Become a Patron!

Issue with my new Vaporizer

Hi everyone. I recently took the leap from tobacco to vaping, and for the first night, it was great. I bought a Voopoo Drag 157watt TC Gene chip box mod, and a Nautilus X tank/coil, i was told it was better to simulate the effect of smoking a cigarette because of the low air intake, and some Liquid Ejuice 12mg. The day i got it i was vaping all night, big beautiful clouds and a smooth drag with a slight throat hit, exactly what i wanted, it felt great, however I left it with my roommate to try it out for a few hours and when I came back to start vaping again, any drag i took would cause me to cough incessantly, the mouth piece would get hot and barely any vapor would be produced. I asked him if he messed around with the settings and he swears up and down that he didn't but I can't be sure. I don't remember what the default settings were out of the box for the life of me, only that i was running it between 12-14Watts. Looking at my screen right now it says 1.79ohms, 12watts, and when i hit fire the V goes up on increments of 5, and the temperature is at 315F.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, and I'm sorry for the long post, Im very new to vaping and wanted to give as much info as i can before asking.

Thanks.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone. I recently took the leap from tobacco to vaping, and for the first night, it was great. I bought a Voopoo Drag 157watt TC Gene chip box mod, and a Nautilus X tank/coil, i was told it was better to simulate the effect of smoking a cigarette because of the low air intake, and some Liquid Ejuice 12mg. The day i got it i was vaping all night, big beautiful clouds and a smooth drag with a slight throat hit, exactly what i wanted, it felt great, however I left it with my roommate to try it out for a few hours and when I came back to start vaping again, any drag i took would cause me to cough incessantly, the mouth piece would get hot and barely any vapor would be produced. I asked him if he messed around with the settings and he swears up and down that he didn't but I can't be sure. I don't remember what the default settings were out of the box for the life of me, only that i was running it between 12-14Watts. Looking at my screen right now it says 1.79ohms, 12watts, and when i hit fire the V goes up on increments of 5, and the temperature is at 315F.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, and I'm sorry for the long post, Im very new to vaping and wanted to give as much info as i can before asking.

Thanks.
Click the fire button 3 times fast which will bring you into the settings. then click again, and again each 3 times fast until you see a number and a W next to it.
Seems your in some temperature mode right now with showing degrees.which is N1, T1, and SS, You want the W

Your roommate might have burnt out the coil when it changed settings. But try to get it back to W mode

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
In this video he shows you how to get it back to the W setting.

Thanks a ton for the informative posts, the video was VERY informative and I learned new things about my model. As it turns out however, the issue was with my intake, I had zero airflow which was causing the heat and lack of vapor, all I had to do was open the intake valve, and voila, I'm vaping away.

Thanks again.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Thanks a ton for the informative posts, the video was VERY informative and I learned new things about my model. As it turns out however, the issue was with my intake, I had zero airflow which was causing the heat and lack of vapor, all I had to do was open the intake valve, and voila, I'm vaping away.

Thanks again.
OK great but why is it showing temperature degree on the screen you said (and the temperature is at 315F) which means it is on a TC setting, and your using kanthal coils which should only show bat level, ohm reading, voltage reading then 12W for what wattage your vaping?

VU Sponsors