Become a Patron!

It's been enough time to share my horror story

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't like the Air Bag Bombs or ABS Brakes. I can stop a car on Ice without ABS but with it I have bounced off a wall.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i only vape mechs now. i always enjoyed a mech more than regulated... went regulated for a while when more of the powerful mods started coming out, decided to go back to unregulated again.
if you dont understand it fuckoff you dont need to.
pisses me off when douchbag vapers hate on mech mods and demonize them because some idiots insist on using them without any common sense in doing so.
glad youre ok but you did some stupid ass shit, learn from it, move on, dont blame the equipment for your stupidity.
and people need to stop making it seem like we need the government fucking us. wtf is that about.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Different strokes for different folks..... I've never played with a mech mod, but I do see how a nice small brass tube holding a 26650 battery and creating that amount of power coming out of a 28.5mm rda can be addictive..... I have seen brutally and beautiful brass mods that make me want to buy them..... I just started with a provari and never went back. Now I'm realizing how enjoyable a DNA200 can be .... And I have owned and built many boxes..... But if you enjoy a strong Vape from your favorite mechanical mod, more power to you !!!!!!!

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

I'm certainly glad you are OK but as bad as your accident was I can NOT begin to wrap my brain around the fact "none of my computer workers wanted to pick me up." You had to walk 6 miles because you obviously work with A Number 1 World Class A$$Holes. To me that is worse than your accident. I hope I am completely reading that part wrong. Have s great 4th and PEACE OUT

I'm guessing hybrid connection. Noisy Cricket? SMPL?

Just my luck...those are the exact and only 2 mech mods I own and I'm going to do some serious research on them right now. The Noisy Cricket is a freaking MONSTER when it comes to power. I have a couple Reuleaux RX200s and even though they are my favorites I don't think they come close to my Cricket in terms of Instant heat. PEACE OUT

Zipslack

Member For 4 Years
Get one of the Cricket upgrade kits if you're worried.

Just my luck...those are the exact and only 2 mech mods I own and I'm going to do some serious research on them right now. The Noisy Cricket is a freaking MONSTER when it comes to power. I have a couple Reuleaux RX200s and even though they are my favorites I don't think they come close to my Cricket in terms of Instant heat. PEACE OUT

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The noicy cricket is powerful and with top batteries ....uh uh......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Those devices are fine if the 510 pin protrudes past the 510 casing a significant amount. The tank used in the OP probably did not protrude.
Persosally i wont even use spring loaded pins or adjustable pins because they have that little bit of a posibility that they will recess into the 510 and your shit goes kaboom.
e6f852fb91b67b863e7eb48d8bc1de8d.jpg

You can see this dotmod petri that im using today reallu doesnt have a huge 510 pin sticking out but it is just enough that it will make contact and noy fuxk up your face.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So one day at work I was setting up a mech mod for my boss and didn't have a spare RDA with me. I thought "aha" I have one in my car, I went out to my car. Screwed on the TANK and proceeded to fire it to see if it was working group properly. About a half second went by and I thought. Good lord I've made a mistake but before I could drop it I made myself a pipe bomb and it went off in my hand. The tank was an Atlantis and that decided to shoot directly into my eyebrow (I'm lucky I stI'll have two eyes to be honest) the rest of the mod basically had peeled apart and completely destroyed me. 6 hours later and 10 stitches I had to walk home (still drugged) 6 miles because none of my computer workers wanted to pick me up.
Moral of the story, double or even triple check each setup before you fire people. It's easy to get Gung ho about a a new build or RDA etc but be safe

Glad to hear you only walked away with some stitches! A mod is like a gun, make sure the thing is unloaded and pointed away from you before you pull the trigger! Especially a mech mod!

Fuerii

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With all the new cars coming out with self stopping and parking and other "safety" features that basically takes awareness and competence from the driver,
WHO is to blame if the auto features fail?
Is the car at fault or the driver? Will insurance companies blame the driver or the automaker? And if someone gets hurt or killed because the auto breaking features fail, who gets sued or thrown in jail, the driver or the manufacturer.

What happens when a driver that gets used to not having to pay attention gets in a car that does not drive and think for you and gets in a wreck because they assumed they dont have to pay attention?

What bothers me is this. Imagine a situation where you are about to hit a pedestrian at fatal speeds, the only way to avoid the collision would involve swerving into an immovable object that would likely kill the driver. How does the computer decide which life to save? What if there are children in the car? What if there's two pedestrians? I don't know the answers, but these questions have always bothered me. Somewhere in the code they will have to program in these choices for a fully automated vehicle, and I worry about how that will look.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What bothers me is this. Imagine a situation where you are about to hit a pedestrian at fatal speeds, the only way to avoid the collision would involve swerving into an immovable object that would likely kill the driver. How does the computer decide which life to save? What if there are children in the car? What if there's two pedestrians? I don't know the answers, but these questions have always bothered me. Somewhere in the code they will have to program in these choices for a fully automated vehicle, and I worry about how that will look.

Did you see the movie, i Robot? kinda what the character Will Smith went through. He was in an accident where both cars involved went off a bridge.
A robot decided which human was more likely to be save-able by determining all the factors. The robot had to decide between him or a little girl. Will Smiths character could not live with that decision because "he" as a human would have chosen the child as would most emotionally human decisions would have been.

That was a futuristic film and he was saved and lost an arm and had extensive bodily damage which in this day would have meant being severely handicapped. Most would have rather not lived and hated that the child died. Of course he was rebuilt and had cyber parts.

I was talking to a buddy about this situation and he remembers reading that an accident has already happened where the cars sensors did not take into account a big rig at night. It did not stop as the shape it was programmed to react to was not clear. Who is at fault?

What if there is a fog situation, and what about that time of day that after noon glare occurs? We all have found ourselves driving home from work and that certain time span that it is impossible to see ahead of you because of the sun setting.

He also told me that his sister bought a 2014 BMW and the cruise control has a feature that if it senses something ahead it slows down. She got the scare of her life when she did what she usually does when she is speeding along with the cruise control on. She decided to change lanes to stay ahead of the slower car in front and almost caused an accident because as she started to change lanes the car slowed enough to make the car on her right have to slam the breaks on because she was not going as fast as she had calculated.

I dont know, I guess for some people it might be better to let them get a car with a brain since they dont have any.

VU Sponsors