Become a Patron!

Jimi's Daily Health Articles

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Darkest, Sneakiest Trap Treatment
You’ll Ever Find for Health Issues

When most people think of charcoal, they picture summer grills and smoky meat. But there’s another kind of charcoal – a natural treatment that traps the toxins and chemicals in your body and sends them down your toilet.

These two charcoals are completely different. The kind used in your barbecue is loaded with toxins and chemicals and should NOT be consumed. It’s made by heating wood or other organic materials together, in an oxygen-free environment.

The finished product is mostly comprised of carbon, and for cooking or heating it’s better than burning wood because it burns at higher temperatures and gives off very little smoke – perfect for the barbecue. It also takes up a lot less storage space than wood does.

The charcoal that you eat is something else. . .

Activated charcoal, also known as activated carbon, is taken by mouth to eliminate toxins from the body. It’s black, but is usually found as a fine, odorless powder.

As a medication, it’s used to treat poisoning that happens when you eat things you shouldn’t, such as certain medications, though it won’t help if someone ingests the more serious stuff, like arsenic or acids. It is sometimes used in cases of overdose, in situations where stomach pumping isn’t ideal.

But choosing the right antidotes for poisons is a complicated subject and not what we’re going to focus on today. I’m talking about using activated charcoal for the everyday poisons that kill you over a period of twenty or thirty years.

Activated charcoal is a natural way to clean out your body and rid it of these toxins and chemicals that build up over time. And that’s exactly the kind of useful thing you need to know if preventing or treating cancer is at the top of your agenda…

The world is already on board

Activated charcoal has been around since the 1900s. In early 19th century England, it was sold in the form of “charcoal biscuits” to help with flatulence and stomach problems.

Today, activated charcoal is found on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines, which comprises the most effective and safest medicines needed in a functioning health system. Medicinal charcoal is cheap, too – between 46 and 85 cents per dose.

Making it involves heating carbon-heavy materials, like coconut shells, sawdust, wood, or peat to extremely high temperatures. This process strips the raw material of previously absorbed molecules and frees up bonding sites so there’s room for toxins to attach.

The heating process also shrinks the size of the pores found in charcoal and makes more holes in each molecule. This increases the surface area of those molecules, again leaving more room for toxins to attach.

Most countries sell activated charcoal as an over-the-counter remedy, mainly recommended to treat gastrointestinal issues such as flatulence, diarrhea, and indigestion.

But more and more, activated charcoal is being recommended as a resource for people who are at risk of cancer or already have it. It’s been shown to help prevent diarrhea in cancer patients who’ve been prescribed irinotecan, a chemotherapy drug given by IV to treat small cell lung cancer and colon cancer. Diarrhea and vomiting are common side effects, which is where the activated charcoal helps.

Like sticky-fly paper for your stomach

Most people think activated charcoal absorbs the toxins in your body. In fact it uses a different process altogether, called adsorption. Here’s the difference:

Absorption occurs where things get soaked up and assimilated into the bloodstream.

Adsorption, in contrast, is a chemical reaction in which things bind to a surface.

And because activated charcoal has a negative electric charge, it attracts and bonds with positive-charged toxins and gas. The binding process generates heat, which is what gives rise to the “activation” step in activated charcoal.

The result is toxins in your body end up getting trapped – bonded to – these little nooks and crannies that exist throughout the activated charcoal. Then you eliminate the whole bundle when you go to the bathroom (warning: your stool will be black).

This appears to be what took place in a study that used activated charcoal together with with anticancer agents to treat 180 patients with stomach cancer. Detoxification wasn’t the main object of the study. Instead, the mixture of medicine and activated charcoal was used to selectively deliver anticancer agents to participants’ lymphatic systems, to see if the charcoal could act as a carrier material for the task. It did, and the results were excellent.

In another study, this one published in Integrative Cancer Therapies, activated charcoal was examined as a treatment for chemoradiotherapy-associated mucositis (inflammation of the mucous membranes of the digestive tract). It appeared to help significantly with chemotherapy-induced diarrhea.

Black ice cream is a no-go, but these other ideas are good

If you take activated charcoal, you need to drink plenty of water – ideally 12-16 glasses per day (phew!) That gets the charcoal and the toxins flushed out of your body quicker and helps prevent constipation.

Activated charcoal has several other uses as well. For starters, it’s growing in popularity as a natural teeth whitener. No doubt black toothpaste is a little unsettling at first, but from we’ve been able to learn it works well.

Activated charcoal also helps to filter water by trapping toxins like pesticides, industrial waste, and other chemicals. (Note that it won’t trap viruses or bacteria.)

It’s even said to be a great treatment for acne or insect bites because – the same way it does inside your body -- activated charcoal binds with poisons and toxins that cause skin problems and bite reactions.

You can find the product in capsule or powder form pretty much wherever supplements are sold. I don’t have any opinion about the various brands.

