Become a Patron!

It's not really a question...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I had a nickle for every time I quit I could buy one really nice MOD! I am not sure how long I was a dual user while "Cutting Down" it was probably close to 3 years. But right now I could stop vaping and not have withdrawals because I have done it to prove it to someone that I do not need it like when I was a smoker.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I had a nickle for every time I quit I could buy one really nice MOD! I am not sure how long I was a dual user while "Cutting Down" it was probably close to 3 years. But right now I could stop vaping and not have withdrawals because I have done it to prove it to someone that I do not need it like when I was a smoker.

I doubt I could do that, now or ever -- when you start smoking at 13, it becomes part of who you are; partly the chemicals, yes, but mostly just the behavior. Yet it only took me about a month, both times I switched over from smoking/dual-using, to vape-only. Coming back from the relapse took some effort, and WTA, but the first time, I was just flat amazed by how easy it was, just playing my little game of "How many cigarettes can I replace with vaping?"

Andria

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I try to not go over my old smoking habit spending limit. There is no excuse to not vape. They have great mods that are cheap/ for instance RX200S RX 2/3 45 bucks and you get 200 watts. Smok makes great mods, cheap, also SIgelei. Kanger, I won't buy their mods anymore. You need to use their tanks on their mods, or you will hate their products. Good luck hope you don't smoke! I miss analogs allot but Im getting older and need to take better care of myself. as does the rest of us old smokers.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I was smoking at around 12-13 also but it was in the teens when I was truly a smoker at a pack a day or so. There was a time I was 2 PAD or more smoker but those were never smoked all the way down like before I quit.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
My 2 year anniversary is this month. 2 years of being smoke free and enjoying vaping.
Congrats to you on your 2 year Anniversary coming up this month! Vaping is the only thing that I've tried that kept me from those nasty cigarettes!
I an so glad that I didn't listen to all the bad press and doubting family members!
Hope you are enjoying the Labor Day holiday!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you to all who wished me Congratulations but it was vaping that helped me get past the withdrawals and it was sheer willpower to decide to quit. I could not have done it unless I decided it was time! Finally!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Isn't it a great feeling? That really is the real beauty of vaping; it not only makes quitting MUCH easier than anything else EVER, but even helps to KEEP you off coffin nails -- I think we all probably swore many times, that's it, I'm done, and next thing you know, we're puffing smoke again. :facepalm: This is a complete and total miracle of unimaginable proportions.

fuck off, FDA, CDC, WHO, Stanton GlANTZ, and every other imbecile with some trash to talk about vaping. Don't need 'em, don't want 'em, don't care what they think -- I KNOW what I KNOW.

Andria
I quit cold turkey a few years ago and a year later went back to cigarettes! Tried patches and gum too, nothing has helped me stay cigarette free as well as ecigs have! I can even be standing with smokers and still have no urge to smoke- it smells so disgusting to me! My eliquids taste and smell so much better!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thank you to all who wished me Congratulations but it was vaping that helped me get past the withdrawals and it was sheer willpower to decide to quit. I could not have done it unless I decided it was time! Finally!
Yes Steve it sure does take will power- I see people giving up vaping too quick, thinking this is like a magic wand and you will never smoke again once you try vaping. That make work that way on some people, but I struggled against wanting an AM cig for months- I just chain vaped and bit by bit I lost the urge, no way was I giving in!
But I too was so done with cigarettes! If you are not 100% on board with quitting- vaping will not stop that urge, it may help you cut back, but you need to tell yourself- No More cigarettes and vaping helped give me some strength to keep smoke free!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I try to not go over my old smoking habit spending limit. There is no excuse to not vape. They have great mods that are cheap/ for instance RX200S RX 2/3 45 bucks and you get 200 watts. Smok makes great mods, cheap, also SIgelei. Kanger, I won't buy their mods anymore. You need to use their tanks on their mods, or you will hate their products. Good luck hope you don't smoke! I miss analogs allot but Im getting older and need to take better care of myself. as does the rest of us old smokers.
Exactly Josh- These mods and tanks have gotten so much better in the last year and the prices are really low too! Just such a waste of money and health with cigarettes! At least I have my mods and tanks to show for the money I've spent, and I still use many of them too.
What do you have to show for all the years of buying and smoking cigarettes?- A big ole garbage can full of smelly stinky dirty butts! I hate wasting money- and nothing worse than smoking to waste your money!
I do love my Sigelei mini book and the X tank, I also love my Kanger Nebox too- everybody has their likes and dislikes, that's why there are so many mods and tanks out there!
But you are so right- I can't think of one reason to keep smoking! People give in too easy- before ecigs came along we only had cold turkey, patches, pills and gum and none of them worked for me! Even with ecigs I needed will power- but I stayed strong and kicked cigarettes out of my life-

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exactly Josh- These mods and tanks have gotten so much better in the last year and the prices are really low too! Just such a waste of money and health with cigarettes! At least I have my mods and tanks to show for the money I've spent, and I still use many of them too.
What do you have to show for all the years of buying and smoking cigarettes?- A big ole garbage can full of smelly stinky dirty butts! I hate wasting money- and nothing worse than smoking to waste your money!
I do love my Sigelei mini book and the X tank, I also love my Kanger Nebox too- everybody has their likes and dislikes, that's why there are so many mods and tanks out there!
But you are so right- I can't think of one reason to keep smoking! People give in too easy- before ecigs came along we only had cold turkey, patches, pills and gum and none of them worked for me! Even with ecigs I needed will power- but I stayed strong and kicked cigarettes out of my life-

Exactly!!!!

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I started smoking the summer of 1969 and continued to smoke cigarettes until October of 2015 after I had my second stroke. (yes I was addicted!!)

