess if it's dedicated to Pluid it's all good :)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
PHEW i just ordered one of these like 10 min ago LOL .. thank god its only tank crackers.. I have nothing to worry about then..

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He's using Pluid for heaven's sake - that stuff eats everything!
Unfortunately this does not bode well for Kanger. Any "tank cracker" might eat the silicone gel insulator. Cinnamon, citrus, absinthe, certain fruits (non citrus), Banana...

The guy does have a point, Delrin or peek is a non reactive insulator. Kanger needs to make the change pronto...

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately this does not bode well for Kanger. Any "tank cracker" might eat the silicone gel insulator. Cinnamon, citrus, absinthe, certain fruits (non citrus), Banana...

The guy does have a point, Delrin or peek is a non reactive insulator. Kanger needs to make the change pronto...

I do hear what you're saying, but I also think Pluid is in a class of it's own when it comes to eating stuff!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL - well, the nautilus doesn't have rubber o rings right? So, I guess if it's dedicated to Pluid it's all good :)
I've used Pluid off and on in it and ain't seeing any degradation of the seals. They are not rubber, or silicone gel...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hey UncleRJ, good morning, seeing you always makes my day. You're like a beacon of light at VU. :)

More like a bastion of B.S. but I will take what I can get:D

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Yes, but tank cracks don't cause shorts.

caddisfly

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep - Correct, but eroded insulators will...
Thank you. Btw, I have a Subtank and was going to buy another. Though the video was alarming, I'm going to wait for more evidence before deciding.

Midnight

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
This is the reply from Kanger on the video's post on youtube.

Kangertech
1 day ago
Dear all. we will find out the reason may cause this problem, and we do really appreciate for people who like Tejay can send us suggestions and problems when you guys meet. we will give a reply asap to the community.

cleardot.gif

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my subtank last night from a seller here in VU....
I think KANGER IMPRESSED me this time,built quality is superb over all, its a perfect balance of SS and aluminum,plastic.. I didn't care about the coils,I use the RDA mode,.8 single coil, its alright, im not gonna say WOW! it perform like how it should, the aqua v2 is more airy, the elk tank is more airy, the aspire sub ohm in my opinion is a crap compare to the RDTA,mentioned above...IMO!
THE SUBTANK is huge YES but im a big dude, this tank is perfect for me when im driving,working,on the go.. My cloud chasing chasing stays at home...
BTW 22mm and a mini subtank on their way....IMO
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

I can confirm this issue and I don't vape tank crackers. I sent KangerTech an email last week and they responded this morning telling me that I needed to take it back to vendor for replacement. I contacted the shop I got it from and they told me to bring it in and they would do what ever to make it right.

Not sure what is going on with it. The seal looks like it is oozing. My cotton sticks to it and it leaks into air chamber now.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kanger has kind of screwed the pooch on this one. They now have 3 different insulators, and the first 2 are a problem... and not just with tank cracker juices. The first insulator, the white one, has been admitted by Kanger to be a problem. The second, the clear PEEK insulator replaced the original white and is also a problem material. Kanger has admitted this too. I have the Kanger mini with the clear insulator (that was supposed to fix the problem) and it has deteriorated on my tank after 3 fills by visible cracks around the airflow hole and discoloration of the material from clear to an opaque muddy color. I have only vaped a strawberry with a little caramel in it, so tank cracking juice is not an issue here. Kanger has, since the release of the mini with the clear PEEK insulator, released a new blended PEEK material that is light brown. I have ordered this to see how it performs. The new insulators are on sale at $0.49 for 2... 1 for the 25mm tank and 1 for the 22mm mini. You can contact them for a free replacement but you will need your box for the serial number, authenticity number, where you bought the tank, and address information. I just decided to buy the insulators rather than dig up all the information. Hopefully this newest material is tested well and will work better. Time will tell. I do appreciate Kanger is responding fast to the issue and hope the latest insulator has been properly tested and vetted.

Kanger has kind of screwed the pooch on this one. They now have 3 different insulators, and the first 2 are a problem... and not just with tank cracker juices. The first insulator, the white one, has been admitted by Kanger to be a problem. The second, the clear PEEK insulator replaced the original white and is also a problem material. Kanger has admitted this too. I have the Kanger mini with the clear insulator (that was supposed to fix the problem) and it has deteriorated on my tank after 3 fills by visible cracks around the airflow hole and discoloration of the material from clear to an opaque muddy color. I have only vaped a strawberry with a little caramel in it, so tank cracking juice is not an issue here. Kanger has, since the release of the mini with the clear PEEK insulator, released a new blended PEEK material that is light brown. I have ordered this to see how it performs. The new insulators are on sale at $0.49 for 2... 1 for the 25mm tank and 1 for the 22mm mini. You can contact them for a free replacement but you will need your box for the serial number, authenticity number, where you bought the tank, and address information. I just decided to buy the insulators rather than dig up all the information. Hopefully this newest material is tested well and will work better. Time will tell. I do appreciate Kanger is responding fast to the issue and hope the latest insulator has been properly tested and vetted.

