Become a Patron!

istick mine cartidges. help please

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can someone please help me about the cartridges information. I have never bought one that you change coils in. I know nothing about them. I have always just bought the whole knew cartridge. Is there a way to clean the ones that you dont change coils in? I know absolutely nothing about cartridges and coils or anything associated with them. Please help me on if there is a way to clean the ones that dont have the changeable coils. It just stops pulling any vapes threw it. Help please

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I think what your talking about is a tank with pre-built coils, It would help us help you, if you told us what you have as far as a juice tank first.
Your Istick is the battery /mod unit that powers whatever tank you use on it.
Even if you posted a picture of what you had would help.:)
Welcome to VU:)

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Can someone please help me about the cartridges information. I have never bought one that you change coils in. I know nothing about them. I have always just bought the whole knew cartridge. Is there a way to clean the ones that you dont change coils in? I know absolutely nothing about cartridges and coils or anything associated with them. Please help me on if there is a way to clean the ones that dont have the changeable coils. It just stops pulling any vapes threw it. Help please
@Whiskey covered the most important thing, we need pictures or make/model to give better advice. That said, what wasn't answered is your question about cleaning non removable coils/tanks.

Before I got into changeable coil tanks, then rebuildables, the best way I found to clean the tanks/coils was to put them in a glass of PGA, or more commonly called Everclear and let them soak over night. In the morning I would either boil them or rinse them under really hot water to get the gunk out, then I would "dry burn" them or let them air dry. Sometimes this helped, and others it didn't, your mileage may vary.

Your best bet though would be to upgrade to a tank that has replaceable coils, it is cheaper and better in the long run.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Whiskey covered the most important thing, we need pictures or make/model to give better advice. That said, what wasn't answered is your question about cleaning non removable coils/tanks.

Before I got into changeable coil tanks, then rebuildables, the best way I found to clean the tanks/coils was to put them in a glass of PGA, or more commonly called Everclear and let them soak over night. In the morning I would either boil them or rinse them under really hot water to get the gunk out, then I would "dry burn" them or let them air dry. Sometimes this helped, and others it didn't, your mileage may vary.

Your best bet though would be to upgrade to a tank that has replaceable coils, it is cheaper and better in the long run.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you help me with finding a better cartridge then for the istick mini please?

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I think what your talking about is a tank with pre-built coils, It would help us help you, if you told us what you have as far as a juice tank first.
Your Istick is the battery /mod unit that powers whatever tank you use on it.
Even if you posted a picture of what you had would help.:)
Welcome to VU:)

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a couple different kinds but they have the built in coils i take it. you cant get to them. The last one the guy just gave me from the head shop, you fill it from the bottom which is different from the ones i had before. The ones before you unscrewed from the top but the bottom did not unscrew to get to the coils. This on that unscrews at the bottom but you still can not get to the coils. If i knew how to post pics i would. there is no name on this one. There was names on some of the other ones that didnt last but maybe two days and lucky a week.

zepp21

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Get a tank with changeable coils. It'll save you time in the long run. You could also find a legitimate vape shop close by (I'm sure someone on here could recommend one based on your location.). You'll see increased vapor production and flavor with a better tank IMO.

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok. Here's a simpler way to put it. You have an "IStick Mini". That's what we call a battery mod. It doesn't really take "cartridges" but you use Tanks and "drippers". Let's start here with tanks. That's what is being mentioned here. A tank holds your e-juice while you vape (duh). Tanks now-a-days have replaceable coils. Its a small encasing that screws inside the tank. Coils can last weeks. The types you first described are pretty much going the way of the VCR and pagers you can say. For an iStick Mini you are going to want a tank with coils "that are higher than around 1.2 ohms". To use this vape set up, all you really do is fill the tank with e-juice. The coils you change on average every couple of weeks-usually when the flavor is "burnt" most of the time.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Can you help me with finding a better cartridge then for the istick mini please?
There are a lot of different options out there that are better. My favorites when I used tanks like that were the Kanger Protanks. I would recommend that you go to a vape shop and look at the Kanger Protank 3, Kanger Aerotank, Aspire Nautilus, or the mini version of any of those. Any one of them will be far better than what you currently are using, and the coils are pretty cheap and very available. You could also look at the Kanger Subtank, but make sure you get the 1.2 ohm coils to start with, I don't think you need the .5 ohm coils yet.

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are a lot of different options out there that are better. My favorites when I used tanks like that were the Kanger Protanks. I would recommend that you go to a vape shop and look at the Kanger Protank 3, Kanger Aerotank, Aspire Nautilus, or the mini version of any of those. Any one of them will be far better than what you currently are using, and the coils are pretty cheap and very available. You could also look at the Kanger Subtank, but make sure you get the 1.2 ohm coils to start with, I don't think you need the .5 ohm coils yet.

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will check them out. thanks. What is the difference with the 1.2 and .5 ohm coils?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will check them out. thanks. What is the difference with the 1.2 and .5 ohm coils?

