Become a Patron!

Istick Pico

Hi im new to this and got my device two days ago. Im using the extra coil that came with the kit i think its the 0.5. my device is always set to 30w on 0.5ohm and 3.4 volts. At times the tank gets really hot. My liquids are 0ml nicotine. Can anybody tell me if theres anything to worry about with the tank area getting hot. Ive got the melo 3 tank.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure what tank you are using, but maybe want to lower the wattage a little. That should help with the tank getting hot.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I cant remember if those coils have the recommended wattage on them, and that tank is at home. How ever I do know 30w should be no problem. Check your air flow. I am sure you will get it figured out before I get home tonight. If not I will check mine.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm sure it will get warm, if you are chain vaping.

Besides, the Melo is a MTL tank, so you lack a lot of airflow to cool off the coils with it. I don't think their is anything to worry about.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd never call my Melo III a MTL tank but yes any tank will get warm I wouldn't say hot though. Do you have the air flow opened up, that will keep the coil cooler. You got a coil at a few hundred degrees and the heat has to go some place. Try the Aspire EVO clapton's for the best flavor and clouds in my opinion.

Welcome to the VU.

EDIT: Just noticed how old this thread is.

Last edited:

Jokehboy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got the istick with mello mini tank and put ibreathe medium tobacco in it and it keeps coming out airflow control vent I used the o.3 coil that came with it and I believe I broke it thinking there was a seal damaged now I am using the 0.5 coil and it's still leaking can anybody ideas am I using wrong liquid it was all I could get

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just got the istick with mello mini tank and put ibreathe medium tobacco in it and it keeps coming out airflow control vent I used the o.3 coil that came with it and I believe I broke it thinking there was a seal damaged now I am using the 0.5 coil and it's still leaking can anybody ideas am I using wrong liquid it was all I could get
Make sure the top is tight. When mine came it was screwed together so tight that there is a groove pressed into the top seal. I needed to tighten the top a lot at first to keep it from leaking. After a short while it got better and no leaks but I still make sure it's nice and tight.

Jokehboy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for that will give it a try I've not been looking at the top seal it was needing tightened embarrassing!!

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just got the istick with mello mini tank and put ibreathe medium tobacco in it and it keeps coming out airflow control vent I used the o.3 coil that came with it and I believe I broke it thinking there was a seal damaged now I am using the 0.5 coil and it's still leaking can anybody ideas am I using wrong liquid it was all

Look at the base of the coil where the threads are there should be a small rubber o ring to seal the coil to the tank

Jokehboy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks I've been reading about this all day I only bought yesterday because I wanted to get a bit more serious about the vaping my head is actually sore firstly I spent hours trying to get a decent starter mod and now trying to fix the leak issue

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi im new to this and got my device two days ago. Im using the extra coil that came with the kit i think its the 0.5. my device is always set to 30w on 0.5ohm and 3.4 volts. At times the tank gets really hot. My liquids are 0ml nicotine. Can anybody tell me if theres anything to worry about with the tank area getting hot. Ive got the melo 3 tank.
I had one and 30 watts is fine on either coil that comes with the tank...like others have said above, open the air flow, and your prob, chain Vaping will heat it up..

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Actually the numbers you provided don't add up... .5 ohms, 3.4 volts =23 watts. / and .3 ohm, 3.4 volts =38 watts
So the numbers you posted are wrong or the mod is reading something wrong....

Jokehboy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Actually the numbers you provided don't add up... .5 ohms, 3.4 volts =23 watts. / and .3 ohm, 3.4 volts =38 watts
So the numbers you posted are wrong or the mod is reading something wrong....
I think your replying to the wrong person

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The melo tanks are very good tanks and most people say they use the eleaf brand because they consider them being the best coils. I build my own so I'm not sure but I have used them without any problems.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think your replying to the wrong person
I think he's replying to the OP but there both wrong thinking Ohm's law directly applies to a regulated mod. It doesn't.
I gotta run but good luck sorting things out and happy vaping.

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_0124.JPG
I think he's replying to the OP but there both wrong thinking Ohm's law directly applies to a regulated mod. It doesn't.
I gotta run but good luck sorting things out and happy vaping.
Ohms law does apply... and this is my point.. .5 ohms at 30 watts does not equal 3.4 volts like he posted... it is 3.87 on any of my 3 Picos and other of my mods and on a ohms/volts/watts calculator..... not gonna argue about it. The tank on this mod is a melo 3.

Jokehboy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't believe it after all this hassle turns out that the seal on lid pre-installed was in the wrong way!! Happy days!!

Jokehboy

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Make sure the top is tight. When mine came it was screwed together so tight that there is a groove pressed into the top seal. I needed to tighten the top a lot at first to keep it from leaking. After a short while it got better and no leaks but I still make sure it's nice and tight.
The seal was installed wrong unbelievable

VU Sponsors