Do you have s number that I can call? Email is no help I have found. Every email from them I have received seems to be blowing me off.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The number for Kangertechus is (888) 799-1988. I didn't call them, so I have no idea if they do the free replacement by phone or not. If you do it that way let us know how it goes. I think the normal method is to email [email protected]. Or just buy the parts like I did on their parts purchase page. Here is the link for the insulators:

http://www.mcssl.com/store/kangertechusllc/advanced-subtank-insulators-upgraded-material-two-sizes

When I ordered the parts I got a confirming email within 20 minutes, so hopefully they will ship out quickly. The shipping was 3.99, which isn't too bad and I ordered 4 sets so I could give out a few sets to friends. The total order with shipping was 5.95. It was just worth the 6 bucks to me to not have to deal with the replacement verification process and look up all the information needed.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received my free replacement insulators from Kangertech the other day. They sent two of them. Both are the light brown ones. One is a perfect size match for the original insulator and pops right in. The other has a hole diameter that is a shade too big to fit. Not sure what that one is for...lol...they were pretty fast shipping it...I emailed them with the required info 10 days ago, they replied within a half hour and said they'd be sending the replacement soon...not too bad of a response and follow through...

Sorry to bump this thread!

WARNING: DO NOT USE YOUR RBA IF THEY COME WITH THE WHITE OR CLEAR INSULATORS! Only the latest brown ones are safe as of now. I wish I would have known this before I used mine which came with the clear ones. PLEASE UPVOTE THIS TO WARN OTHERS.

I received my Subtank Mini on Jan 31, 2015 from myvaporstore and had been using it soley with the RBA head and the premade coil that came inside the RBA. My battery is an Istick 30watt, and I vape primarily at 25-30 watts. Unfortunately I hadn't seen any of the forum posts at the time about the clear insulators also being bad, and had only saw Phil Busardo's video about the original white insulators and how the clear insulators fixed the problem. My Subtank came with a clear insulator (which at the time I thought were the fixed ones), and I am sure you can tell where this is going....

The insulators melted.

My first tankfull of e-liquid on the Mini seemed fine and I was very happy, but upon refilling, I started to notice a very strange and disgusting taste. I thought at first perhaps it was my e-liquid, so I cleaned my tank thoroughly with distilled water, allowed it to dry completely, and refilled with a new e-liquid. The nasty taste persisted, and it was then that I decided to disassemble the RBA and saw that the clear insulator had melted in half and was coming apart, while the other half was fused to the metal base and into the airflow portion of the RBA.

I immediately cleaned the tank again with distilled water, let dry completely, switched to the OCC .5 ohm head and put new e-liquid in, but I could still strongly taste and smell the remnants of the burned insulator within the tank itself, as could my girlfriend and everyone who tried the tank afterwards. I thought maybe it was just my taste buds since I has cleaned out the tank and put in a new coil, so I brought the tank to my local shop and had a few friends try it out. These people were not present when the insulator melted and had no idea of the original issue until after they tasted it, but were still commenting that my vapor tasted and smelled of burnt chemicals despite the wick being fully saturated and primed correctly as I have always done.

No matter what I do, the tank now tastes terrible with whatever e-liquid or coil I put in it!

This is upsetting, because before this happened, the tank was performing perfectly and tasted amazing. I was completely satisfied with my purchase.

Ive contacted Kanger and myvaporstore but have yet to hear back from any of them. I'm hoping they make things right because I love Kanger's products and reccomend them to all my friends.

I'm having to resort to using my Aspire Atlantis (which I haven't used since I got my subtank mini and my girlfriend's subtank nano) while I wait for this issue to be resolved. Thankfully I rewicked the stock Atlantis coil with some japanese cotton so it doesnt mute the flavor as much as the silica wick did, but its still not as vibrant as the subtank's flavor was.