The difference is the resistance....a .5 ohm coil head has a much lower resistance...needs to be ran at a much higher wattage and will produce more vapor than it's 1.2 ohm counterpart which needs to be run at a lower wattage or it will burn too hot and give off a nasty vape. Those coils come with recommended wattages branded on them to help you out. But if all you have is an Istick mini than you don't have a device powerful enough to run a ,5 ohm coil to begin with.

Some of the tanks my buddy @DevAuto listed up there, one of them is the same tank I was recommending to you in your other thread. The subtanks are excellent tanks and again, their coils last a couple weeks each, and replacement coils are cheaper than disposable tanks, but to really enjoy a subtank you need a device that can push 15-30 watts and the mini on pushes 10 watts :)

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
@jerri if you can afford to buy 2 tanks, I would recommend you get one Kanger, and one Aspire. They are both pretty comparable, but some folks like one over the other, and there is no real way to know which one you will like without trying them for a bit. I personally prefer the Kanger tanks over the Aspire tanks, but that is because I had better luck with them. I didn't have nearly as many problems with Kangers, and my juice seemed to taste better. My experiences may be different than yours, vaping is really very personal and individual. What works for me, may not work for you. I do however, strongly recommend that you start with either a Kanger or an Aspire (or both), they are the 2 biggest names in tanks, so replacement coils and parts are more readily available.

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You honestly don't need a sub-ohm tank. Get something like an Aspire Nautilus or a Beyond Vape Silo (they both use the same coils). You don't have to worry about .5 this and sub ohm that for now. They will run on your iStick Mini no prob (I've used the iStick Mini / silo combo myself).

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You honestly don't need a sub-ohm tank. Get something like an Aspire Nautilus or a Beyond Vape Silo (they both use the same coils). You don't have to worry about .5 this and sub ohm that for now. They will run on your iStick Mini no prob (I've used the iStick Mini / silo combo myself).

I agree with @IX of XIII and honestly from our conversations back and forth I still think a Nautilus Mini will make you very happy in the long run...btw...that and if we can figure out what tank you so we can see if we can get you replacement coils for it so you have that as a back for it.

Vaping has an initial setup cost when you decide to get into it past disposables but it doesn't have to cost a lot in the long run. The original reason a lot of us got into rebuilding and making our own e-liquid was to keep the cost of it down...it was just a bonus that rebuilding gives us better vapes and DIY juice can taste just as awesome as top shelf store bought once you get the hang of a few good recipes....we will get you taken care of. Buying disposable tanks over and over again adds up over time just like pack after pack of stinky sticks does...it just is more subtle so you don't notice it as fast. We all knew smoking and dipping cost us a fortune but when you buy one pack or even a carton at a time you only see that bit of money and not the lifetime total. That's why I keep a counter for my signature....I like knowing how much money I have spent on vaping as it's my main hobby :D

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The tank I am using is a smok. What coils do I get to refill these? And is the best for a cheap price for a mini Istick?

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with @IX of XIII and honestly from our conversations back and forth I still think a Nautilus Mini will make you very happy in the long run...btw...that and if we can figure out what tank you so we can see if we can get you replacement coils for it so you have that as a back for it.

Vaping has an initial setup cost when you decide to get into it past disposables but it doesn't have to cost a lot in the long run. The original reason a lot of us got into rebuilding and making our own e-liquid was to keep the cost of it down...it was just a bonus that rebuilding gives us better vapes and DIY juice can taste just as awesome as top shelf store bought once you get the hang of a few good recipes....we will get you taken care of. Buying disposable tanks over and over again adds up over time just like pack after pack of stinky sticks does...it just is more subtle so you don't notice it as fast. We all knew smoking and dipping cost us a fortune but when you buy one pack or even a carton at a time you only see that bit of money and not the lifetime total. That's why I keep a counter for my signature....I like knowing how much money I have spent on vaping as it's my main hobby :D
I am using a smok tank. Is this the best tank for the cheap price and what coils do u use to replace them? I am using a mini istick.

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am using a smok tank for my mini istck. Is this a good tank for the price? What coils do I buy for this tank?

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

jerri

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am using a smok tank for my mini istick now. Is it not as good as the ones you mentioned above? Will you post links for the ones you was talking about too. I am not finding them under the site of mini isticks. I bought it at a local store. If its a good one, what coils do I use to replace, do u replace coils on these? I dont have shit for money, thats why I couldnt afford smokes so I had to quit so I was sooo happy they came out with these. Im not big on smoke clouds. I just want enough nicotine so I dont want a smoke. Less clouds is better for me. Help please. And links would be awesome!

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK let's walk you thru this. Again, The vape device comes in two main parts. The battery mod (the box part) and the tank (what you fill with liquid) you won't find tanks or coils looking for "istick mini". Search for "smok tanks" and look for the EXACT tank you have. Smok make a couple of different tanks and they all do NOT take the same coils. They make the TFV4, TFV4 Mini, TCT, VCT (I think) as well as a few others.

Sent from my oversized Samsung

Last edited:

VU Sponsors