Become a Patron!

iStick 100w - First Impressions

Xeir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just received the iStick 100w today.

This is to provide some info for those, like myself, that just want an inexpensive mod that works. Having owned an iStick 50w, with no issues, then a KBOX 40w, I figured it was worth a shot.

No pic's, but here's a very quick first impression & rundown if anyone's interested.

Feel - It just feels right. While obviously bigger then the iStick 50w and KBOX 40w, I think the 100w conforms better in the hand. For me, it's extremely comfortable to use.
510 connector - Seems of good quality and the atty secures down nicely and doesn't wiggle at all. Looking closer, on mine at least, it is raised just a tiny bit, 0.11 mm, above the top cap which makes the atty appear flush yet it doesn't scratch the top.
Trigger - Curved surface, good click/feel and no rattle. Feels comfortable whether triggered via the forefinger, the thumb or even the spot between the thumb and forefinger depending on how you hold it.
+/- Buttons - The +/- buttons do rattle a bit more then expected. Gives it a cheap feeling which could/should have been avoided.
Cover fit - The battery cover does have an ever so slightly raised edge on the end and slightly lowered edge on the side. It's VERY minor and I don't notice it at all when holding the mod in either orientation.
Cover magnets - Strong, no fear of the cover popping off accidentally while in use.
End Caps - The top & bottom caps are slightly off center, flush on one side, very slight overlap on the other. The same thing I noticed on the iStick 50w.
Batteries - Parallel.
Charging - Haven't tried it, don't know if I will. But, it is there if I need it.
Weight - 148.1g without batteries, 235.4g with 2x batteries.

Updates:
Screen orientation - I'm using the screen flipped and it resets to default when changing the batteries.

Overall, while I would prefer that the +/- buttons didn't rattle, for the price point and being able to use 2x removable 18650's, I think it's well worth it. After all, this is meant to be a useable yet inexpensive mod.

As always, time will tell.

Last edited:
I received my istick100w today purchased through efun. My has a loose peice that slides up and down the mod when shake it and told efun about it. They said that they confirmed with eleaf and that it's normal and it has to do with the voltage function which it doesn't sound right to me. Also when firing you can hear a electricity current sound before it fires. I searched around and have not heard of anyone having these issues.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wait...the batteries are parallel?...the specs say series...hence the 10v its capable of..cant get 10v from parallel.

Xeir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I received my istick100w today purchased through efun. My has a loose peice that slides up and down the mod when shake it and told efun about it. They said that they confirmed with eleaf and that it's normal and it has to do with the voltage function which it doesn't sound right to me. Also when firing you can hear a electricity current sound before it fires. I searched around and have not heard of anyone having these issues.
Hmm, made me curious, so after trying to make it happen for about 5 minutes, I finally heard the sliding sound you mentioned. It happened once more within a minute or two, then nothing since.

As to the 'electricity current' sound, maybe the PWM kicking in? I'm currently running in the 3.9-4.2v range and haven't noticed it.

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only thing loose I've noticed with mine is the +/- buttons rattling a bit. Other than that it's been good. I haven't noticed the sound you're referring to, but I will keep an eye (or ear) open for it.

The only other 2 issues that I would call "cons" are that the charging port is on the bottom, so you can't stand it up while charging it if you use the USB charger, and the display showing the ohms and voltage is a little bit small to read. However that may have more to do with my eyesight than anything else.

Still for the price, so far the thing can't be beat as far as I'm concerned.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really thinking hard about buying this mod, but after buying 3 sig classic 150 it's hard for me to buy another box mod compare to the grandfather sig150, but it's a good looking device no doubt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im still confused about it being a parallel battery configuration..Every single spec sheet ive searched show it as being 10v maximum which means its not a parallel configuration...Guess ill have to wait till i get mine delivered to see for myself.

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im still confused about it being a parallel battery configuration..Every single spec sheet ive searched show it as being 10v maximum which means its not a parallel configuration...Guess ill have to wait till i get mine delivered to see for myself.

Parallel or Series is of no matter here... It appears that you're assuming there's not a regulator and the battery is connected straight to your atomizer. But it's not; it goes through a voltage regulator circuit first, so even though the input voltage is 3.7v from the batteries, it can be set to above or below what the batteries put out on their own.

Think about it in terms of this.. A stun gun or a tazer... they shock you with about 50,000v or so, but they're battery operated. There's not a 50,000v battery in them, there's a regulator or transformer in them that steps up the voltage from the battery to that voltage, just a really low amperage.

Another example... My Innokin MVP 3.0 Pro is rated for 60W, and can supply up to 9v... I've got a .28 ohm dual coil build in it right now. If I set it to voltage mode and set it for 9 volts, in theory that would be 289w. Obviously the mod cannot do 289w, so it does 60W which comes to about 4.1v... But if I had a 1.5 ohm setup on it, it could do 9v if I told it to because that's only about 54w...

So as far as the mod is concerned, it doesn't care about voltage even though you can set it. You can do 2v @ up to 50A (100w) or you can do 10v @ up to 10A (100w), or any other combination in between so long as it comes up to 100w or less. The regulator runs off the battery voltage and steps up or steps down that voltage to whatever is set, so long as it is within the limits of the rated power of the device. Battery voltage or arrangement doesn't matter.

Hope that makes a little sense..

Last edited:

VU Sponsors