Become a Patron!

It's like rediscovering all food

TahKay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The benefits of switching from cigarettes just keep becoming more and more evident. About a week without cigarettes and my senses are getting more and more keen. One problem though is that I work in healthcare and have for five years and while doing care on a resident, let's just say the odor almost made me puke. But there are so many more benefits. My favorite one so far is being able to taste. I'm sure it varies for everyone but I'm shocked at the difference. Every time I eat something now, I can taste individual flavors, spices actual make a difference. It's not like a mass of bland I'm chewing on. Even the cheapest foods have depth. Might not be a big deal but I'm ecstatic about it.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The benefits of switching from cigarettes just keep becoming more and more evident. About a week without cigarettes and my senses are getting more and more keen. One problem though is that I work in healthcare and have for five years and while doing care on a resident, let's just say the odor almost made me puke. But there are so many more benefits. My favorite one so far is being able to taste. I'm sure it varies for everyone but I'm shocked at the difference. Every time I eat something now, I can taste individual flavors, spices actual make a difference. It's not like a mass of bland I'm chewing on. Even the cheapest foods have depth. Might not be a big deal but I'm ecstatic about it.
It is amazing what you can smell and taste when you quit smoking. I actually find the smell of cigs nauseating now. And the flavors of all the capes are great and not coughing my brains out everyday from smoking is great now too

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My sense of smell is VERY acute, I had to use smoking and snuff to deaden it or I would have been puking or gagging.
People stink, some way more than others and some are walking toxic clouds of filth and shitty body spray. What is worse is when you can chew on someone else's funk.

I notice salt, when something is overly salty, also different oils used for cooking. Canola and soy based stuff makes me 100% ill, even smelling it like around fast food places churns my guts.

Reactions: Fad

TahKay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, my smell was pretty acute while smoking. I got used to all the scents I would have to deal with in that intensity. Now I notice more. Shitty cologne is the worst, it's like concentrated cleaning products.

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had a glass of orange juice a couple months after I quit. Holy crap it was awesome. I drank it all the time for a month.

VU Sponsors