Become a Patron!

iStick 20 and tugboat help please

So I got a tugboat clone and an iStick 20w and I built the rda and too find out, when I put the tugboat on the iStick it doesn't even recognize that it's on there. The iStick doesn't have an adjustable pin and neither does the tugboat clone. (I don't think). And I put my aspire nautilus mini tank on the iStick and works like a charm, I just don't understand it. Anyone that posts, thanks in advance.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What resistance is your coil at? The Istick 20 watt won't read anything below 1 ohm.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My istick's pin got smooshed and would only read some atties. The solution was to cut tiny pieces of rubber band and stick them around the 510 pin on the Istick so that it was not pushed down. Is the Istick brand new?

My istick's pin got smooshed and would only read some atties. The solution was to cut tiny pieces of rubber band and stick them around the 510 pin on the Istick so that it was not pushed down. Is the Istick brand new?
No, had it for about 6 months and just got an rda to try it out, is the iStick have a pressure pin? And it's just slammed in? And how would I pull it up to get the bands back down, thanks for helping

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, had it for about 6 months and just got an rda to try it out, is the iStick have a pressure pin? And it's just slammed in? And how would I pull it up to get the bands back down, thanks for helping

I eased mine up slightly with a flat head screwdriver, and then worked a couple of pieces of rubber band under each side to prevent it from smooshing down again!

I eased mine up slightly with a flat head screwdriver, and then worked a couple of pieces of rubber band under each side to prevent it from smooshing down again!
How do I use the flathead? It doesn't have the grooves for it? Just try to lever it up I guess?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A cuticle tool with a bit of a curve on the end works well, much easier to work it under the edge of the pin. Be sure to 5 click the unit off before adjusting. And make sure the pin is centered when you're done and not tilted to one side.
There's a wire soldered on the other end so don't just yank it up. If you have trouble getting either a small o-ring or other piece of rubber to stay under the pin don't sweat it. Just raise it slightly when needed.

A cuticle tool with a bit of a curve on the end works well, much easier to work it under the edge of the pin. Be sure to 5 click the unit off before adjusting.
There's a wire soldered on the other end so don't just yank it up. If you have trouble getting either a small o-ring or other piece of rubber to stay under the pin don't sweat it. Just raise it slightly when needed.
Yes, this worked and I took it off and put it back on and didn't fire again. I worked up a bit and put it back on and it's firing again. Guess it's just gonna be a pain until I get a new mod, thank you both

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like the rubber gasket that insulates the pin is pretty loose. Usually it's good until you put something on that pushes the pin farther down then when you switch back you have to adjust. Try Amanda's pieces of rubber band trick.

VU Sponsors