On a side note, my girlfriend's subtank nano has been performing perfectly and tastes great. I also wanted to say, other than the insulator being bad and messing up my tank, the tank performed great before this issue arose. Its by far my favorite out of the atlantis and the delta ii. I had no wicking issues whatsoever with the RBA and I was using 80/20 VG juice and chain vaping

I honestly dont know what caused it to melt, all I know is it wasnt from any fault of my own, or from any eliquid I was using (I dont use tank crackers and never will). I did not build the RBA myself, it came with a factory coil already installed inside the RBA deck which was the one I used. I didnt have any time to try any of my own builds because the insulator melted after the first tank of e-liquid. It wasn't from a short because I use an Istick30 watt which wont fire on one. I did wick the coil but the cotton did not tug or move the coil in any way and went through it easily.

melted.jpg

melted2.jpg

melted3.jpg

Last edited:
I also wanted to say, other than the insulator being bad and messing up my tank, the tank performed great before this issue arose. Its by far my favorite out of the atlantis and the delta ii. I had no wicking issues whatsoever with the RBA and I was using 80/20 VG juice and chain vaping

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I contacted the days ago and never heard back from them. Guess I will try again.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very impressed with Kanger's service on this. Ordered the replacement insulators on Friday and received them on Tuesday. They came in a standard letter envelope and was hand addressed. Not bad making from GA to CA in a couple days. Might have helped that I just purchased them and didn't go the free replacement route, not really sure about that. But they did get them to me very quickly. I'll install tonight in my mini and see how it does. Great service though.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also received my insulators in a couple days.. they are a tan color (almost brown) for anyone who is wondering..

I haven't even used my rba head on the subtank but I'll swap these out eventually

If the insulator hadn't of physically fused itself to my RBA base from melting into it as well as the fumes from that incident causing the rest of my tank to taste disgusting no matter what coils or e-liquid I use in it, then I might have considered ordering the insulator them. At this point I feel my tank is pretty much ruined and am counting on Kanger to make things right. This is unacceptable and I shouldn't have to go through this sort of hassle or be made to feel like I am trying to get a handout when I have a legitimate problem with the product I purchased! Like I've said in the past, I love Kanger's products and recommend them to everyone, but I have still yet to hear back from them and have heard through the grapevine they are now forcing people to pay for the insulators. I seriously hope this isnt the case because if it is I will never buy or recommend another Kanger product again :(

Last edited:

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Kanger story that never ends. As I said in my earlier post today, I received the replacement insulators today with very fast service from Kanger US. But unfortunately... it doesn't work. The insulator for the big Subtank is a perfect replacement, no problem there. But the insulator for the mini is clearly for a different build deck. A build deck that has juice channels that continue from the sides to the flat top surface of the deck. Only problem is mine doesn't have those juice channels for the ears that stick out from the insulator to fit in. Also, the through hole narrows on my build deck so the insulator will not sit all the way inside the through hole. Here are a few pics of the big Subtank and the mini side by side with the new insulators.

IMG_0379.JPG IMG_0381.JPG

In the first pic you can see the ears on the insulators and how there is no place for them on the mini deck on the right. Although the full size Subtank has the channels for the ears. On the second pic the insulator is as far down as the mini insulator will go because of a narrowing step built into the throat of the through hole. How frustrating... the shit don't fit.

I would appreciate if anyone with the mini could post pics of their mini deck to see if there are juice channels for these ears on the flat portion of their deck. I suspect there must have been a running change in the deck design that has not been made known by Kanger yet... or they just screwed up the design totally. I suspect they made a change.

I'm about over this build deck TBH, it's just not worth the effort anymore.

Damn man, that really sucks! I was very satisfied with the build deck until my insulator melted :( Wtf is going on at Kanger!?

There now seems to be a massive attempt by someone to discredit me on reddit after i posted a thread about the issues multiple users are having with the clear insulators, claiming the link I provided above with the insulators is a phishing attempt. The link posted is obviously not a scam. Go to www.kangertechus.com and click "shop genuine parts" and it will take you to the link provided above.

This is a legitimate issue and I never have attempted to scam anyone in my entire life.This is a serious safety issue because if my battery was not protected, it could have easily vented or exploded from that insulator melting and a short happening. Not to mention the dangerous fumes someone might inhale from a plastic insulator melting...

I find it comical people are insinuating the site was a phishing attempt. I wonder if it is smaller retailers with plenty of the subtank minis containing the clear insulators sitting on their shelves, worried they wont be able to sell them

[edit] I just wanted to report that the mods at reddit have thankfully reinstated my post about this issue. There seemed to be a few posters there trying to cause trouble and accuse me of all sorts of falsities which was irritating but it seems the mods have realized I was genuine and the other individuals were attempting to lie and mislead other posters about the information I was sharing.

Last edited:

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the white insulator but haven't had any problems with it melting; it's still intact as the day I got it. My problem is that the damn thing spits hot juice into my mouth. It does it with both the rba and the occ coils (both .5 & 1.2).

