Jimi's Daily Health Articles

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I understand wanting to eat like they did back then, but I’m not sure if trying to be exactly like them is realistic.

Of course that isn't realistic - however, the theory is, human beings evolved for over a million years, and modern humans have been on the scene 50,000 years. Of those years - only for around 10,000 - have we eaten grains, dairy, legumes and highly processed foods are a very, very recent addition to the diet

Archeological evidence shows that pre-farming modern humans were larger, had stronger jaws, and did not suffer from auto-immune diseases and the cancers seen since people began farming grains; further evidence is the explosive growth of cancers, auto-immune diseases and type II diabetes caused by the modern diet and pharma, decreased activity and chemical exposure

By going back to a diet of organic meats, seeds, and veggies and fruits, and eliminating as much chemical exposure as possible, makes for a healthier human being

That has been my experience with it; I find it easy to follow because as long as I don't eat what I consider unhealthy foods, I can eat whatever I want of what is allowed, there is no "this many servings of this" or "this many ounces of that"

I dislike hunting and found trying to buy organic everything too expensive, so made super radical life changes to be able to accommodate it

I also recognize there is more than one path to better health - but the changes to my health and to my body in general have been radical since I first under took this path, and I am still learning new things almost every single day

PM me if you want to share more info or have questions :)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’ll look for a book online or something. I read one Paleo blog and the guy was arguing about things not being “authentic” Paleo enough. Like not what people would have eaten thousands of years ago! How many people are hunting and gathering or wearing skins now? I understand wanting to eat like they did back then, but I’m not sure if trying to be exactly like them is realistic.

I started doing deep breathing exercises again this weekend. Whatever flu I had made my breathing more shallow, although it took me a few months to notice. So I’m trying to rectify that now.

Hugs and howdy to Hawaii!
Good for you dear, every vaper should do breathing exercises, I do every morning, have for almost a year now and can really tell a HUGE difference.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

Eating right for your body can be a learning curve. Today’s guest, Dr. Michelle Sands knows all about the struggle.

A diet full of carbs led to health problems in her youth. She tried cutting out all fat from her diet, but that didn’t work. Slowly, she learned how to incorporate good fats into her diet and how to eat smart.

Today, Dr. Sands is a naturopathic physician, a board-certified holistic nutritionist, a #1 bestselling Amazon author, creator of The Glow Protocol Program, an ultra-runner, triathlete, and mom. “Sometimes the bodies are smarter than the doctors,” she says based on her journey to better health.

In today’s episode, she shares her nutrition and training advice for helping your body heal itself.

Quick episode recap:

• What secret signals your snacks send to your body
  • Why you can treat yourself to some fat (just pick the right kind)
  • Detox at home and see how it helps your moods
  • How your personal DNA affects how you process food
Access Podcast #20 Here!

Michelle has so many insights to share and I can hardly wait to see how you can incorporate her easy-to-follow tips into your daily routine so you feel as good as she does.

You’re the best!

Angel Jockers
Lead Happiness Manager
Dr. David Jockers

mail

P.S. Michelle debunks the myth that menopause is the primary trigger of midlife symptoms such as constant fatigue, lack of vitality, sleep difficulties, mood swings, weight gain, loss of sex drive, forgetfulness, fuzzy thinking, and even hot flashes. Do those sound familiar?!

She reveals a systems-based approach to optimal hormone balance and identifies the chief lifestyle triggers that are contributing to hormonal havoc. Her book -- In Hormone Harmony Over 35, A New, Natural, Whole-Body Approach to Limitless Female Health -- goes beyond replacing hormones and instead focuses on optimizing hormones from a holistic perspective -- in 21 days!

It is an indispensable guide to taking back control of your hormones, so that all women over 35 can live the life they deserve in the body they desire.

P.P.S. If you don’t have an Apple device, feel free to tune in on the following channels (click the image that fits you):

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

It may sound playful, but “leaky brain” is not a joke. It’s actually an unprecedented brain health issue that often goes undetected.

Unfortunately… There are many who suffer from it and don’t even know it.

Leaky brain underlies stress, anxiety, depression, neurological disorders, and more. And shockingly, it’s caused by things we do every day.

Lifestyle factors like stress, trauma, a poor diet, and environmental toxins make the leaky brain condition a big problem for those trying to live a longer and youthful life.

But there is good news and it’s that leaky brain can be detected, and it is treatable and PREVENTABLE. And I want to invite you to learn more about this health concern and find out if you’ve been suffering from this all along - as it may be contributing to many of your health challenges right now.

