Become a Patron!

Jimi's Daily Health Articles

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are You Leaning on your "Emotionships" While You're Struggling?

The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers reported nearly a month ago that, although we were only several weeks into lockdown at that point, their offices were experiencing a barrage of calls…

Unhappy, married couples pushed to the brink by quarantine were trying to secure a spot in line for when the courts reopened.

The president of that AAML says this is happening all over the country…

And, of course, as we’ve talked about, more and more people are experiencing symptoms of depression and anxiety, as loneliness or cramped quarters take their toll on the public.

There’s no one reason a marriage ends… or depression sets in… or allostatic load becomes overwhelming.

So there is no one solution.

In fact, a solution might be as multifaceted as the stuff of the “emotionship” theory – the idea that different emotional needs can be better fulfilled by delegating their care to specific people who are better suited to address them than others.

It is the antithesis of the post-war nuclear concept of family life – who should be privy to your private thoughts and feelings, which often dictated how wide your circle of confidants could be. It also disavows the notion of “the one”, which strains romantic partnerships by expecting significant others to be lovers, friends, financial advisors, supporters, inspirers, comforters, motivators, organizers, hustlers, and de facto dates to things that interest you.

To understand this theory, start here: No one’s inner child ever grows up.

There’s a little kid still in there – confused, hurt, wanting to be shown love, and wanting to show love. Now remember the African proverb “It takes a village to raise a child.”

Why does it take a village? Why is it important to “diversify our relationship portfolio,” to adult-ify the concept? Why should we spread our needs across the many and relieve the burden on the few?

You Probably Baked this Into Your Life Already

When you’re sad, is there someone you think to call right away – someone who’ll be ready with a joke (if that’s how you cope), or a ready ear, or twin tears? What about when something great happens at work, and you know exactly which friend will appreciate the subtle ways you made yourself indispensable and secured that promotion? What about when you’ve gotten into an argument with your partner… and you know which person in your life will either fan the flames of your righteous rage, or help you find culpability for your part in the disagreement so that you can move past it?

It’s entirely likely that you’re already performing “emotionship” delegation, whether consciously or unconsciously. You instinctively know who will fulfill your needs in the ways that you either want or need.

Deliberately designing emotionships into the shape of your life can be incredibly beneficial in several ways…

• You reduce strain on individual members of your support network by requiring less of them.

• You improve personal feelings regarding those members by playing to their strengths instead of judging them for their poor performance in areas of weakness.

• You bolster existing relationships by delving deeper into areas of commonality, previously obfuscated by too much noise.

• You get to focus on the things you love about the people you love, instead of the areas where you feel they aren’t meeting your standards.

The Dynamic 21st Century Human Being

Today, more than ever, we are set upon by interests. It’s almost oppressive, the number of things we can, should, want to, have to care about. Or maybe it’s thrilling – depends on how you think about it!

But the thought that we should expect any one, or two or three, people to meet us at every ripple of interest, every professional advancement, every trauma reaction… well, it isn’t sustainable.

And if it’s unsustainable and unfulfilling for you… it’s likely that the people in your life don’t feel that you are meeting their every need.

That’s because we aren’t supposed to!

When human beings lived in more communal settings – actual communes, smaller towns, more family members to a household – responsibilities, social activities, and even romance were divided amongst the group.

And it’s even more crucial that we split ourselves and our networks now.

Feeling isolated and unable to connect is plain bad for our health. It causes undue strain on our nervous systems and raises our blood pressure while lowering our mental capabilities – among other things.

If you’re feeling like the people in your house aren’t getting you or that you’re not receiving the kind of time and attention socially that you need, consider the possibility that you are right and that it’s no one’s fault.

Frustrated at how lackluster and unhealthy your family meals are turning out? Consult your friend who’s bonkers about nutrition! Feeling disconnected from your spirituality? Call up your aunt who’s never wavered in her faith. Just finished a wonderful book but it isn’t your partner’s genre? Write your bibliophile buddy an email gushing about your latest library addition.

We can all be a million things to a million people – and they can do the same for us.

Relieve some of the pressure on your immediate quarantine pals… and encourage them to do the same. Give emotionships a spotlight.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Jimi,

Have you heard of Sheriff Richard Mack? He’s best known for challenging the Brady Bill, a gun control scheme requiring local law enforcement to perform background checks on prospective gun purchasers. He maintained that the federal government had no authority to command local officials, and became the first sheriff in American history to sue the federal government (under the Clinton administration) and win at the US Supreme Court. The case was based on the 10th Amendment, states rights and local sovereignty.