I was running the rba section with a .8 build and it spit hot juice at 25 watts. I did turn it down to about 15 watts, but the vape was too cool and the vapor suffered. I just screwed in the 1.2 ohm occ coil and it vaped for a 1/2 hour nicely at 25 watts, but then started spitting hot juice. I have it down to 15 watts and it stopped spitting hot juice, but after a few minutes it started up again. IDK if this has anything to do with the insulator, but all of my other builds on my tanks are not having this problem. Sorry, if I hijacked this thread.

p.s. I cannot get a nickel build to work on the sub tank. I have been successful with nickel builds on my other tanks and rda's.

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to bump this thread!

WARNING: DO NOT USE YOUR RBA IF THEY COME WITH THE WHITE OR CLEAR INSULATORS! Only the latest brown ones are safe as of now. I wish I would have known this before I used mine which came with the clear ones. PLEASE UPVOTE THIS TO WARN OTHERS.

I received my Subtank Mini on Jan 31, 2015 from myvaporstore and had been using it soley with the RBA head and the premade coil that came inside the RBA. My battery is an Istick 30watt, and I vape primarily at 25-30 watts. Unfortunately I hadn't seen any of the forum posts at the time about the clear insulators also being bad, and had only saw Phil Busardo's video about the original white insulators and how the clear insulators fixed the problem. My Subtank came with a clear insulator (which at the time I thought were the fixed ones), and I am sure you can tell where this is going....

The insulators melted.

My first tankfull of e-liquid on the Mini seemed fine and I was very happy, but upon refilling, I started to notice a very strange and disgusting taste. I thought at first perhaps it was my e-liquid, so I cleaned my tank thoroughly with distilled water, allowed it to dry completely, and refilled with a new e-liquid. The nasty taste persisted, and it was then that I decided to disassemble the RBA and saw that the clear insulator had melted in half and was coming apart, while the other half was fused to the metal base and into the airflow portion of the RBA.

I immediately cleaned the tank again with distilled water, let dry completely, switched to the OCC .5 ohm head and put new e-liquid in, but I could still strongly taste and smell the remnants of the burned insulator within the tank itself, as could my girlfriend and everyone who tried the tank afterwards. I thought maybe it was just my taste buds since I has cleaned out the tank and put in a new coil, so I brought the tank to my local shop and had a few friends try it out. These people were not present when the insulator melted and had no idea of the original issue until after they tasted it, but were still commenting that my vapor tasted and smelled of burnt chemicals despite the wick being fully saturated and primed correctly as I have always done.

No matter what I do, the tank now tastes terrible with whatever e-liquid or coil I put in it!

This is upsetting, because before this happened, the tank was performing perfectly and tasted amazing. I was completely satisfied with my purchase.

Ive contacted Kanger and myvaporstore but have yet to hear back from any of them. I'm hoping they make things right because I love Kanger's products and reccomend them to all my friends.

I'm having to resort to using my Aspire Atlantis (which I haven't used since I got my subtank mini and my girlfriend's subtank nano) while I wait for this issue to be resolved. Thankfully I rewicked the stock Atlantis coil with some japanese cotton so it doesnt mute the flavor as much as the silica wick did, but its still not as vibrant as the subtank's flavor was.

On a side note, my girlfriend's subtank nano has been performing perfectly and tastes great. I also wanted to say, other than the insulator being bad and messing up my tank, the tank performed great before this issue arose. Its by far my favorite out of the atlantis and the delta ii. I had no wicking issues whatsoever with the RBA and I was using 80/20 VG juice and chain vaping

I honestly dont know what caused it to melt, all I know is it wasnt from any fault of my own, or from any eliquid I was using (I dont use tank crackers and never will). I did not build the RBA myself, it came with a factory coil already installed inside the RBA deck which was the one I used. I didnt have any time to try any of my own builds because the insulator melted after the first tank of e-liquid. It wasn't from a short because I use an Istick30 watt which wont fire on one. I did wick the coil but the cotton did not tug or move the coil in any way and went through it easily.

melted.jpg

melted2.jpg

melted3.jpg

JC thanks for giving us a heads up. Noted your likewise on that other forum. Thx.

(noted the ribbin' you got but ur on point)

Good luck.

:)

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Kanger story that never ends. As I said in my earlier post today, I received the replacement insulators today with very fast service from Kanger US. But unfortunately... it doesn't work. The insulator for the big Subtank is a perfect replacement, no problem there. But the insulator for the mini is clearly for a different build deck. A build deck that has juice channels that continue from the sides to the flat top surface of the deck. Only problem is mine doesn't have those juice channels for the ears that stick out from the insulator to fit in. Also, the through hole narrows on my build deck so the insulator will not sit all the way inside the through hole. Here are a few pics of the big Subtank and the mini side by side with the new insulators.