The major side effects to worry about are constipation, or in extremely rare cases, a blockage in your intestinal tract. But that’s not likely to happen if you stick to the recommended dosage. You also need to note any potential reactions with other drugs you might be taking, so ask your doctor about that.

Like almost anything, this health remedy is occasionally taken too far. Some folks swear that putting activated charcoal in your cocktails will save you from the next morning’s hangover. Not true. It also doesn’t sound like an appetizing drink.

There’s even a trend toward activated charcoal ice cream (color: black) or eating bamboo-charcoal buns with your burgers. I think it’s more sensible to stick to the capsules, take them as directed, and see what it does for you.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Indeed.

Yes there is. I had to explain to my wife about the different reds in some beef. Some places use dyes, fillers to keep packed beef "fresh". I can spot which are dye packed from just plain old good and bloody.

Just be careful in relying on plant based protein. A human being still needs protein coming from animals. Seems that's the only way to get decent B complex of vitamins. Yes, you can get B supplements but the better and likely best way is from animals.

There's something to do with how it gets processed by another animal which helps our bodies in being able to use it. You need to keep I think it's B-12 up or you'll not be able to absorb nutrients well. Keep that going on and you'll starve your cells.

Yep, tried vegan for a little while and did a bit of looking stuff up to accommodate that.

My wizard friend was the son of a man that helped in building the NASA base in FL. He helped his dad and got to go up on the scaffolds as a rocket sat one morning for going out. He was/is a beautiful man with great power. The Native American called him Knife Hawk. He was something of a silver smith, knife maker.

When I first met him I reached out to shake his hand. On us clasping hands, realized I had to hug him. He was very much the sage old grandfatherly type, yet still a child at heart who saw the most smallest things here on earth as full of wonder. He taught me a lot regarding Native Americans. Once we went around a Pow Wow invisible. We got caught by one of the elders there. He told us we owed him. I wound up having to fill a small water tower from a creek.

He took me to a town in LA that was named Hell. In a greasy spoon there I had a cup of coffee, the spoon stood up in black tar & then turned green and melted into soupy drink. He was always "kidnapping" me from my dad so we could go out for day trips, or he could use me to help him clear some debts. I got used by a voodooin priestess to go through a part of a bayou gathering herbs. I was literally zombified, she would have no man know what she used for her spells. So I reckon in some way I could say yeah, I've cheated death twice.

I don't want to be a zombie again like that. It just leaves a person feeling kind of yucky for a bit afterwards. Then, the whole implication of being "used" like that is just a little off putting. I did it though at that point because my wizard friend asked me nicely. He did take me to an exorcism after that, not my own, a Catholic father had asked him for help and needed someone who could see spirits/demons. I was invited in & I think the old father appreciated the help. The young father with him seemed to not quite understand what was happening, he was too much of a "modern" person.

I don't hold that demons exist exactly, but I know evil does and yes there are beings that embody evil. And yes, you have to have your balls screwed on tight to fight them. Sorry but I know gals can have balls too. Saw my mom's, pretty brass ones she has. So yeah, hold on to 'em if you fight that evil. Better having some kind of friends too that eat monsters alive. Got the t-shirts. No, not bragging. I just lay out facts.

Yeah, still love my wizard friend. Miss us going out on our adventures. Reckon I could get in touch. He still watches out over me, I feel, know. :) He knows though I'm living life and he sees what I'm doing pulling in some slack. Excuse me, need to ...

You really have had an interesting life. You could dramatize these stories for a book, you know. It’s got a bit of everything!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I can not believe that I just saw an ad here on this thread, using Tapatalk no less, for “Roundup Glyphosate products” by Bayer, the trusted makers of aspirin and mustard gas! The ad says something like “tested and proven safe for 40 years!” The safety tests carried out by Monsanto? I’m really blown away.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You really have had an interesting life. You could dramatize these stories for a book, you know. It’s got a bit of everything!

A lot of my life, the situations are more dull than people like. My wizard friend was for intents and purposes just an average old fellow. Granted he had several degrees in engineering and enjoyed life. I met him and he was this unassuming, average old fellow.

We hit it off over Benny Goodman. Benny played as he sat and unpacked a Native American drum tube that contained a dancing outfit. He explained what the colors meant, how the outfit had to be made so nothing fell off. We sat for hours talking.

Finally his wife spoke up and mentioned everyone wanting dinner. He chuckled and went out on his porch, brought in the meat. We enjoyed a delicious stew and some cider. After dinner was over he told us the meat was bear that had soaked in wine. One of his customers had offered it to him as part of payment for a nicely made chocker.

To me he didn't seem the mystic he actually was. I knew it from my own "feeling" but otherwise would not have had a clue. After dinner we spoke more about Native Americans, big band jazz, combinations of folk music and how music itself was a language. Then, we had to leave. Two days later he shows up at my dad's and kidnapped me. We went to see one of his friends in the Seminole reservation of the swamp in FL. He had to drop off some silver work he had done for members of the tribe there.