Join the Leaky Brain Summit on June 29th to July 5th as the world’s experts and two of my close friends Dr. Elena Villanueva and Dr. Ryan Wohlfert join forces to teach you exactly how to evaluate the health of your brain with world-renowned strategies that took 12 months to research in an all-around-the-world scientific discovery.

Click here to Gain Free Instant Access to the Summit

Many of the symptoms are automatically prescribed pharmaceutical drugs - without truly identifying the root causes, let alone treating it.

Throughout the summit, you will learn:

• To identify symptoms of leaky brain right at home
  • Truly understand the brain-immune-gut connection
  • How to accurately detox and regenerate your brain
  • How to overcome pain, trauma, and stress
  • To help children avoid mental health disorders
  • And much more data-driven research.
You are not broken; there are real and alternative answers to healing. I know this summit will help you gain powerful insight and help you sail through uncertainty.

I will be joining with friends, patients, and loved ones. I hope to ‘see’ you there, too.

Blessings!
Dr. David Jockers

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

I have something very special to announce today. It’s a secret project I’ve been working on so you can regain your thyroid function.

When your thyroid isn’t working right, you have troublesome symptoms such as fatigue, hair loss, dry skin, weight gain, sensitivity to cold, and anxiety. The list goes on.

Would it surprise you to know that a new thyroid threat is hiding in 7 common places? There is a hidden chemical in your home. It is in the foods you eat, things you drink, and it has a most powerful effect on your thyroid. It’s even in the products you use on your skin!

New data surfaced as I researched my latest book. It surprised me, even after 20+ years of experience as a natural endocrinologist specializing in thyroid disease. I knew I couldn’t wait for the book to get published (because that takes up to 2 years). Instead, I had to share this knowledge with people as soon as possible.

To that end, I created a 7-part documentary called Invisible Iodine: The New Thyroid Threat. You’re invited to watch the series for Free when it airs beginning June 4th.

Click Here to Secure Your Spot Now

This is a special limited-time premiere. The series will be free to watch for an entire week. You’ll be among the very first people to watch and discover this new science-backed research.

Please join me. Because it is likely that you CAN get better. After viewing this series, you will learn how up to 70% of people who get the right guidance can have their thyroid function back.

To Your Best Health,

Dr. Alan Christianson

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Parents: No Screen Time Before 18 Months

According to a 2017 Common Sense Census of Media Use of Kids Zero to Eight, U.S. children under the age of 2 spend an average of 42 minutes a day using screen media. That's despite an American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommendation that kids under 18 months should avoid all screen media, including TV.

If that gentle warning from the AAP didn't keep you from plopping your smartphone into the hands of your fussy youngster, maybe this will: A new study published in JAMA Pediatrics finds that when 12-month-old kids regularly view digital screens, it's associated with a 4% increase in autism-like symptoms such as disconnection from interaction with others.

On the other hand, more daily playtime young children have with their parents is associated with a 9% reduction in the risk of autism-like symptoms.

It's not that using digital devices increases the risk of diagnosed autism, but it does damage a child's ability to interact with the world in ways that are essential for emotional and intellectual development.

In other words, when you hand your baby/toddler a phone or tablet, you are damaging his or her future for some temporary peace and quiet.

If you can't focus on your child in the moment, books, toddler-safe crayons and paper, balls, mobiles, and soft blocks all provide brain-stimulating distraction for 12- to 18-month-olds. Give them a try when you can’t go nose to nose or toes to toes (floor time is great) with your child.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Welcome to "The Club." Yippeefreakinskippy. I entered menopause at 39 and the fun never ends. Can I get some solidarity?

♀️ Raise your hand if your hormones are making you CRAY-CRAY!

♀️ Keep your hand up if you want to take your life back!

INTRODUCING...

Perimenopause... menopause... if this is you, then you know that things can feel a little out of balance.

HA! Who am I kidding? My experience was that an alien took over my body and made me bat sh*t crazy.

Mood swings... weight gain... energy loss... did I mention mood swings?

OH PREACH.

Pssst... I'll let you in on a little secret. It doesn’t have to be this way.

My colleague, ReNee Greenberg, knows firsthand that it IS possible to create hormone balance through perimenopause, menopause, and beyond!

Yes, you can feel like YOU again.

