Become a Patron!

Itaste svd replacement

My svd went bottoms up will not fire or even show anything on the display anymore even with fresh batteries and cleaned connections. So I looking for ideas on what to replace it with. I do like the vv/vw features with a tube style. I've looked at the vamo 3 but I'm worried about the same problems I had with the svd on the firing button problem.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First, I'm a huge fan of the SVD, other than the issue with their firing buttons. :(

Second, I'm not a fangirl of what I'm about to mention, and I'm disappointed it's not VW, just VV, but I bought a used ProVari Mini on ECF for a reasonable price, and, as they say, it "Just Works".

I've also found, personally, that I can pump the voltage up a bit compared to with my SVD and not get a burnt taste, and OMG, the flavor!

The two mods use the same signal type, but the PWM on the ProVari is WAY higher frequency. I don't know if you've noticed on your SVD, but sometimes they buzz, or have a high-pitched hum when you're pressing the firing button. You don't get that with the ProVari.

ProVaris aren't as easy to carry around as SVDs are, so my hand gets a bit tired if I'm on a walk. Because of the telescoping tube, the SVD just rested in my loosely-held hand. I actually need to grip my ProVari to keep it from sliding out of my hand.

The new ProVari P3 is going to be VW, but it's also going to be close to $300, from what I've heard. As I said, I bought my 2.5 Mini on ECF for what I consider to be a great price, all things considered, including that I've already spent as much as I spent on it and more for three different SVDs. I'm not afraid that the ProVari will go belly-up.

Take that for what it's worth.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Do you want another tube mod or are you willing to consider a box mod?

And what kind of price range are you looking at?

Do you want another tube mod or are you willing to consider a box mod?

And what kind of price range are you looking at?
I would like to stick with a tube mod but I'm all ears on anything right now I'm back to using my evod tank and battery. Price range about a hundred would be my highest wirh out the powers to be gettin pissed off at me.

I have acquired a lot of mods but some of my favorites are still the Vamo's. I still use V2, V3, V4, and V5's regularly. Just ordered the new V6 and the new 35 watt from Fasttech. So far for me they have been great

guppstatus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I say Hana clone from MBV vw, onboard charging, and 6 month warranty, had mine for a week, and no complaints at all. I know you said you like tubes, but this ones been doing it for me.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First, I'm a huge fan of the SVD, other than the issue with their firing buttons. :(

Second, I'm not a fangirl of what I'm about to mention, and I'm disappointed it's not VW, just VV, but I bought a used ProVari Mini on ECF for a reasonable price, and, as they say, it "Just Works".

I've also found, personally, that I can pump the voltage up a bit compared to with my SVD and not get a burnt taste, and OMG, the flavor!

The two mods use the same signal type, but the PWM on the ProVari is WAY higher frequency. I don't know if you've noticed on your SVD, but sometimes they buzz, or have a high-pitched hum when you're pressing the firing button. You don't get that with the ProVari.

ProVaris aren't as easy to carry around as SVDs are, so my hand gets a bit tired if I'm on a walk. Because of the telescoping tube, the SVD just rested in my loosely-held hand. I actually need to grip my ProVari to keep it from sliding out of my hand.

The new ProVari P3 is going to be VW, but it's also going to be close to $300, from what I've heard. As I said, I bought my 2.5 Mini on ECF for what I consider to be a great price, all things considered, including that I've already spent as much as I spent on it and more for three different SVDs. I'm not afraid that the ProVari will go belly-up.

Take that for what it's worth.

Second this. Even a used provari will still beat out a brand new SVD or Vamo any day of the week.. You can probably get a used provari for like 120-130$ depending on what kind.. it would be worth it - never will have to worry about firing issues or any other issues for that matter.. Or spend the extra 70$ and get a brand new one.. you won't be disappointed.. I spent way too much money on mods that quit working after 6 mo's... the moment I got the provari - I never had to worry again.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
how about ileafs, i stick...kinda tuby, kinda boxy, 20 watts...and in your budget

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sigelei 20w or 30w are pretty cool... I got the 20w with a 26650 tube on it...

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went through two SVDs and countless Ego Twist-style batteries before i finally gave up on life and went full-on mech mod. Haven't looked back since. So much simpler, and no more worrying about shoddy Chinese electronics.

VU Sponsors