For me this kind of stuff seems dull. You probably wouldn't be surprised though how many times I've heard, "you must be a fictional character." You're correct, I possibly could write these tales up with some dramatization. When I've lived through the truth of it though, and it just strikes me as dull living life, it's hard to put it into that other form. More so when I write it plain as fact and factual, then get told I'm "fictional". I stop wanting to bother sharing then. Why bother relating truth when your life is brushed aside as fiction? Kind of makes me wonder at times.

"Am I the butterfly dreaming I'm man, or the man dreaming I'm butterfly?" *grin*

I would guess I'm probably somewhere in between, seems that's my boon & bane in living. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
by Bayer, the trusted makers of aspirin and mustard gas!

And there's consideration that their aspirin caused more deaths with and during the Spanish Flu. They did not print any medical information for the aspirin. Gave the little tins full of aspirin to doctors, traveling salesmen, grocers, anybody walking on the street. "Pass out this good stuff. It'll help your headaches." With no dosage considerations marked and with the tins, people ate aspirin like candy. There's no way to separate the deaths by aspirin then from those of the actual Spanish Flu but it's believed the flu didn't kill nearly as many as was thought.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
3 Ways to reduce your chances of consuming GMO's
  • Look for the Non GMO Project seal of approval on foods you buy, especially processed foods. Another option is to buy foods that are certified organic, because GMOs are grown with chemicals and organic foods are not. This is especially helpful when you’re buying produce.
mail

• Shop at farmer’s markets. You’ll still want to ask how the produce you’re selecting was grown, but farmer’s markets are a great place to find fresh, locally grown food that’s been naturally ripened and grown responsibly. It’s also a great way to support local, organic farmers and keep them in business.
  • Grow your own! It might sound like something that’s not worth the effort, but simple container gardens that fit on your deck or apartment balcony can produce a surprising amount of fresh lettuce, herbs, tomatoes, carrots, and other treats. There’s nothing quite as good as a salad that you’ve grown yourself!
These are a few ideas to get you started. It might take a while to get the hang of it, but it’s very possible to reduce or even eliminate the amount of GMO food that you and your family consume.

Not only will you be healthier, but you also won’t be supporting Monsanto and their genetically modified empire. Fresh, organic, healthy food is worth the extra effort!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Popular Ingredient in Natural Products
Can Tackle Cancer, Too

During the past decade, medical researchers have finally begun waking up to the fact that a plant used in traditional medicine for more than 4,000 years can take on cancers that have stumped modern doctors.

When I looked at the latest research on neem’s anti-cancer effects, I found the topic is pretty hot.

The ancient medicine causing the stir comes from neem, a tree whose seeds, sap, leaves, roots, bark, fruit and flowers have long been a source of treatments in Ayurveda – India’s traditional medical system.

Neem is a mainstay of Ayurvedic practitioners. They use it to banish parasites, increase personal energy, ease arthritis, improve gum health, lower blood pressure and fight cancer. It has also been used as a contraceptive. (So if you’re pregnant, you should not use neem.)

These days in the U.S. you can find neem in natural toothpastes, soaps, shampoos, lip balm and more. I don’t think it’s as popular as an ingested remedy, but maybe that should change. . .

Let’s take a look. . .

For example, tests in Germany are looking at how a substance called nimbolide, extracted from neem seeds and leaves, can kill cancer cells that resist chemotherapy and other modern cancer drugs. According to the German scientists, analyses of nimbolide’s anti-cancer actions show it can:1,2

• Keep cancer cells from producing enzymes that negate the effects of anti-cancer drugs.
  • Fend off DNA damage that turns normal cells into cancer.
  • Prevent tumors from penetrating and invading organs.
  • Shut down cancer’s creation of a new blood supply that fuels tumor growth
  • Encourage the body to produce extra carcinogen detoxification enzymes that lower the risk of cancer beginning in the body.
The German researchers are trying to figure out the molecular mechanisms with which nimbolide kills off cancer cells that have become resistant to cancer drugs – cells that have become, as the researchers say, “multi-drug resistant” (MDR for short).

Most likely these drug-resistant cells are cancer stem cells, able to change their shape to outsmart chemotherapy drugs and (I suspect) some natural remedies, too.

So far, it seems MDR cancer cells haven’t figured out how to outsmart the neem extract.

In lab analyses, the German researchers have found that many of the cellular changes and mutations that cancer cells use to evade being killed by conventional drugs don’t work against nimbolide. Plus, when nimbolide is added to chemotherapy, say the investigators, it can increase the effectiveness of the chemotherapeutic agents in wiping out cancer cells.3

Helps beat pancreatic cancer

Meanwhile, studies at Texas Tech have examined how nimbolide can be used to stop pancreatic cancer.4 Similar to other natural treatments, nimbolide leaves normal cells unharmed while shutting down cancerous growths.

Here, too, studies show that nimbolide closes the door on cancer’s spread to other parts of the body – the process called metastasis. Nimbolide slowed it down by about 70 percent. That’s an important finding, because generally it’s not the primary tumor that kills a patient. Research shows that cancer metastases account for four out of five cancer deaths.