My first stroke was June 26, 2012 and while I was in the hospital, they gave me "Nicotrol" inhalers which helped, but what really got me through was disposable cig-a-likes from the Shell station down the street.

I made it through the 3 week stay in the hospital, but as soon as I got into the car to go home, I got a cigarette from my daughter and fired it up! On the way home we stopped at a tobacco store and picked up a cig-a-like kit with a french name and I tried that for a week or so and ended up sending my wife to get me a pack of Newport Reds. Yeah, I went back on the smokes.

Finally, it took my 5 year old granddaughter to convince me to quit for good. On October 1st, 2015 I bought a "Buck Naked Express kit" and a bottle of 18mg juice and 5 days later, smoked my last cig.

My batteries were dying so I got the urge for something better a few weeks ago, so I spent a lot of time reading reviews and reading posts on this and "another" forum and finally decided on an "iStick Basic" kit for the transition from the "eGo" style w/CE4 type disposable clearomizers to a 510 type setup. I have a Cuboid 150 on my Christmas list but right now I'm tickled to death with my "Basic". Due to the strokes, I only have one working arm and hand so I can't be building coils or mods (although I could if I was able) so, I have to stay with the simpler stuff for now.

I still get the urge for a cigarette sometimes but it's rare, and the smell of tobacco smoke actually chokes me a little so it's not a real problem for me. I see myself being smoke free for the rest of my life thanks to vaping!

In order to get completely off tobacco I had to buy menthol ejuice to get the throat hit that resembled sucking on a cig, but it worked for me. I may try some other flavors before long but right now the menthol is where it's at for me.

Michael

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree; it's always wonderful to read of other "hopelessly addicted" smokers who managed, with vaping, to do what they thought was impossible, just as I have. How "public health" can ignore and demonize this, I just cannot fathom. The venality and control-freak-ness of some people is just flat amazing and appalling. :facepalm:

Andria

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started smoking the summer of 1969 and continued to smoke cigarettes until October of 2015 after I had my second stroke. (yes I was addicted!!)

My first stroke was June 26, 2012 and while I was in the hospital, they gave me "Nicotrol" inhalers which helped, but what really got me through was disposable cig-a-likes from the Shell station down the street.

I made it through the 3 week stay in the hospital, but as soon as I got into the car to go home, I got a cigarette from my daughter and fired it up! On the way home we stopped at a tobacco store and picked up a cig-a-like kit with a french name and I tried that for a week or so and ended up sending my wife to get me a pack of Newport Reds. Yeah, I went back on the smokes.

Finally, it took my 5 year old granddaughter to convince me to quit for good. On October 1st, 2015 I bought a "Buck Naked Express kit" and a bottle of 18mg juice and 5 days later, smoked my last cig.

My batteries were dying so I got the urge for something better a few weeks ago, so I spent a lot of time reading reviews and reading posts on this and "another" forum and finally decided on an "iStick Basic" kit for the transition from the "eGo" style w/CE4 type disposable clearomizers to a 510 type setup. I have a Cuboid 150 on my Christmas list but right now I'm tickled to death with my "Basic". Due to the strokes, I only have one working arm and hand so I can't be building coils or mods (although I could if I was able) so, I have to stay with the simpler stuff for now.

I still get the urge for a cigarette sometimes but it's rare, and the smell of tobacco smoke actually chokes me a little so it's not a real problem for me. I see myself being smoke free for the rest of my life thanks to vaping!

In order to get completely off tobacco I had to buy menthol ejuice to get the throat hit that resembled sucking on a cig, but it worked for me. I may try some other flavors before long but right now the menthol is where it's at for me.

Michael
wow,, what a journey. i cant imagine and yet i do imagine what i would do to maintain my style of vaping. your post is a reminder of needing connections/family/friends help some day when i cannot make my own coils or assemble my atty's.

be proud of yourself for sticking with it when its both physically and mentally hard at times.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree; it's always wonderful to read of other "hopelessly addicted" smokers who managed, with vaping, to do what they thought was impossible, just as I have. How "public health" can ignore and demonize this, I just cannot fathom. The venality and control-freak-ness of some people is just flat amazing and appalling. :facepalm:

Andria
i imagine the initial conversation went something like this:
politician 1:"what's that"
politician 2: " i am not sure"
politician 3: "well my buddy at BIG T said He is losing profits
all 3 at same time: "let's ban it"

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i imagine the initial conversation went something like this:
politician 1:"what's that"
politician 2: " i am not sure"
politician 3: "well my buddy at BIG T said He is losing profits
all 3 at same time: "let's ban it"

Yes, except it was probably "my buddy at GSK". Those fuckers in BP are the real evil.

Andria

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Michael

Hi Michael, Thanks for sharing your story and glad that you were able to quit smoking by vaping! I have the iStick Basic and that is a great little kit! Anything that keeps you from cigarettes is great! Sometimes simple is the best! Same with your menthol juice- it works! I used the cigalikes with menthol juice for many months- I did not like my ego kit, so I went back and used my Mistic Bridge kits for many months, then I switched them up and kept my cigalikes filled with my menthol eliquids and the ego with other flavors.

I don't wrap coils yet, but just bought the Tobeco Kuro Koiler tool that looks easy enough, plus I have wire and cotton to practice later on when the weather turns crappy. I have the Kanger Drip Box so I need to learn sometime! Plus some rebuilable coils for my Kanger Nebox, But in the meantime I have stocked up for months the coils I need for my tanks, I have enough coils for years saved up.

I have been buying mods that take external batteries too and now have a great battery charger on the way! I take advantage of all the sales, and there are many great online vendors with great prices and fast shipping! Do you shop online? You can sure save a ton of money that way!

I don't own the Cuboid 150- but I am sure that there will be many Black Friday sales and you will be able to get that by XMas!

VU Sponsors