ReNee hosting the complimentary Women’s Hormone Mastery MasterClass May 27-28, and you’re invited! ‍♀️

I'm joining forces with Renee and 4 women's hormone experts to bring you this FREE & Online workshop. You should see the lineup... these women are the Yoda's of hormone balancing!

Join me and find out how you can create your personalized roadmap to hormone balance and vibrant health!

This workshop is only available for 2 days so be sure to register today!

REGISTER HERE!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Research shows sleeping in a hot bedroom reduces REM and deep sleep, which are the most important stages of recovery.

High temperatures can decrease total sleep duration, cause more shallow sleep, difficulties falling asleep, and lower total sleep satisfaction.

According to the National Sleep Foundation, the best temperature for sleep is approximately 60–67°F (15–19°C). Not too hot and not too cold.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jimi,

When I asked my best friend in Atlanta how her quarantine was going, she sent me this meme, which had me belly laughing.

mail

If you've been enjoying ALL the snacks these last few months, today’s clip right from our Healthy Shopping Course is perfect for you as I will help you upgrade them with this tour of the snack section at the health food store. :)

We'll talk about:
  • Protein Bars
  • Chocolate
  • Crackers
  • And more!
Watch The Tour
Happy snacking,

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi, hope you are doing well and staying safe.
mail

If you often feel like you should have more daily energy... or, if you flat-out feel "tired all the time" like so many people today do...

You may be surprised that there's a highly effective way to get your energy back without caffeine or stimulants.

Best of all, the solution is FREE and it's right here

You see, my friend and #1 bestselling author, Ari Whitten, spent over 3 years creating something very special...

He's teamed up with the brightest minds in the world on overcoming fatigue and increasing energy levels.

These are widely-renowned scientists, doctors, nutrition experts, sleep experts, and neuroscience experts.

And, like me, Ari is a big fan of research-based evidence, and he's also scoured thousands of studies on this.

The end result is that he's created the ultimate science-based 6-step blueprint for energy enhancement.

And right now he's offering YOU this free Energy Blueprint Masterclass Series, where he's sharing powerful strategies to overcome fatigue and finally get your energy back.

I assure you this is the REAL DEAL and different... it's not the same old stuff you've seen elsewhere, like "eat healthy" and "exercise" and "sleep better" etcetera.

So, if you do feel "tired all the time" or you'd like at least some more daily energy, please do...

Head here now for the FREE Energy Blueprint

And PLEASE NOTE...

When you do sign up, you get the first "masterlass" right away, so you don't have to wait to see what a game-changer this truly is :)

Enjoy the fast transformation with this one, do stay safe and healthy, and I will talk to you soon.

To What Will Still Be Your Best Decade Yet,

Brian Vaszily

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

Most of us are still reeling from the events of the past few months... but it has made one thing really clear to me:

The best defense against today's (and tomorrow's) global health threats is a strong immune system.

That's why it's more important than ever to get educated about the best protocols to prevent illness and defeat diseases like autoimmune disorders, cancer, heart disease and the looming threat of "superbugs," which are on pace to be MORE deadly than any other health condition.

--->> Join me for The Immune Defense Summit, a free and online event

WHY ATTEND?
Jonathan Landsman has gathered 39 of the world's top experts in integrative medicine and science, including top physicians specializing in the treatment of COVID-19, to discuss the strengthening of your immune system to help protect from all types of diseases, viruses, common pathogens and drug-resistant "superbugs."

The Immune Defense Summit will help you learn more about:
+ Infectious disease solutions (without toxic drugs)
+ Latest advances in immune protective protocols
+ How to stop the threat of colds, flu and pneumonia
+ Alarming vaccine news (and safe alternatives)
+ Strategies to reverse disease symptoms at the root cause
+ And more!

--->>I'll see you online at The Immune Defense Summit, June 8-14, 2020, when you register today

Hope and hugs,

Shivan

P.S. When you register for The Immune Defense Summit, you'll also unlock early-access interviews, complimentary guides and helpful eBooks about living your most resilient life.

mail

mail

Click here to download the latest speaker list!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

We are in the midst of something that most of us have never seen before.

For the first time in half a century, a world that sometimes feels so divided is uniting against a common foe. And it's our job - each and every one of us - to avail ourselves of every possible tool at our disposal to strengthen our bodies and minds.

In all of the announcements and news headlines you've probably been hearing from the mainstream media, there is a glaring lack of information and guidance about how to boost your immune system and overall vitality with complementary and alternative medicines.

Is it possible that there is just as much science to support these approaches to healing disease? The answer might shock you.