View attachment 13860 View attachment 13861

In the first pic you can see the ears on the insulators and how there is no place for them on the mini deck on the right. Although the full size Subtank has the channels for the ears. On the second pic the insulator is as far down as the mini insulator will go because of a narrowing step built into the throat of the through hole. How frustrating... the shit don't fit.

I would appreciate if anyone with the mini could post pics of their mini deck to see if there are juice channels for these ears on the flat portion of their deck. I suspect there must have been a running change in the deck design that has not been made known by Kanger yet... or they just screwed up the design totally. I suspect they made a change.

I'm about over this build deck TBH, it's just not worth the effort anymore.

Good catch, good pic's drone.

Good luck.

So I emailed Kanger support yesterday with all the information requested (where I had gotten them, id #, hologram sticker #, etc) and asked for replacement insulators. I received this a few minutes ago:
------------------
Thank you for your email. We apologize for the inconvenience the product has caused you.
If you would like a replacement/repair of the product, please send

1. physical or digital receipt ( required- if product is sent back with receipt, it will not be replaced. If

the purchase date is outside of the warranty policy, it will not be replaced.)
2. where you purchased the product (along with the store’s contact information)
3. complete product in the box/packaging with the authenticity code
4. your name, mailing address, and reference to this email

to our US sales & service center at 11555 Medlock Bridge Rd. Suite 100, Johns Creek, GA 30097, and we will be glad to send you a replacement product if we determine that the product is a manufacturing defect. If you decide to proceed with the warranty process, please also email us your mailing address and confirm your full name.

Best regards,

KangerTech US Sales & Service Center

www.KangerTechUS.com
----------------------------------------
cleardot.gif
So I have responded back, explaining I just want some 59 cent insulators. Not looking hopeful at this point. I tried the phone contact and just stayed on hold for a while and then was told to leave a message by voicemail.

So I emailed Kanger support yesterday with all the information requested (where I had gotten them, id #, hologram sticker #, etc) and asked for replacement insulators. I received this a few minutes ago:
------------------
Thank you for your email. We apologize for the inconvenience the product has caused you.
If you would like a replacement/repair of the product, please send

1. physical or digital receipt ( required- if product is sent back with receipt, it will not be replaced. If

the purchase date is outside of the warranty policy, it will not be replaced.)
2. where you purchased the product (along with the store’s contact information)
3. complete product in the box/packaging with the authenticity code
4. your name, mailing address, and reference to this email

to our US sales & service center at 11555 Medlock Bridge Rd. Suite 100, Johns Creek, GA 30097, and we will be glad to send you a replacement product if we determine that the product is a manufacturing defect. If you decide to proceed with the warranty process, please also email us your mailing address and confirm your full name.

Best regards,

KangerTech US Sales & Service Center

www.KangerTechUS.com
----------------------------------------
cleardot.gif
So I have responded back, explaining I just want some 59 cent insulators. Not looking hopeful at this point. I tried the phone contact and just stayed on hold for a while and then was told to leave a message by voicemail.

Man, they sure were polite and fast getting to you! I wish I had received that level of service. They must hate me or something. Ive only heard about insulators, they haven't addressed my tank's taste or the fact that the original insulator is literally melted into the deck of my RBA and into the RBA airhole and I cant get it out even if I wanted to.

JC thanks for giving us a heads up. Noted your likewise on that other forum. Thx.

Good luck.

Good luck.

Thanks man. If you are talking about reddit, some people did try to bring me down but I am too stubborn to let someone take advantage of me like that :p The majority of the ecig forum has been nothing but friendly to me however

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man. If you are talking about reddit, some people did try to bring me down but I am too stubborn to let someone take advantage of me like that :p The majority of the ecig forum has been nothing but friendly to me however

It's a tough audience these days, anywhere you go. Sometimes it seems, as they say – No good deed goes unpunished.

Just now evaluating my first high power, high density build for the SubMin and it did come with the clear insulator. So far wrapping up the first tank no indication of a problem. We shall see as we break it down.

Good luck.

qNpWMQ

Last edited:
Check often for cracking, or melting. Also for gaps between the L shaped portion of the insulator and the positive post. That's the point where i suspect these insulators have been failing at. That being said, I hope yours doesnt have any issues. It sucks going through this. Still no support from Kanger when they clearly know of my issue and are choosing to ignore it instead.

VU Sponsors