The Texas researchers also note that nimbolide increases apoptosis – programmed cell death – among pancreatic cancer cells by 80 percent. And the fact that people in India eat neem, says researcher Ramadevi Subramani, “suggests that using nimbolide for pancreatic cancer will not cause adverse effects like chemotherapy and radiation typically do.”

A pill for prostate cancer?

Other researchers have found that nimbolide may help in the fight against prostate cancer. Tests in Singapore indicate that the compound taken orally may shrink prostate tumors by 70 percent while slashing by half prostate cancer’s potential for spreading to other organs (so far these tests were performed on animals.)

According to researcher Gautam Sethi, “We have demonstrated that nimbolide can inhibit (prostate) tumor cell viability -- a cellular process that directly affects the ability of a cell to proliferate, grow, divide, or repair damaged cell components -- and induce programmed cell death in prostate cancer cells."

In these lab tests (again, I’m stressing, on animals), the scientists found that taking nimbolide pills could slow the growth of prostate cancer because the remedy restricts the activity of an enzyme that prostate cancer cells use to fight off oxidative stress and to then spread in the body.5

Dr. Subramani and his colleagues in Texas are also studying another neem compound called gedunin. While nimbolide is usually made from neem’s leaves and flowers, gedunin comes from neem’s seed oil.

Dr. Subramani’s tests show that gedunin restricts cancer growth by interfering with the signaling proteins that cancer cells release.6 These signals transfer information from each cell’s nucleus to its membrane. When gedunin disrupts this communication, cancer cells are more likely to die from apoptosis.

In addition, tests at the Georgia Regents University Cancer Center show that gedunin can stop cancer cells from “hijacking” protective chemicals – meant to protect normal proteins – for their own defense. These substances are called “molecular chaperones.” They usually function to keep a cell’s normal proteins intact, but cancer cells manage to turn them against us.

Gedunin, however, can put a stop to that. It disrupts these misguided chaperones and thereby causes cancer cells to once again destroy themselves via apoptosis.7

Helps immune cells

In another vein, researchers have uncovered characteristics of neem that lead them to believe it can be used to prevent cancer as well as treat it.

According to these studies, neem compounds can spur the immune system to be more vigilant in watching out for cancer cells that are just starting to grow. It identifies these cells and encourages the immune system to destroy them before they get out of control.

In one lab study, researchers found that giving neem leaf extracts to animals increased their supply of natural killer cells that have the ability to fend off melanoma.8

And as researchers in India point out, neem extracts seem to be particularly potent in improving and increasing the activity of immune cells generated by the spleen, an organ they call “one of the most pivotal organs involved in immune regulation.”9

The details are too involved for this article, but the researchers name a long list of cancer-fighting immune cells and immune system activities that neem mobilizes in the body to keep cancer from taking hold.

The more I read about neem, the more I’m astounded by its collection of health-boosting and anti-cancer compounds. It’s obvious that science has only scratched the surface of its benefits so far. As researchers point out, “The main relevant aspect of neem is its chemical complexity. The peculiar character of neem is the variability of the composition of its drugs and derived products.”10

And that variability should keep them busy ferreting out neem’s anti-cancer benefits for a long time.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Darkest, Sneakiest Trap Treatment
You’ll Ever Find for Health Issues

When most people think of charcoal, they picture summer grills and smoky meat. But there’s another kind of charcoal – a natural treatment that traps the toxins and chemicals in your body and sends them down your toilet.

These two charcoals are completely different. The kind used in your barbecue is loaded with toxins and chemicals and should NOT be consumed. It’s made by heating wood or other organic materials together, in an oxygen-free environment.

The finished product is mostly comprised of carbon, and for cooking or heating it’s better than burning wood because it burns at higher temperatures and gives off very little smoke – perfect for the barbecue. It also takes up a lot less storage space than wood does.

The charcoal that you eat is something else. . .

Activated charcoal, also known as activated carbon, is taken by mouth to eliminate toxins from the body. It’s black, but is usually found as a fine, odorless powder.

As a medication, it’s used to treat poisoning that happens when you eat things you shouldn’t, such as certain medications, though it won’t help if someone ingests the more serious stuff, like arsenic or acids. It is sometimes used in cases of overdose, in situations where stomach pumping isn’t ideal.

But choosing the right antidotes for poisons is a complicated subject and not what we’re going to focus on today. I’m talking about using activated charcoal for the everyday poisons that kill you over a period of twenty or thirty years.

Activated charcoal is a natural way to clean out your body and rid it of these toxins and chemicals that build up over time. And that’s exactly the kind of useful thing you need to know if preventing or treating cancer is at the top of your agenda…

The world is already on board

Activated charcoal has been around since the 1900s. In early 19th century England, it was sold in the form of “charcoal biscuits” to help with flatulence and stomach problems.

Today, activated charcoal is found on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines, which comprises the most effective and safest medicines needed in a functioning health system. Medicinal charcoal is cheap, too – between 46 and 85 cents per dose.

Making it involves heating carbon-heavy materials, like coconut shells, sawdust, wood, or peat to extremely high temperatures. This process strips the raw material of previously absorbed molecules and frees up bonding sites so there’s room for toxins to attach.

The heating process also shrinks the size of the pores found in charcoal and makes more holes in each molecule. This increases the surface area of those molecules, again leaving more room for toxins to attach.

Most countries sell activated charcoal as an over-the-counter remedy, mainly recommended to treat gastrointestinal issues such as flatulence, diarrhea, and indigestion.

But more and more, activated charcoal is being recommended as a resource for people who are at risk of cancer or already have it. It’s been shown to help prevent diarrhea in cancer patients who’ve been prescribed irinotecan, a chemotherapy drug given by IV to treat small cell lung cancer and colon cancer. Diarrhea and vomiting are common side effects, which is where the activated charcoal helps.

Like sticky-fly paper for your stomach

Most people think activated charcoal absorbs the toxins in your body. In fact it uses a different process altogether, called adsorption. Here’s the difference:

Absorption occurs where things get soaked up and assimilated into the bloodstream.

Adsorption, in contrast, is a chemical reaction in which things bind to a surface.

And because activated charcoal has a negative electric charge, it attracts and bonds with positive-charged toxins and gas. The binding process generates heat, which is what gives rise to the “activation” step in activated charcoal.

The result is toxins in your body end up getting trapped – bonded to – these little nooks and crannies that exist throughout the activated charcoal. Then you eliminate the whole bundle when you go to the bathroom (warning: your stool will be black).

This appears to be what took place in a study that used activated charcoal together with with anticancer agents to treat 180 patients with stomach cancer. Detoxification wasn’t the main object of the study. Instead, the mixture of medicine and activated charcoal was used to selectively deliver anticancer agents to participants’ lymphatic systems, to see if the charcoal could act as a carrier material for the task. It did, and the results were excellent.

In another study, this one published in Integrative Cancer Therapies, activated charcoal was examined as a treatment for chemoradiotherapy-associated mucositis (inflammation of the mucous membranes of the digestive tract). It appeared to help significantly with chemotherapy-induced diarrhea.

Black ice cream is a no-go, but these other ideas are good

If you take activated charcoal, you need to drink plenty of water – ideally 12-16 glasses per day (phew!) That gets the charcoal and the toxins flushed out of your body quicker and helps prevent constipation.

Activated charcoal has several other uses as well. For starters, it’s growing in popularity as a natural teeth whitener. No doubt black toothpaste is a little unsettling at first, but from we’ve been able to learn it works well.

Activated charcoal also helps to filter water by trapping toxins like pesticides, industrial waste, and other chemicals. (Note that it won’t trap viruses or bacteria.)

It’s even said to be a great treatment for acne or insect bites because – the same way it does inside your body -- activated charcoal binds with poisons and toxins that cause skin problems and bite reactions.

You can find the product in capsule or powder form pretty much wherever supplements are sold. I don’t have any opinion about the various brands.

The major side effects to worry about are constipation, or in extremely rare cases, a blockage in your intestinal tract. But that’s not likely to happen if you stick to the recommended dosage. You also need to note any potential reactions with other drugs you might be taking, so ask your doctor about that.

Like almost anything, this health remedy is occasionally taken too far. Some folks swear that putting activated charcoal in your cocktails will save you from the next morning’s hangover. Not true. It also doesn’t sound like an appetizing drink.

There’s even a trend toward activated charcoal ice cream (color: black) or eating bamboo-charcoal buns with your burgers. I think it’s more sensible to stick to the capsules, take them as directed, and see what it does for you.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How The Food Industry
Hooks You Into Getting Fat

Make no mistake: THEY want you fat because that means you’ve swallowed far too much of their unhealthy stuff.

They put sugar in foods (not just ice-cream, muffins and cookies, but meats, bread, drinks, “instant meals”, yoghurt and cheese) for just one reason: It’s ADDICTIVE! And they KNOW that. They know exactly what they are doing. The tobacco industry used the same chicanery to create addicts to their toxic filth.

We now know the tobacco industry acted criminally, deliberately and cynically, throwing away millions (possibly BILLIONS) of lives just to make money.

But we also know that the food industry—not to mention the big sugar manufacturing companies—are on the same track. They hired shill scientists to trash the reputation of good scientists and doctors, deliberately, wickedly and with false science set about discrediting those who exposed the health hazards of sugar. Brilliant scientists, like Professor John Yudkin, 40 years ago, ruined and flung on the scrap heap (we have all the documents now).

What did poor Yudkin do wrong? He published a book titled Pure, White and Deadly (I have a copy) in which he exposes the dangers of sugar. Sugar is the #1 reason behind the current epidemic of obesity and diabetes (diabesity).

mail

Forget high fat, low-fat, saturated fats, cholesterol and all the rest of the blather and hoo-ha. It’s SUGAR!

Do not listen to the bland reassurances of shill scientists on the payroll and media anchors, all bankrolled and wanting to keep their jobs, by doing as they are told: discredit honest doctors, fake the science, twist the facts, reassure the public a little sugar isn’t going to any real harm.

But it isn’t a little sugar. IT’S HUNDREDS OF POUNDS A YEAR. Over 150 lbs a year, on average, in the USA (about 3 lbs of sugar a week!) But that’s an average, some people eat very little sugar; that means some people are eating double the average!

[The Sugar Association, a phoney front group for the sugar industry, spews out all kinds of false statistics, and they say half these amounts. They lie!]

SUGAR IS HIGHLY INFLAMMATORY. Inflammation is the number one killer and is what shortens your life the most (forget telomeres, inflammation is the enemy).

But it isn’t just sugar. Remember all carbs break down to simple sugars in the body—even “complex carbs” despite what you are told about how healthy whole grains and complex carbs might be.

The thing is, as I headed a chapter in my unique compendium on The Ultimate Science of Weight Loss: The Food Industry Is Not On Your Side. But I am! I can lead you back to health in a surprisingly few steps, actually.

But it’s not just how much you eat, it’s mostly WHAT you eat.

And the mantra “eat less and exercize more” is proven completely false. It doesn’t work for most people. Even if you lose weight, it does NOT restore full health and does NOT block that horrible phenomenon of yo-yo dieting (working hard to get all the weight off and then it comes back again, faster then ever).

We now realize that the science of slimming and weight control is quite a bit more complex than calories-in vs. calories-out.
There are a host of factors that will trip you up, if you do not educate yourself about the issues. To learn the whole story and march back to abundant health, vitality and longevity, you could do not better than sign up for my incredible online symposium: The Ultimate Science Of Slimming Summit.

I have gathered together over 40 friends and experts and interviewed them FOR YOU. People as diverse as Joe Mercola, Stephen Sinatra, Professor Richard Johnson (fat switch man), professor Tim Noakes, a world-leader and my friend Greg Brown MD, professor of psychiatry here in Las Vegas. Oh yes! There is a definite psychological element to weight control. We all know it—but diet peddlers ignore it.

I squeezed all these experts hard, to make them cough up the ultimate secrets that you NEED to know—not just to lose weight but to re-take control of your health.

I have had a saying for over 40 years: YOU CANNOT BE OVERWEIGHT AND BE HEALTHY. It’s a myth. Those who claim they feel good have simply forgotten what it was like to have bursting energy and zest for life!

It’s all in my ULTIMATE SCIENCE OF SLIMMING SUMMIT the biggest and best online symposium you’ll ever attend, with the world’s greatest minds: 2 medical “rock stars” and 5 professors, plus a host of experienced clinicians and scientists.

The best news of all? It’s FREE!
If you are in a rush, you can buy a VIP ticket and get the lot for just a few dollars. That’s entirely up to you (not required).

But to find out more, go look at the online brochure I’ve arranged for you. You will want to do this, whether slow and sure or by grabbing the really very inexpensive VIP pass… it’s up to you.

Go here and come aboard.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your Brain Could Use a Pep Talk

The last time you faced a big challenge like interviewing for a job or giving a presentation, did you try to get yourself stoked with a little pep talk?

Good idea.

Many of us try to psych ourselves up before a performance, and now academic research shows it works for that application. . .and more: Studies show “self-talk” can be effective at getting your brain to work better in general.

On top of that, the research shows that certain self-talk techniques are more effective than others. Keep reading for the scoop. . .

According to researcher Mark Seery at the University of Buffalo, when you give yourself a pep talk, you can get the most bang for your buck by incorporating what he calls a “distanced perspective.”

What he means is you should talk to yourself as if you were another person providing advice. That outside point of view, even though it’s “pretend,” can enhance your self-induced confidence and increase the positive vibes you give off.

And his research shows that your pumped-up confidence can start by addressing yourself as “you” – saying something like, “You can do very well” rather than “I can do very well.” You can also address yourself in the third person, using your own name – “John is going to ace this interview.”

"It's a subtle difference in language, but previous work in other areas has shown this to make a difference,” says Dr. Seery.

Feel Better about Yourself

In his study, he assigned 133 people a short speech and, before giving the talk, he told them to think about their performance either in the first or third person.

The researchers found that contemplating their speeches in the third person made people feel more comfortable, competent and less endangered by being in the spotlight – and their performance reflected that self-comfort.1

"Self-distancing may promote approaching (important tasks) with confidence and experiencing them with challenge rather than threat," says Dr. Steery.

Move Faster

Other research shows that this type of self-distanced self-talk can also help improve your athletic performance. I suspect athletes do it a lot, and without being prompted by academic research.

But to prove the point, researchers at Bangor University in England tested how fast 16 cyclists could complete ten-kilometer time trials – pedaling as fast as they could to complete a 6.2 mile course. At one session, they gave themselves pep talks in the first person “I” while riding the course. At another session, they were instructed to call themselves “you.”

For 13 of the 16 bike riders, using the second person – addressing themselves with admonitions like “You can pedal harder! You can do this!” – improved their speed significantly. The researchers say this is evidence the pronouns matter when implementing self-talk to influence physical performance.”2

While You’re at It, Stand Up Straight

Want another tip for better brain performance and confidence?

Pay attention to your posture as you deliver your pep talk. Stand or sit up straight, don’t slump over.

According to a study at San Francisco State University, when your posture is sloppy and your shoulders sag, your brain performance and confidence sag, too.

In this investigation, the California researchers found that people could solve math problems more accurately if they sat up straight. Especially if they were nervous about their mathematical abilities.3

"For people who are anxious about math, posture makes a giant difference," says researcher Erik Peper. "The slumped-over position shuts them down and their brains do not work as well. They cannot think as clearly."

Truly amazing, the intangible things that can influence our brains.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

1 article 2 posts
Low Body Temperature Symptoms and Causes – And How to Treat It

mail
Temperature is an indicator of the amount of heat contained in a system and in the human body our temperature is an extension of basic body metabolism and a host of other factors. Heat is a form of energy and every reaction in a human body occurs at a certain energy or temperature level thus tracking well with cell voltage and pH.

It is essential for the normal functioning of the human body, that this internal temperature be maintained, that pH be regulated and cell voltage optimized. The core body temperature of a human body is an important factor, which is always why it should be considered while evaluating the health condition in a checkup.

An important difference between mammals, including humans and other organisms like a reptile are that we are warm blooded creatures. The body temperature of mammals is maintained at a constant level, despite the changes in environmental temperature.

Normal core temperatures are at the exact temperature at which all the functions of the human body can operate with optimal efficiency. The same can be said about pH because all physiological processes are pH sensitive.

Normally the rectal temperature or vaginal temperature is considered as the core temperature. The ideal core temperature is considered to be around 98.6° Degree Fahrenheit or 37° degree Celsius. This temperature is however, the average body temperature and the overall normal temperature varies from a minimum of 97.7° Fahrenheit (36.5° Celsius) to a maximum of almost 99.5° Fahrenheit (37.5° Celsius). Any temperature above or below this range is abnormal. At the ideal temperature, all human body systems function with maximum efficiency with oxygen being supplied in ample amounts because CO2 levels are optimized.

Causes of Low Body Temperature

Body temperature can fall due to numerous reasons .such as being exposed to cold weather or wearing soaked or wet clothing for a long time. On the other hand, abnormally low body temperature can also be a potential symptom of the following diseases and disorders:

Addison’s Disease

Diabetes

Drug/alcohol abuse

Hypothyroidism

Infection

Kidney failure

Liver failure

Sepsis

Side effects of medications

Shock

Fast Breathing/Asthma

Cancer

Stress

Insomnia

Common Symptoms

Shivering is one of the most obvious and easily recognizable symptoms. Shivering is accompanied with chattering of teeth and goose bumps. Apart from this the following symptoms are observed:

Slow heartbeat

Shallow breathing

Purple fingers and toes

Lack of coordination

Difficulty in making decisions

Slurred speech

Dilated pupils

Confusion

Drowsiness

Weak pulse

Tiredness

mail
One important factor that decides this temperature is the base metabolic rate of a body, which is the rate at which we burn calories and use up our energy stores. Other factors like administration of medications can also affect it, usually in a negative sense.

The control center for body temperature lies in the brain and it is known as the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus is alerted to either extreme cold or hot conditions reducing or opening blood flow towards the external layers of skin. Stress interferes with body temperature regulation driving down body temperature and its interesting the color green is warm and relates to the heart’s emotional center and the hypothalamus.

Changes in hand/foot temperature are a reflection of blood flow – a measure of the stress response. For example, while talking about an upsetting incident involving your parents, an employer/employee, or friend your temperature may drop 5_ to 20_. In contrast, when recalling a minor misunderstanding your temperature may only drop one degree. And yet, when you recall the warm sun on a recent vacation, your temperature may increase a full 10 %.

What is most surprising is how quickly the changes occur. People often comment, “I never had any idea that a little finger could show so much!”

The basic rule for interpreting temperature change is simple, Warmer hands/feet indicate Relaxation while Colder hands/feet reflect Activation or Tension. When the body’s fight/ flight system is activated the muscles tense, heart rate and the vital organs speed up. As a result, blood flow is shunted from the extremities and directed to the vital organs to facilitate the increased level of arousal. As a result, changes of 5, 10 or 15% can occur within just a few minutes.

Every process that goes on inside our bodies requires energy – specifically, metabolic energy. When the body does not have enough energy to function properly, each component of the body will malfunction in its own unique way. For example, if the brain has too little energy, thought processes such as memory and focus become impaired. The body needs energy to keep itself warm – a low body temperature, therefore, usually accompanies low metabolic energy.

Dr. David Jernigan says, “Much emphasis in conventional medicine is usually placed upon feverish conditions; however, a low body temperature can be a much more sinister condition. Where a fever can be viewed as an active developmental and corrective process of the healthy body, a low body temperature can never be viewed as a normal or healthy condition, nor is it a mechanism for a learning or developmental process in the body. The colder a body becomes, the slower the electrical oscillatory rate and therefore the thicker, more viscous, or syrupy the body fluids become. The more viscous the fluids become the more difficult it is for the body to push the fluids through the body. The lymph fluids that are normally supposed to bathe the outsides of all of your cells become progressively stagnant as it is too thick to move efficiently.”

“A low body temperature creates a happy home for viruses and chronic infections, and is a sign of degeneration and gradual cellular death. The problem with a low core temperature is that no effective immune response can be mounted therefore no fever is generated and infections go undetected. The sickest person is one who gets the same infections but never miss a day of work because there is no response by their immunes system, so they have a false sense of wellness as healthier individuals go through healthy fevers and immune responses that may cause them to miss work. Low body temperature is the plague of the 21st century. People with low body temperature have a weak reaction to even the most ideal medicines and therapies,” continues Jernigan.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Part 2
mail
http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/510528_3

What causes low metabolic energy? The most common cause is poor thyroid and/or adrenal function. Another very common cause is hormonal imbalance – especially low progesterone or estrogen dominance in women or low testosterone in men.

Dr. David Brownstein points out that body temperature is a crucial function of the thyroid, besides regulating the metabolism of every cell in the body. The thyroid gland is located in the neck and is responsible for secreting important hormones into the bloodstream. The thyroid gland controls the process of metabolism thus there is a direct relationship between low body temperature, thyroid function and iodine sufficiency. When the function of the thyroid is compromised by inadequate production of thyroid hormones, the metabolic balance moves at a slower pace and is unable to maintain its primary function – production of heat.

A normal temperature is critical for good health. Low body temperature results when the body is unable to keep the body "thermostat" regulated within a safe range. Under normal circumstances, the body is able to generate and dissipate heat. The internal mechanisms can overcome most outside adversities of freezing cold or broiling heat. Normally, this protective mechanism keeps your body temperature in the safe range in emergencies for maintaining life.

Chronic fatigue syndrome and low body temperatures are symptoms of mitochondrial failure. As the body’s core temperature decreases cellular energy also decreases thereby leading to profound and chronic fatigue that is not relieved by sleep. The normal functions of maintenance, repair and cleansing are slowed and problems develop when body temperatures drop below normal. When the body temperature is low, the body cannot maintain its homeostasis/balance in the way it was designed. The actions of enzymes, vitamins, minerals and essential body chemicals become "depressed".

The laws of thermodynamics state that if we decrease energy we decrease temperature. The process of energy production leads to heat. It is this heat that keeps the body warm. When resting, body processes produce enough heat to keep the body at its set temperature. This process of heat generation occurs due to metabolism. It is here that the relationship between low body temperature and thyroid comes into the picture.

Persistently low temperatures typically come on or worsen after severe stressors such as childbirth, divorce, death of a loved one, job or family stress, surgery or accidents. The body slows down and the body temperature drops in response to the stress and is supposed to recover once the stress is over, but sometimes it doesn’t. When .our temperature does not recover, this results in the condition Wilson’s Temperature Syndrome (WTS).

mail

Special Note: Much can be said about Iodine, thyroid conditions and low body temperature. I would recommend my book on Iodine and Dr. David Brownstein’s book on Thyroid Disorders and Iodine as well. Look for an upcoming essay which addresses specifically thyroid conditions and low body temperature. In addition to iodine supplementation, for thyroid and low body temperature issues, add a Biomat to warm the body directly.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And there's consideration that their aspirin caused more deaths with and during the Spanish Flu. They did not print any medical information for the aspirin. Gave the little tins full of aspirin to doctors, traveling salesmen, grocers, anybody walking on the street. "Pass out this good stuff. It'll help your headaches." With no dosage considerations marked and with the tins, people ate aspirin like candy. There's no way to separate the deaths by aspirin then from those of the actual Spanish Flu but it's believed the flu didn't kill nearly as many as was thought.

The sad thing is aspirin is a good pain killer and fever reducer, etc. They just never told anyone it might be harmful. Aspirin used to be a synonym for something harmless!
The Influenza epidemic was really messed up. They didn’t have any antibiotics, either. So many deaths!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The sad thing is aspirin is a good pain killer and fever reducer, etc. They just never told anyone it might be harmful. Aspirin used to be a synonym for something harmless!

Then you have something like this which continually is ignored,
denied by big pharmaceuticals. Funny at times how much the bad
gets discussed all night and day, the good only whispered now
and then.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Health thought for today:

“When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied.”

Last edited:

VU Sponsors