Become a Patron!

iStick Power temperature controling

Hello,

i have iStick Power 80W mod with Aspire Cleito (base 0.2ohm (55-70w)) and I smoke on 60W but it hurts my mouth because of too, imo, hot steam. However, I saw that my mod has temperature controling menu which, I think, lets me set up max temperature and switch modes like Ti, Ni, SS (i have no idea what is is). So, I want to know how to properly set up that settings for my Aspire Cleito tank? Thanks.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hello,

i have iStick Power 80W mod with Aspire Cleito (base 0.2ohm (55-70w)) and I smoke on 60W but it hurts my mouth because of too, imo, hot steam. However, I saw that my mod has temperature controling menu which, I think, lets me set up max temperature and switch modes like Ti, Ni, SS (i have no idea what is is). So, I want to know how to properly set up that settings for my Aspire Cleito tank? Thanks.
TC or Temperature mode can only be used with SS(Stainless Steel), Ti (Titanium) or Ni (Nickle) coils. The .2ohm coil you have in now is neither of those. Your only option with the .2ohm coil is to lower your wattage and work your way up until you achieve a desired vape to your liking.

You should have a coil that says SS316L / .4, that coil you can use in SS Temperature mode. You can also use SS coils in regular wattage mode.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
maybe your wattage is to high or air flow to closed? I think hot steam would not be an "in your opinion" thing. Like OW my lips are melting.. it is hot. :)
Try lowering the watts a bit, that will help to start with. Remember, just because you have 80 watts, doesn't mean you have to use 80 watts. My tank runs quite nicely around 30-35 on a 200w box. Airflow helps cool the vape as well.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep, I usually only run at 35-40 watts with normal kanthal coils. If I am running parallels or fused claptons, thats when I am at 70 watts and above. Are you getting a burnt taste at all?

VU Sponsors