Charlene got a chance to interview Sheriff Mack this week, and it was eye-opening!

>> Click here to watch the entire interview.

Since the landmark ruling in 1997, Mack has written six books and appeared at over 175 Tea Party rallies nationwide. He has stood against the incursions of the federal government and has fought for civil rights from Hawaii to Bangor, Maine. He is the Founder and President of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA) and has been inducted into the NRA Hall of Fame.

Click here for more information on Sheriff Mack.

EXCITING NEWS! We’ll be speaking this weekend in North Carolina at Dr. Buttar’s “Advanced Medicine Conference.” If you live in the Charlotte area, come see us. But if you can’t make it, no worries! All the lectures will be live streamed, so be sure to watch!

Yours in health and liberty,

mail

P.S. A new bill has been introduced into the 116th Congress (2019-2020) of the U.S. House of Representatives named H.R. 6666, aka the “TRACE” Act (formally known as the COVID-19 Testing, Reaching And Contracting Everyone Act), which was introduced by Illinois U.S. Representative Bobby L. Rush.

In a nutshell, the bill proposes mandatory testing at individuals’ residences, giving the government thugs “carte blanche” to break into homes and forcibly remove and quarantine anyone who tests positive for COVID-19.

We MUST stand up against this tyranny NOW!

>> CLICK HERE to urge your lawmakers to say “NO” to a $100 billion unconstitutional surveillance bill that opens the door to medical mandates.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Three articles on the same link just scroll down

Recipe: Tender Chuck Roast Short Rib Tacos
Exposure to Antidepressant SSRI’s Early in Life Produces Abnormal Emotional Behaviors in Adults
Acetaminophen Poisoning is the Most Common Cause of Acute Liver Failure in the United States

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I want to take a moment to thank all of our Veterans for their service, this is your day:cool:, hope it's a good one

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The TSA reported Saturday that it screened more passengers at US airports on Thursday and Friday than at any time in the last two months.

Here we go again. Screening only catches some of the symptomatic virus spreaders and NONE of the 30% or so asymptomatic ones.

Saw lots of out of state cars around here today while out and about. A couple on my little 1/8 mile dead end road. While out and about only had one contact (socially distanced) with my sister who is in our extended family isolation group.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’ve been taking @10-15,000. I know I’m deficient now, living in the city and being so pale. I’ll have to up my dosage to at least 20,000. Thanks, Wolfe.
Yes. Please, do go up on the d3. I feel the difference taking 20,000 a day. You're welcome, Kitty :)

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes. Please, do go up on the d3. I feel the difference taking 20,000 a day. You're welcome, Kitty :)

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Yesterday I upped it to 20,000 and hopefully it will push me out of this slump. I think part of the problem is a big cell antenna on the garage roof of the building next door. It’s loud enough to hear! I can see it from my LR window, but most people prolly don’t know it’s there. :crazy:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yesterday I upped it to 20,000 and hopefully it will push me out of this slump. I think part of the problem is a big cell antenna on the garage roof of the building next door. It’s loud enough to hear! I can see it from my LR window, but most people prolly don’t know it’s there. :crazy:

Have had a big cell tower close enough to my house that if it fell it would not miss my house by much for 10 years and more now.
Have not noticed any problems from it. Did have to put a cellular 5G filter on my TV antenna thought as it seem to be causing TV signal problems which did go away with the filter.
No corona virus around close either.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Have had a big cell tower close enough to my house that if it fell it would not miss my house by much for 10 years and more now.
Have not noticed any problems from it. Did have to put a cellular 5G filter on my TV antenna thought as it seem to be causing TV signal problems which did go away with the filter.
No corona virus around close either.

The buildings here are very close, and I think that antenna was meant to go on the roof of the building, which would be 14 stories up. Instead of on the parking garage roof which is maybe 2 stories high. By having it on the garbage roof, it’s super close to the side of the building it faces.

If I can hear the bloody thing, it’s too close, imho!!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The buildings here are very close, and I think that antenna was meant to go on the roof of the building, which would be 14 stories up. Instead of on the parking garage roof which is maybe 2 stories high. By having it on the garbage roof, it’s super close to the side of the building it faces.

If I can hear the bloody thing, it’s too close, imho!!
That is the thing with 5G more, many more antennas around. requires closer spacing.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I’ve been taking @10-15,000. I know I’m deficient now, living in the city and being so pale. I’ll have to up my dosage to at least 20,000. Thanks, Wolfe.