Thousands of studies are now showing that many “alternative” medicines and therapies (that many doctors don’t know about) are FAR superior for the majority of chronic health conditions that we suffer from...

If you want to expand your horizons and discover fact-based solutions for what is ailing you (or a family member), there’s a new 9-part documentary series called Proven: Healing Breakthroughs Backed By Science that is premiering in a few days - and it’s an absolute must-see!

Each episode will provide you with highly effective (and safe) approaches to wellness that will change your life… and it’s FREE to watch!

Click HERE to watch the trailer!

There are so many complementary, alternative and natural ways to protect - and to reclaim – strong, optimal health. Many of these healing resources are amazingly simple, and you can take advantage of them all by yourself!

Far more treatments and therapies exist in this world than you are being told about - and their power has been proven, scientifically.

Regardless of whether you want to turbocharge your immune health, boost your energy levels, or if it’s something more serious like healing a chronic disease... I cannot recommend this documentary series highly enough. It covers all the bases!

I know there will be some treasure in it for you.

Click HERE to sign up for this limited-time premiere.

I’ll be tuning in for sure.

I hope you will be too.

Sincerely,

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't usually tell people this, but I'll let you in on the secret tool that I use most in my herbal practice:

Intuition.

Even though I have years of clinical training and a solid knowledge base of the herbs I work with, when choosing an herbal remedy or creating a custom formula for a client, I always rely on my intuition.

The plants that will be best suited for my client always reveal themselves at some point when I'm doing an intake.

Even though this information is coming from a non-linear source, it always makes sense and matches the clinical picture of what's going on -

so I've learned to trust the way the plant spirits show themselves to me.

But it wasn't always like that.

I had to start with building relationships with the plants and cultivating my intuitive connection to them.

But how do you go about creating this connection with plants?

This is exactly what we're talking about on The Plant Path podcast this week.

In this episode, my friend Asia Suler and I talk about this personal process of learning the language of the plant spirits and deepening our intuitive connection to our botanical allies.

Click here to listen to the episode: Developing Relationships with Botanical Beings

I hope you're inspired and uplifted by the stories shared in this podcast as much as I was. It's remarkable to hear another herbalist's story of being healed by the plants and forever transformed by their medicine.

From the lands of blooming wild Roses,

Whitney

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Of course that isn't realistic - however, the theory is, human beings evolved for over a million years, and modern humans have been on the scene 50,000 years. Of those years - only for around 10,000 - have we eaten grains, dairy, legumes and highly processed foods are a very, very recent addition to the diet

Archeological evidence shows that pre-farming modern humans were larger, had stronger jaws, and did not suffer from auto-immune diseases and the cancers seen since people began farming grains; further evidence is the explosive growth of cancers, auto-immune diseases and type II diabetes caused by the modern diet and pharma, decreased activity and chemical exposure

By going back to a diet of organic meats, seeds, and veggies and fruits, and eliminating as much chemical exposure as possible, makes for a healthier human being

That has been my experience with it; I find it easy to follow because as long as I don't eat what I consider unhealthy foods, I can eat whatever I want of what is allowed, there is no "this many servings of this" or "this many ounces of that"

I dislike hunting and found trying to buy organic everything too expensive, so made super radical life changes to be able to accommodate it

I also recognize there is more than one path to better health - but the changes to my health and to my body in general have been radical since I first under took this path, and I am still learning new things almost every single day

PM me if you want to share more info or have questions :)

Humans are eating really poorly now. Doctors don’t even consider food to be therapeutic, but they’ll shove BP drugs (and shots) down patients throats.

The Paleo webpage I read was by some doctor who was arguing that some other Paleo person wasn’t “authentic” enough. It seemed anal, imho.

Being that I’m in a City now, getting healthy food that isn’t processed is fairly expensive, as well as a bit HTF. I’m lucky I’ve got access to organic farm food through the Westin Price foundation (and CSA.) But wow, it’s pricey!!

I just heard something about mandated shots for adults. And that really scared the shit out of me. I know it not Paleo related, but my hair almost stood on end!!

:hug: and aloha!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Humans are eating really poorly now. Doctors don’t even consider food to be therapeutic, but they’ll shove BP drugs (and shots) down patients throats.

The Paleo webpage I read was by some doctor who was arguing that some other Paleo person wasn’t “authentic” enough. It seemed anal, imho.

