Become a Patron!

isticks

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No they are not:) (meaning Battery can't be replaced)
You can use a rebuildable atomizer on them though.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I guess technically, you could replace the batteries, but you'd need to find out the specs of them (assuming they are a pair of 18650 shrink wrapped together), and would need solder tab batteries to replace them. Not something I would advise doing if you're not working with small electronic devices.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I replaced one with an aftermarket samsung batter a little while back. I would not recommend doing it, as its a 15/10 on a difficulty scale.

I do repair the buttons on these...I will either desolder the button from the board, or i will take apart the button like here...

photo%2017_zps7uyivfkv.jpg

Just wait till i get an istick in this ninendo controller, :) However Its infinitely easier with a dna 30

C7F60E78-242E-4FFD-AD98-A567C8D09B15-8445-000002EA0DE4ADE1_zps9olseoyi.jpg

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like kwtony said, it might be more of a hassle to try and replace the batteries yourself.
Unless you are mechanically inclined, tear it apart and check it out for yourself. Just use care and try not to manhandle it too much as you pull the innards out.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was soldering batteries together when I was 13 for my RC car collection. I would take Radio shack batteries (when their 3000 mah packs were hot shit) and would split them in a 3x 3 vs the standard 2x4 configuration for my custom build indoor carpet cars to help with the balancing. I would even soldering in an extra cell in some cases and would hide them off to the side, Those little things would zoom by at 60-70mph without breaking a sweat. Miss that stuff.

Im known as Kwtony in many places, but in the island of Key West(get it kw) most people know me as Iphone Tony....I made a living off of repairing water damaged iphones down here, amongst 10,000 other things...
B8764C6B-D060-4BE1-9BFB-0D4292F35CB8-8445-0000030BAA38A0E8_zps29fi47la.jpg

I had to magnify those surface mount resistor 3 times in order to get a photo of them. I may wear a loop sometimes when I work, but usually I prefer to work freehand and without magnification, those components came from an iphone 5.

VU Sponsors