I started taking d3 again also, even though I usually get plenty of sun

One thing though, I highly suggest anyone taking D3 look into also supplementing with K2 (not K)

Without a good amount of k2 in the diet, D3 can build up in the arteries instead of into your bones

As a bonus, high K2 in the diet is highly associated with less skin wrinkles and blotchiness

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I started taking d3 again also, even though I usually get plenty of sun

One thing though, I highly suggest anyone taking D3 look into also supplementing with K2 (not K)

Without a good amount of k2 in the diet, D3 can build up in the arteries instead of into your bones

As a bonus, high K2 in the diet is highly associated with less skin wrinkles and blotchiness

I’ve seen K2 and wondered what it was. I’ll get some with D3, since I have to re-up my D3 soon. Thanks, Lucy! :hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That is the thing with 5G more, many more antennas around. requires closer spacing.

I don’t know if it’s 5G. They put it up maybe 6 years ago. But they’ve been up there a few times since then. I’m not sure what company it is, but this area is in between two airports.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dear Jimi,

Our upcoming training supports one of the most foundational building blocks of health and detoxification: Lymph Cleansing for Hormone Balance.

Click here to save your seat for this powerful education.
(Don’t worry if you can’t attend live. Register anyway, and we will get you the replay.)

Clearing out stagnation, by enhancing lymphatic and bile flow, are key to addressing your body’s detoxification and immune systems, thereby balancing your hormones and supporting your body’s natural rhythms.

* The human body accumulates all sorts of waste and is exposed to many toxins, which it must remove effectively to stay healthy.

* Your body relies on your lymphatic system and your biliary system to remove bacteria, viruses, toxins, even abnormal cells.

*In addition, your lymphatic system surrounds your digestive tract and influences your ability to absorb and digest nutrients properly.

In this Q&A you will learn how to support lymphatic and bile flow and to establish healthy rhythms vital to hormonal health.

Join us to learn more about your lymphatic system and how this “network” of various tissues and vessels helps keep your body continually cleansing.

Click the image below to save your seat. See you there!

(Don’t worry if you can’t attend live. Register anyway, and we will get you the replay.)

I hope you will join me and Dr. Ginger Nash for this very important discussion.

To your health,

Dr. Christine Schaffner

PS: If you weren’t able to attend my Q&A last week with Gina Bria on the 4th Phase of Water, definitely click here for the replay.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When it comes to supporting or improving our health, we absolutely have to prioritize sleep.

Most of us aren’t getting the quality or quantity of sleep we really need to recover at night. Unfortunately, that means we can’t wake up feeling energized and pursue a fulfilling day.

We also increase our risk of chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, depression, and Alzheimer’s when we miss out on deep, restorative rest. It’s not something we can afford to ignore anymore.

That’s why I’m so excited to share an amazing new resource with you for getting a solid night of high-quality sleep.

It’s my friend Dr. Mark Hyman’s Sleep Master Class, and right now he’s giving it away for free.

Dr. Hyman’s 8-part Sleep Master Class takes a deep-dive into the reasons many of us struggle with sleep and realistic steps we can take to improve each area that is holding us back.

He’s joined by five other experts in the field of Naturopathic and Functional Medicine, many who have been in my past series, including Dr. Afrouz Demeri, Mike Mutzel, and Dr. Judy Hinojosa.

In the Sleep Master Class, you’ll learn:

• About the most common sleep disorders and what we know about their root causes.
  • Why breathing through your nose at night can improve your sleep and a host of other issues, from cavities to brain health.
  • All about sleep hormones and how light exposure, food, and exercise impact them.
  • How to identify your chronotype to optimize your sleep/wake cycle and create a daily routine that works best for your unique body.
  • When and what to eat for better sleep and balanced energy throughout the day.
  • Which common household and environmental toxins are sabotaging your sleep and how to clean up your life.
  • Why movement and stress reduction are essential for regulating a healthy sleep cycle and how to incorporate more of them into your schedule.
  • And so much more...

This course will forever change the way you sleep with easy, actionable steps you can do from home. I hope you’ll check it out.

Click here to access Dr. Hyman’s Sleep Master Class, for free.

Wishing you vitality,

Dr. Pedram Shojai

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Featured Video

Melanie Kennemann has been experiencing physical discomforts and mood swings for a while. In this video, she shares with us how a ‘traditional’ doctor advised her to quit her job and take antidepressants instead of addressing her symptoms in a natural and holistic way. She fortunately meets an incredible doctor who immediately got to THE CAUSE of what was going on with her body.

Find out what THE CAUSE is and watch this video. You just might have it.

VU Sponsors