iStick Pico -"Atomizer short"-no short.

Discussion in 'Regulated (Voltage / Wattage / 3.7v/ Temp Control)' started by conanthewarrior, Jun 12, 2018.

1. conanthewarrior

conanthewarrior Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hi everyone, I hope you are all OK.

I decided to use my Pico as it hasn't got much love lately, and it was fine at first. Now it will display "atomiser short", until I unscrew it, fire so it says `"No atomiser" then screw it back on. Sometimes this will fix it, other times it won't.

I know there is no short as I checked over the RDA and build, and also it isn't throwing up this error message on any other mod.

It's with a Derringer RDA. I really like the Pico as its my smallest mod, and paired with a low power, flavour set up is a great little device.

Any ideas on a fix for this, or is it time to trash the Pico and get a new one?

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  2. Mykreign

Mykreign Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Sounds like a short in the mods 510. Is it spring loaded? spring may have snapped or could be something is misaligned.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  3. PoppaVic

PoppaVic Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    yeah, Pico's are spring-loaded. Given the prices on old Pico's, give it a good cleaning with ethanol/isopropyl, poke it some and give it a good whack - it may free up or it may die - but that's all you can do.

4. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Have you tried a different tank mate? Could be a thread length issue

5. LarryPer123

LarryPer123 Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Mine does the same thing sometimes, don’t know why, but sometime you have to marry the tank with the mod, so just try another one