Become a Patron!

I've ordered a black mutation V4 to match my sig in black, is colour bad?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey people. I was reading through a few threads, and noticed someone said regarding coloured RDA's they have learnt their lesson, and now only use stainless steel.

Well, I do have a stainless steel one, but its for the Missus as she is getting into vaping, and is having my 30 watt sig while I use the 150. She wants to learn how to build and that too, so I though get her an RDA, she uses mine now without choking and enjoys the flavour, so the mutation is a small birthday present to go with her main gift.

Now, I have ordered a black one, to match my black sig150. It is not dangerous in anyway is it? If it is I will cancel the order. If it is just scratches and stuff being reffered too, that doesn't bother me, as long as its not dangerous Inhaling the coloured versions I am OK.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a black one I use alot of the time. It hasn't caused me any trouble at all. The paint or whatever they use for it doesn't come off. So yeah its a great atty to use. Very easy to build on it.

ealtman0528

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my mutation x4 yesterday in the mail. it is also black. I mean it is early to tell, but it my first rda and easy to build on and vapes great. The paint isn't even showing fingerprints. I do heavy dripping so it leaks but that is my fault not the atty. Hope this helps some.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my mutation x4 yesterday in the mail. it is also black. I mean it is early to tell, but it my first rda and easy to build on and vapes great. The paint isn't even showing fingerprints. I do heavy dripping so it leaks but that is my fault not the atty. Hope this helps some.
Well, tonight I left my fiancee of 4 and a half years, and her birthday is on Sunday. I have about £150 of presents that are now useless, apart from the mutation I bought her. Its stainless steel, so I can have both. Good to hear the black is good aswell.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh man I am really sorry to hear that! Keep your head up high. Things will work itself out.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let things cool down a bit and it'll work itself out. 4 and a half years is a helluva dedication on both parts and I doubt either of you want to throw that away.
good or bad,together or seperated,it'll work out one way or the other.
just remember to keep calm and carry on.

best wishes broski.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the kind words people. I am meeting her tommorow, not as a couple, as she is acting extremely out of character, the first 4 years were great. Then she changed, I think It may be mental health. If it is I will try my best to support her, we know she suffers from anxiety but I think it could be more. I think after a nights sleep my mindset may be different.

Thanks CTFX and Bondo for your thoughts, like you said its a long time so I am sure it will sort itself out. She said she will do anything to have me back and I feel bad, But she did hit me 3 times so I threw her out, but the real her isn't like that. She is happy and not violent. Tommorow I am going to take her to somewhere to try and get her some help incase it is her mental health,as like you said its a long time, and I do love the real her, not what is in her place now.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah there's something deep seeded that she has obviously been bottling up for some time. Now if anything is the best time to sort these kind of things out civilly

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont know either of you personally but maybe a coffee (or tea in your case;)) chat might be more beneficial.
Just start by telling her how much you care for her and simply ask her what the problem is. She might suprise you.

Wether legal or common law,the first 5 years in a relationship(marraige) are the hardest.
Everyone has problems but when you find someone that has the metal to deal with your own then it's worth every bit of the fight.

Sir Vapesalot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey people. I was reading through a few threads, and noticed someone said regarding coloured RDA's they have learnt their lesson, and now only use stainless steel.

Well, I do have a stainless steel one, but its for the Missus as she is getting into vaping, and is having my 30 watt sig while I use the 150. She wants to learn how to build and that too, so I though get her an RDA, she uses mine now without choking and enjoys the flavour, so the mutation is a small birthday present to go with her main gift.

Now, I have ordered a black one, to match my black sig150. It is not dangerous in anyway is it? If it is I will cancel the order. If it is just scratches and stuff being reffered too, that doesn't bother me, as long as its not dangerous Inhaling the coloured versions I am OK.
Just to clarify, I said the painted rdas I have had always chip, maybe due to dropping the top cap or mod falling over.... For sure not a safety issue, it's cosmetic and not a big deal. If you had asked for clarification in the other thread where this was discussed I would have been happy to provide some....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My mutty v3 failed so hard on the paint it came off almost whole. As long as the deck and chamber is stainless it is good to go.

Suck on the domestic side of things. If it was way out of left field it may not be a mental health issue but a medical issue, get both checked and not just fall into a rut of it all mental.
My ex wife was semi sweet but rotten as sin, it got worse and only found out it was out of wack thyroid and a brain tumor.
I would suggest seriously getting a thyroid panel and her A1c checked, if it was like an over night change of attitude.

Last edited:

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My v4 has chipped some just as my v3 did. I got it in a trade otherwise i would have opted for ss.
Its an aesthetic thing.

Toxic Dover

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got a black Mutation X v4 and while some of the paint on the bottom near the air intakes has chipped away over time, the inside is not painted, it's just bare metal. If the insides were painted I may be slightly worried, but paint on the outside of the RDA won't hurt anything. :)

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeap its stainless on the inside just outside is painted and its in my pocket when I'm out so as to why it starts as scratches chips then peels off, good luck with your ol lady

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had my V4 for about a week now. No major chips in the paint, but it has fallen over in my car a few times so there are some minor scratches. I might buy another one in SS.

Ruben

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My V4 started to chip very badly around the top vents. I ended up scratching the rest of the paint off with my finger nail and ended up with a stainless mutation.

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine's authentic in black. Chipping every time it tips over lol.

Ruben

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The authentic is 35 bucks. I doubt anyone has cloned it.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep mine was authentic n verified the scratch code chipping within the first week.

VU Sponsors