Being that I’m in a City now, getting healthy food that isn’t processed is fairly expensive, as well as a bit HTF. I’m lucky I’ve got access to organic farm food through the Westin Price foundation (and CSA.) But wow, it’s pricey!!

I just heard something about mandated shots for adults. And that really scared the shit out of me. I know it not Paleo related, but my hair almost stood on end!!

I don't worry about if someone thinks I'm Paleo "enough" - lots of people think my tootle puffing ain't vaping too - those kind of ppl can bite me

But seriously, there is lots you can do in an apartment even to eat better cheaply - sprouts and herbs will grow in a window

This lettuce is growing in an old milk carton - the dirt is just a handful and not needed actually, the root system is living on mainly oxygen and a small amount of water and something I'm embarrassed to mention. Been eating a few leafs off it daily for over a month

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Forgot to add pics, lolIMG_1447.jpegIMG_1450.jpeg

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dear Jimi,

Stress makes us do lots of things we know we shouldn't... like indulging in emotional eating habits. And with stress at an all time high, you're probably using food to cope a little more often than you should.

If you find yourself reaching for comfort in your refrigerator or pantry every day, today's episode is what you need to turn things around. Emotional and addictive eating expert Tricia Nelson is here to share:

• How to create boundaries around food, even when you're home
  • Using the control and consequence test when you have a treat
  • Distinguishing between emotional and physical hunger
  • Tips for checking in with yourself and your snacking habits
  • Why people-pleasing leads to overeating, and what to do about it
>> Listen to Episode 194: Three Simple Ways to End Emotional Eating with Tricia Nelson

Here's the bottom line: food is comforting to us, but it's essential to find out how to nourish your body effectively. Tune in today to find out if your habits are helping or harming your health!

Essentially Yours,
Dr. Mariza

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Dr. Gary Small, M.D., writes:

One reason for the lack of success in developing anti-amyloid treatments has been that even though the presence of brain amyloid partly defines Alzheimer’s, it’s not clear whether its accumulation causes the disease or is the result of another underlying abnormality.

Considerable research suggests that other age-related brain abnormalities — such as inflammation and oxidative stress — contribute to the cognitive impairments that are associated with Alzheimer’s disease.

Although inflammation is a natural process for repairing tissue damage, as people age their brains undergo heightened inflammation that may damage normal cells.

Special: New Aging Research Reveals Key to Long, Healthy Life

An older brain also suffers from oxidative stress, which involves the buildup of highly reactive molecules called free radicals, which can cause wear and tear on brain cells.

I became interested in the connection between mind health and brain inflammation several years ago when I led a National Institutes of Health (NIH) study that tested whether an anti-inflammatory drug benefitted age-related memory decline.

Because it’s easier to protect a healthy brain than to repair damage that has already been done, our research team focused on treating people with mild age-related memory issues who were at risk for developing Alzheimer’s dementia in the future.

We found that the anti-inflammatory medicine celecoxib (Celebrex) offered memory benefits compared to an inactive placebo.

But unfortunately, extensive use of anti-inflammatory drugs can lead to many side effects.

In fact, other studies have indicated that anti-inflammatory drugs can actually worsen memory function in patients with the more advanced cognitive decline (dementia).

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jim,

Like me, you probably take vitamins. And that’s a good thing.

There’s more research backing the efficacy of vitamins for disease prevention and cure than most (if not all) pharmaceuticals.

But did you know that HOW and WHEN you take vitamins can be as important as which vitamins you take?

That’s what 44-year veteran and the world’s leading expert on vitamins, Andrew Saul will share on the Vitamin Masterclass. A free seven-part series that starts today.

For example…

• Did you know you should NEVER take your vitamins all at the same time?
  • Did you know that some vitamins are far more effective in high doses… and some are not?
  • Did you know that it’s sometimes dangerous to STOP taking certain vitamins?
  • Did you know that vitamins can be a very fast and effective cure for certain types of anxiety and depression (and that pharmaceutical “anti-depressants” can make you MORE depressed)?
  • Did you know that you do NOT have to spend a fortune to get the full health benefits of vitamins?
Starting today, Wednesday, May 27th, Andrews’ Vitamin Masterclass will be available to watch totally for free.

It’s full of practical, life-changing advice… at no charge.

No catch.

No pitches to buy vitamins or pills or supplements.

Just the information you need now (especially now, in this time of crisis) to keep you and your family healthy!

Register HERE for Vitamin Masterclass.

Many blessings,

Dr. Jockers

VU Sponsors