Become a Patron!

Istick 50 watt or MVP 3.0 pro ?

Dave C

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone, looking at getting a box mod about 50 watts with a built in battery, these two keep coming up, which one would you recommend ?
Cheers Dave.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have an IStick 50, and love it. Some on the forum have complained about QC issues with it though (won't turn on won't charge, fire button sticking, etc.), but I haven't had any problems so far. Guess I've been lucky. I have no experience with the MVP 3.0 Pro, but have heard it's a great mod.

BTW, welcome to VU!

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I have an IStick 50, and love it. Some on the forum have complained about QC issues with it though (won't turn on won't charge, fire button sticking, etc.), but I haven't had any problems so far. Guess I've been lucky. I have no experience with the MVP 3.0 Pro, but have heard it's a great mod.

BTW, welcome to VU!
The problem is that there are so many clones of this mod which look exactly alike.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll never buy anything else that does not have a removable battery. When the built-ins malfunction, your mod is gone. My iStick 50 lasted two weeks, shoulda just flushed that money down the toilet.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I'll never buy anything else that does not have a removable battery. When the built-ins malfunction, your mod is gone. My iStick 50 lasted two weeks, shoulda just flushed that money down the toilet.
You could of sent it in for a new one to their Cali service center if it was legit.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm inclined to agree. My IStick 50 is my only captive battery mod (aside from my old pen style units). Once you've invested in a good charger, and batteries, it's so much better to have replaceable cells. I seriously doubt I'll ever buy another captive battery device.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could of sent it in for a new one to their Cali service center if it was legit.
No can do, unfortunately. Bought it in the hardware thread - my bad. ;)

Dave C

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi there, thanks for the feedback I borrowed a mates istick 30 it worked fine just need more battery life as I chain Vape lol....

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My I stick 50 died after a few months.
I liked the idea of the captive battery too.
Turned out to be a pain in the ass. If you chain vape you might want to get a device that uses 18650's that you can swap out and keep on vaping.
There's a new istick 100 watt that uses replaceable 18650's.
Check vapor joe's to see it and it's quirky affordable.

Dave C

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My I stick 50 died after a few months.
I liked the idea of the captive battery too.
Turned out to be a pain in the ass. If you chain vape you might want to get a device that uses 18650's that you can swap out and keep on vaping.
There's a new istick 100 watt that uses replaceable 18650's.
Check vapor joe's to see it and it's quirky affordable.
Wow!!! 100 watt I mite check it out,
Thanks mate.

Dave C

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone, decided on the istick 50w as the 100 w isn't available in Australia yet thanks for all your input.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good For You, really. No Smokum Stinkys. 100 watts is something you will never need. I use .22 twin coils & never need more than 30 watts. Just hit my K Box with an Aero Atty. It's only at 20 watts. Makes Cirrus clouds.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the MVP 3.0 Pro, I personally prefer it over my iStick 50w
They are both awesome and perform equally as well.
I prefer the MVP because it feels like a more solid build IMHO.

Hey Dave C , I just bought my IPV3 mod with a good deal from csvape.com... I really like it because the wattage ranges between 10w-165w so you can start with 50w and then do more ...

VU Sponsors