Become a Patron!

iTaste VTR and an Aerotank voltage question

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had googled my problem before I posted here - as Google didn't help. As you may or may not know. I have an iTaste VTR with an Aerotank. Now, I keep getting burnt hits. I tried lowering the voltage to 5 (the max is 6) and it helped a bit, I got a burnt hit less. Then, I figured, what the hell. I lowered it to 4.5 and it's fine. The wattage is on 13 now. What's the highest the both can go without get a burnt hit?

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there Creeper - I think you solved your own problem. 4.5 on an Aerotank is as about as high as I've ever gone successfully. You need to understand that at these power levels you describe you're burning off juice faster than the coil can wick it, hence the taste. In my experience anything over 12-13W is reserved for RDAs (rebuildable drippers) and RTAs (rebuildable tanks). Airflow and wicking is key. That's why Kanger and Aspire came out with the SubTank and Nautilus. Super airy tanks thank have huge wick "holes". They are doing their best (pretty well mind you) to simulate the airflow and taste of a manually coiled RDA with off-the-shelf parts.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey there Creeper - I think you solved your own problem. 4.5 on an Aerotank is as about as high as I've ever gone successfully. You need to understand that at these power levels you describe you're burning off juice faster than the coil can wick it, hence the taste. In my experience anything over 12-13W is reserved for RDAs (rebuildable drippers) and RTAs (rebuildable tanks). Airflow and wicking is key. That's why Kanger and Aspire came out with the SubTank and Nautilus. Super airy tanks thank have huge wick "holes". They are doing their best (pretty well mind you) to simulate the airflow and taste of a manually coiled RDA with off-the-shelf parts.
So I guess I have. Huh! I just wanted a second opinion I guess.

VU Sponsors