Become a Patron!

Istick pico what mode to use?

Mclayno

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im planning to buy the istick pico 75w. In our city theres not much available of coils to choose. Im buying premade 24gauge a1 kanthal coils 0.5ohms each.

What mode do i use and what wattage? I have the cigreen dragon rda planning to put a dual coil.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im planning to buy the istick pico 75w. In our city theres not much available of coils to choose. Im buying premade 24gauge a1 kanthal coils 0.5ohms each.

What mode do i use and what wattage? I have the cigreen dragon rda planning to put a dual coil.
For kanthal coils just use power mod. For dual coils your ohms should be .25 ohms. Start at 30 ish and go up from there until you get the vape you want.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With Kanthal VW or Bypass only... the pico will do nichrome in TCR mode... barely.... it's pretty good with SS in all modes and Ni or Ti in TC or TCR only.

Also there is upgradable software ArcticFox which will give even more functionality.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With new builds I always start with the lowest wattage that produces steam then work up from there..... I always start in VW mode for Kanthal Nichrome or SS..... then if I am going to use TC I set the TC wattage about 10% HIGHER than used on VW... starting temp again the lowest. Depending on hoe TC is acting I may also adjust the watts further nut the 10% has worked for me so far....

With pico firmware I like to set preheat to 150% for .5 seconds

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Mclayno

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks you so much for all your reply now i have an idea on what to do. :)

VU Sponsors