Become a Patron!

Jam Monster Grape KILLING ME

So I'm fairly new to vaping, but never had a problem like this before. I purchase some Jam Monster Grape a week ago and instantly love the flavor, however since starting my coils are burning out in LESS THAN 1 day. I have the Smok OSUB 80, with the baby beast tank and use the X4 coil between 45-50 watts. I've literally gone through 6 coils in 7 days. I also have an old kangertech 60 watt mod and use it with the Super Tank with .5 tobeco coils and these coils are also lasting only about a day before getting a nasty burned taste.
With every other juice i've used the tobeco .5 coils last me at least a week, more like two.

So my question is WTF...is Jam Monster that bad that coils only last a freakin day??? Such a shame cuz i love the taste...

Thanks.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm fairly new to vaping, but never had a problem like this before. I purchase some Jam Monster Grape a week ago and instantly love the flavor, however since starting my coils are burning out in LESS THAN 1 day. I have the Smok OSUB 80, with the baby beast tank and use the X4 coil between 45-50 watts. I've literally gone through 6 coils in 7 days. I also have an old kangertech 60 watt mod and use it with the Super Tank with .5 tobeco coils and these coils are also lasting only about a day before getting a nasty burned taste.
With every other juice i've used the tobeco .5 coils last me at least a week, more like two.

So my question is WTF...is Jam Monster that bad that coils only last a freakin day??? Such a shame cuz i love the taste...

Thanks.
It's probably Sweet.... Sweetner has fun with coils. .... Gunkes them quickly

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Yea its super sweet, but i mean still, 1 freakin day ? I'm just wondering if that's even normal and others have experienced that?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup that's normal. A couple of my friends have experienced the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ok, thanks. My entire vaping career I've been buying my local vape store's brand, but i felt like experimenting with some other brands so this Jam Monster is the first time I tried something else. The local stuff is also 70/30, but my coils last at least a week or more. Anyone can recommend a really good grape or peach juice that won't kill coils?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you Burning out coils it's not the ejuice doing it it's the Battery juice you are applying to the coil....

Turn the wattage down you won't burn coils. IF YOU CAN Get Enough Vapor TRY coilheads with BIGGER coils. Or that allow more juice to flow thus the coils....

Now if coils are just getting dirty fast could be sweetness or desolved solids in the juice.... but even this is direct result of power fed to the coil and the resulting heat of the coil.

Notice no mention of ohm... because that doesn't mean anything on a regulated mod.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If you Burning out coils it's not the ejuice doing it it's the Battery juice you are applying to the coil....

Turn the wattage down you won't burn coils. IF YOU CAN Get Enough Vapor TRY coilheads with BIGGER coils. Or that allow more juice to flow thus the coils....

Now if coils are just getting dirty fast could be sweetness or desolved solids in the juice.... but even this is direct result of power fed to the coil and the resulting heat of the coil.

Notice no mention of ohm... because that doesn't mean anything on a regulated mod.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Sweet juice can gunk a coil just as fast as overheating it burns it out - in either case the coil is useless

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the strawberry flavor and will pick up a bottle on occasion. I have to change my cotton and burn my coils after just half a day. It’s loaded with sweetener, definitely not something I would put in a Subohm tank I had to by coils for.

lorri2009

Member For 3 Years

Thanks.
Jam Monster has been around a while now, the grape is their newest flavor. Jam Monster is known throughout the vaping community as the coil killer juice. So much sweeter in the juice that no coil will survive that long. Even on RDA's with dripping, one has to change cotton and clean coils by the 2nd day. It has nothing to do with the wattage of your vape. Read up on it. Nothing do do with wattage or heat. When using Jam Monster, it is best to use an RDA or RTA so that you don't waste money on stock coils. This way you can rewick and clean your coils with out wasting money.

Thank you for the replies. Yea, i did some reading and it looks like this is a common complaint. I just didn't realize that it could kill coils in 1 day. Again, i've vaped it for a week and have gone through 6 coils. So I guess I'm gonna have to just pay the price or hopefully find another juice with similar flavor that is much more coil friendly.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You could avoid the issue totally, by buying the RBA deck and build your own coils. If it starts tasting burnt, remove the cotton, dry burn the coils, replace fresh cotton and vape on. Pouch of cotton bacon... $8 Can. 30 feet kanthal 26ga wire $8. That is like 45 coils worth and the cotton should last you 6 months. Basically, if you can wrap a string around your finger, you can wrap a coil.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
. Anyone can recommend a really good grape or peach juice that won't kill coils?

I used to vape taffy man grape. That stuff was really good. Can't say what it'll do to your coils, It's been awhile.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In my Baby Beat when I use the X4 coils I fire them at 25-30 Watts about 20-25% less then the minimum recommended. But I take LONG Hits and get 3K to 5K puffs out of them. Good Luck

VU Sponsors