Become a Patron!

It works for me!

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found some new plyers at a local fly fishing shop. $20
943d0a70a306b0555eda9fb98f230d5b.jpg

They're perfect size and strength for coil winding and lots of other uses. Squeez em and they will lock down and hold tight with 2 clicks squeeze a little more and they release. Now when im winding more complex builds that require constant tension its simple! Put the wire in the vise, clamp this on the end and wrap away. No need to use my thumb anymore to hold the coil while i reposition the plyers! Just let this little baby spin on my hand while i work around the mandrel. They can clamp really TIGHT. Try it youll love it too

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looks like a fresh take on hemostats; I have a pair of those that I use for various vape maintenance -- holding the wire while I flame it, pulling the wires off from around the screws when I remove an old coil... quite a few uses for a tool like this.

Andria

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like a fresh take on hemostats; I have a pair of those that I use for various vape maintenance -- holding the wire while I flame it, pulling the wires off from around the screws when I remove an old coil... quite a few uses for a tool like this.

Andria
Yup burly hemostats. Btw they clip too!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah I was a flyfisherman long before I was a vaper...I've raided my fly tying kit for vaping...there's a winding tool to wrap thread around flies that works perfect for making twisted wire.

VU Sponsors