Become a Patron!

Istick 100w TC / Samsung 25r Question

Hey I just joined the forums and im relatively new to vaping.
I bought myself a Istick 100w TC + 1 samsung 25 r battery (will buy second one later)
I have a question about safety.
For this question lets not take specific ohms or watts since i will be changing them quite often.
I just want to know is the only thing i need to worry about for safety is to not to over do the discharge current (35A)
Or do i also need to make sure that i vape at the nominal voltage or less (3.6 V) ? And whether it would be safe to vape at 6 V or something like that?
And is there any difference if i have 1 or 2 batteries in there safety wise?
Thank you in advance!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a regulated mod, so resistance does not matter- the voltage that is hitting your atomiser is not the same as your batteries voltage, and also resistance has no impact on amp load on your batteries.

Boosting is perfectly fine- vape anywhere you like. The Istick 100TC is a parallel regulated mod, so 100W will be good with 2 25R's.

The 25R will be fine, but I wouldn't buy one 25R now, then add a second one later. Always try to keep your batteries married up.

EDIT: For example, at 100W, you will be drawing 32.25A at a cut off of 3.1V. This is before efficiency, say the mod is 90% efficient this will be 35.84A.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Personally I wouldn't go over 75 watts on a single battery. Like Conan said you always want batterys used in pairs to have the same charge discharge cycles.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally I wouldn't go over 75 watts on a single battery. Like Conan said you always want batterys used in pairs to have the same charge discharge cycles.

I'm pretty sure the Istick 100TC does actually limit you to 75W in single 18650 mode, which is a good thing. Like you say anything over that is pushing things, I think even 75W is quite high for just one 18650- single battery mods don't last long charge wise if you run them this high.

Definitely always keep the batteries in pairs. If you are going to buy one now, keep that as one, then buy two later to use together.

EDIT: Yes it does limit you to 75W with one 18650. This is around 26.8A though, which is a bit high for a single 18650. In parallel with two batteries will give you better battery life, and also be safer.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey I just joined the forums and im relatively new to vaping.
I bought myself a Istick 100w TC + 1 samsung 25 r battery (will buy second one later)
I have a question about safety.
For this question lets not take specific ohms or watts since i will be changing them quite often.
I just want to know is the only thing i need to worry about for safety is to not to over do the discharge current (35A)
Or do i also need to make sure that i vape at the nominal voltage or less (3.6 V) ? And whether it would be safe to vape at 6 V or something like that?
And is there any difference if i have 1 or 2 batteries in there safety wise?
Thank you in advance!

Buy 2 new batteries.. Not 1.. That set will then need to be married and ALWAYS used and charged as a pair. Keep the single battery you have for when you want to run single battery. Or a single battery mod. it must NOT be used with the new batts. NEVER use or charge the paired batteries seperately..... It not so much a safety thing although it is... But this is more a battery life and performance thing.

My rule is by 2x more wattage in your mod than you need and think you might need. You need at least 1 battery for every 50watts of vapor. Yes you can "safely" vape a single 18650 battery well over 75 watts...... You just cant do it for very long. I look at a mod kinda like the motor in a car....... If I gonna by on the freeway 70mph all the time I don't want a car that tops out at 75, I want one than will do 150plus......

VU Sponsors