The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Vanilla-Bean-Cream-Soda-Floats-6903.jpg

I have been sitting on this for some time and finally got around to making it. I found a recipe in the ether and this is a modified version of it.
upload_2018-8-4_7-51-40.png
You can use TFA Vanilla Bourbon if you don't have INW, which I think works better here as it has slightly more bite than TFA. You can also skip the Madagascar vanilla if you don't have it but it really pulls the vanilla flavor into the front where it should be. VTA Creaming Soda also works here in equal % if you don't have TFA.

*The EM/Cream Soda actually gives a fizzy mouth feel if that matters to you (because it does to me)

It tastes like a funky vanilla club soda straight out of the gate. It gets good after 3 days and just keeps getting better as days go by. I think when I make more today I am going to let it sit for a good week and then jump in. Most of you should have these ingredients already which makes it easy.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I have been sitting on this for some time and finally got around to making it. I found a recipe in the ether and this is a modified version of it.
View attachment 117190
You can use TFA Vanilla Bourbon if you don't have INW, which I think works better here as it has slightly more bite than TFA. You can also skip the Madagascar vanilla if you don't have it but it really pulls the vanilla flavor into the front where it should be. FA Cream Soda also works here in equal % if you don't have TFA.

*The EM/Cream Soda actually gives a fizzy mouth feel if that matters to you (because it does to me)

It tastes like a funky vanilla club soda straight out of the gate. It gets good after 3 days and just keeps getting better as days go by. I think when I make more today I am going to let it sit for a good week and then jump in. Most of you should have these ingredients already which makes it easy.
Hot damn! But I gotta make a sub....otherwise, I got it. Yummmmmm.....

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is the TFA French Vanilla Creme the same as TFA French Vanilla? I tried looking @BCV but their descriptions are the same for both.
There’s two? Lol! I only have the Creme. I’m gonna guess it’s pretty close. Maybe add a touch of cream to the regular one?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
TFA cream soda.....but I have FW. Unless you have knowledge I don’t, it should be ok?

I just finger tasted the FW, VTA and TFA and there is not much difference. FA is sharper than both of them, TFA is only marginally sweeter than FW. Should be fine. A good Vanilla Cream Soda is something I have been after for a long time.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just finger tasted the FW, FA and TFA and there is not much difference. FA is sharper than both of them, TFA is only marginally sweeter than FW. Should be fine. A good Vanilla Cream Soda is something I have been after for a long time.
I had a commercial version once and it was ok.....way too damn sweet. Thanks for the work on this one. I’ve been looking for this one, too! It’s my favorite kind of soda float thing.:blowkiss:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I had a commercial version once and it was ok.....way too damn sweet. Thanks for the work on this one. I’ve been looking for this one, too! It’s my favorite kind of soda float thing.:blowkiss:

Next move is to try these different red sodas and see how they do in it.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Not sure. This was poured out of a bottle from a friend. Its hand labeled FA- Creaming Soda.
FA doesn't carry a cream soda. Maybe he got the tfa and do to the labeling it says Fa hence the mix up?

Only other I could think off, which is really good is VTA creaming soda, maybe worth a try if subbing.

Is the TFA French Vanilla Creme the same as TFA French Vanilla? I tried looking @BCV but their descriptions are the same for both.

Two different flavors, tfa French vanilla is close to caps French vanilla. While tfa French vanilla creme is more like INW vanilla cream, in my opinion. Maybe you even have hs French vanilla ice cream, that would work too and since it's potent enough, you could stick even with that percentage .

However if you have shisha vanilla just add that if you don't have any of the others I mentioned above. Just might have to tweak the percentage a bit.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FA doesn't carry a cream soda. Maybe he got the tfa and do to the labeling it says Fa hence the mix up?

Only other I could think off, which is really good is VTA creaming soda, maybe worth a try if subbing.

Two different flavors, tfa French vanilla is close to caps French vanilla. While tfa French vanilla creme is more like INW vanilla cream, in my opinion. Maybe you even have hs French vanilla ice cream, that would work too and since it's potent enough, you could stick even with that percentage .

However if you have shisha vanilla just add that if you don't have any of the others I mentioned above. Just might have to tweak the percentage a bit.
Thanks! Think I’ll just wait until I can get the TFA French Vanilla Creme.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Awesome info. And I forgot about VT creaming soda. Def might work, too.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 117190
You can use TFA Vanilla Bourbon if you don't have INW, which I think works better here as it has slightly more bite than TFA. You can also skip the Madagascar vanilla if you don't have it but it really pulls the vanilla flavor into the front where it should be. VTA Creaming Soda also works here in equal % if you don't have TFA.

Damn, that sure sounds good, missing cream soda tho....onto the wish-list.

VU Sponsors