Become a Patron!

istick 40 TC + aspire mini nautilus

hey.. so thats my setup 40tc and aspire mini nautilus ... i recently got the nickel coils (blue ring around them)

anyways when i set it to tc mode... its at 450F and the screen shows; .28 oms 40W and 450F ...

its smooth but i keep getting temperature protection... on the display...

when i switch back to the non tc mode it displays 11W and im not getting no warning temperature protection ?

sorry... total newb. appreciate the help guys!!

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you locking in the resistance of the coil in TC mode before vaping on it? You really shouldn't run a nickel coil in non TC mode by the way.

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you lock in the resistance of the coil at room temperature before firing it? Also as stated in the previous post, don't run a Ni200 coil in power mode.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Look at the manual that came with it, it's usually pressing the up/down buttons or something like that simultaneously before you fire the coil. I don't have your mod, but that's how you lock in an IPV3Li.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You lock the resistance in TC mode by pressing the power and up buttons at the same time until a lock icon appears. This should be done when the coil is at room temperature not after having fired it already (wait 15 min if you already have fired it before trying to lock it). Nickel changes resistance when heated. That's how the mod predicts the temperature of the coil. It needs to have a baseline resistance of the coil at room temperature in order for those predictions to be accurate.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the response !!

Anyways so I tried locking it in at .30 oms but its still showing temperature protection.. It does hit and work but it says Temperature Protection. I did some research and these coils on the mini nautilus need a DNA40 board... well my istick 40TC doesn't have that :0

anyways... whats another affordable tank... that will work without the DNA40 board on my istick 40 TC ??

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just about any of them. That's the first time I've seen a nickel coil that is board specific.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your right flight90.I was going to pick some up this weekend. Not now. Thanks for the heads up as well.

Vaporshark Aspire Nautilus BVC Nickel Temp Sensing Coils

Sold in 5 Packs 0.3 ohm

WARNING: RISK OF BATTERY EXPLOSION! Nickel 200 is designed for use ONLY with devices equipped with circuit boards that are capable of controlling coil temperature, such as the rDNA 40. Do not use this product with any other type of device!

Vapor Shark has collaborated with Aspire to bring the groundbreaking temperature limiting technology of the Vapor Shark rDNA 40 to the massively popular Aspire Nautilus and Nautilus Mini tanks. These replacement atomizer heads for the Nautilus family of tanks feature coils wrapped from pure Nickel (NI-200) wire at 0.3 ohms, allowing you to monitor and limit the temperature your coils are reaching. Because these coils are only for use on devices powered by Evolv's DNA 40 board, we have changed the color of the silicone ring on the atomizer heads from clear to Vapor Shark blue for increased safety and ease of identification.
Well, let's hope that's not a trend. I'd hate to have to deal with chip specific coils as far as making a choice on what atty I want to buy.

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@flight90 - all of my TC istick 40w do that...it's the device's way of telling you that it's reached the specified temperature and the "Temperature Protection" display comes up when it's cutting power a bit to keep the coil from raising temperature more....

Mine will ramp up wattage and temperature until it reaches my desired temp and then displays "Temperature Protection" and then back down a few degrees and back up over and over... btw it does this same thing on ni200 prebuilt kanger subtank, ni200 IJust2 prebuilt coils, and any ni200 coils I've built...

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think the coil is actually board specific. Basically they are just saying don't use it on a non-TC device (or in non-TC mode). They mention the DNA40 because that's the chip they use in their own devices. It's just a basic nickel coil. No reason that it shouldn't work fine on an Istick 40 TC. I've only used the Istick 40 TC in a friends shop who sells them and wasn't looking at the screen while vaping it but it seemed to work just fine even with a titanium coil and the temp set 100 degrees lower than I would with nickel.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors