Become a Patron!

Jimi's Daily Health Articles

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Healing Soup Recipe

Ingredients

• 10 Cups Of Water
  • 5 Cups Vegetable Stock (Or Chicken Stock If You Prefer)
  • 6 Tbsp Coconut Oil / Butter
  • 3 Stalks Celery
  • 1 can Diced Tomatoes
  • 3 Cups French Lentils (dry)
  • 1 Yellow Onion
  • 1 Bunch Swiss Chard
  • 1 Butternut Squash
  • 3 Tbsp Curry Powder
  • 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
  • 2 Bay leafs
  • 1 sprig of fresh thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation:

1. Pour 10 cups of water and 5 cups of stock into a large pot, on medium heat.
  2. Dice celery and onion.
  3. Peel butternut squash, slice in half, remove seeds and pulp, and dice.
  4. Chop swiss chard into small strips.
  5. Rinse lentils and remove any stones.
  6. Add celery, onions, squash, chard, diced tomatoes, and lentils to pot of heating water.
  7. Add curry powder, thyme, salt, pepper, bayleaf, honey and coconut oil.
  8. Once the water begins to boil, bring the heat down to a simmer and cover the pot.
  9. Cook for 3 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
  10. Grab a bowl and spoon and eat up all the healing benefits this wonderful soup has to offer!
A little secret to make this soup even more delicious and nutritious:

Add a half-teaspoon of coconut oil and a pinch of crushed red pepper to each bowl after it is poured.

Stay curious,

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
6 Incredible Health Benefits of Cinnamon for Metabolism, the Brain and More!
In a hurry? Click here to read the Article Summary...
Reading Time: 6 minutes
Who doesn’t love the smell (and the taste) of cinnamon sprinkled on a holiday treat, in a coffee or tea, or used in potpourri? But did you know that cinnamon is also a wonder when it comes to the good it can provide for the body? Here is a rundown of six of the top health benefits of cinnamon – a spice that has actually been used for thousands of years for its vast health-promoting properties.

#1 – Cinnamon Is an Antioxidant Powerhouse
Cinnamon, usually seen in sticks or powder, comes from the bark of the Cinnamomum verum or Cinnamonum zeylanicum tree. It has been used in Asia and elsewhere for thousands of years, not just as a culinary additive but also for its many healing benefits for both body and mind.
Cinnamon.jpg

One way cinnamon is a super-healer is as an antioxidant. It contains cinnamaldehyde, one of the bioactive components of the spice. Cinnamaldehyde has free radical scavenging capabilities and can also chelate heavy metals from the body, according to a 2006 study at Lund University in Sweden [1].

Cinnamon may also help protect your body against cancer. A 2003 report in the journal Cancer Letters found that the antioxidant effects of cinnamaldehyde may directly inhibit tumor growth and protect DNA against mutation [2].

#2 – Cinnamon Can Aid in Pain Relief
Cinnamon’s pain-reducing effects have to do with the fact that it is also a powerful anti-inflammatory. Phytonutrients called flavonoids, including cinnamaldehyde, polyphenol, and many others, are what give cinnamon it’s bright color and fragrant smell.

Flavonoids are powerful antioxidants, as stated earlier, and help to lower inflammation overall.
edited.jpg
Several studies support cinnamon’s benefits as a pain reducer, both for acute pain [3], such as post-surgery or in the case of menstrual cramping, and for pain that is chronic, such as arthritis.

Japanese investigators writing for Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry suggest that cinnamon can ease rheumatoid arthritis by reducing the activity of overactive cells which contribute to bone loss [4].
Experts agree that one of the foundational elements of all health conditions is inflammation. Keeping that in mind, it is safe to say that the positive results of cinnamon’s anti-inflammatory effects are extensive and extend far beyond pain management.

#3 – Cinnamon for People with Diabetes
One of the most amazing and surprising health benefits of cinnamon is what it can do to help metabolism. A 2009 British study found that cinnamon has antihyperglycemic properties [5].

It is especially helpful for lowering blood sugar levels and improving insulin sensitivity, both of which are concerns for people with diabetes. Insulin is the hormone which transports sugar to the tissues through the bloodstream and helps keeps sugar levels balanced in the blood.

A 2013 meta-analysis [6] of previous laboratory studies and clinical trials conducted at Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, California, found that “(t)he consumption of cinnamon is associated with a statistically significant decrease in levels of fasting plasma glucose, total cholesterol, LDL-C, and triglyceride levels, and an increase in HDL-C levels.”
Ashwagandha-Lowers-Blood-Sugar-and-Insulin-Levels.jpg

Many experts say that cinnamon is one of the best foods for people with diabetes.

One of the ways it effects metabolism is through the digestive system. It has the ability to block certain digestive enzymes in the digestive tract and the pancreas, in turn slowing sugar absorption in the bloodstream. This can be very effective for people with diabetes, especially after a high-carbohydrate meal, according to a 2011 study [7].

#4 – Cinnamon Can Help Fight Infections
Did you know that cinnamon is also an antifungal? A 2012 Chinese investigation [8] studied cinnamon essential oil’s effect on the highly opportunistic fungi Candida albicans. Cinnamon extract seemed to destroy Candida’s cells. According to the researchers, the “cells burst after treatment.”
close-up-of-medical-research-scientists-looking-through-microscope-vertical.jpg

The Chinese researchers then moved forward on a clinical trial of cinnamon oil. Sixty patients who had been diagnosed with Candida (and had already taken rounds of antibiotics to no avail) took cinnamon oil capsules along with pogostemon (patchouli) oil. After two weeks, 72% were Candida-free!

The rest of the patients saw a significant reduction in the amount of Candida in their system based on stool samples.

Other studies have had the same results, including a 2018 Canadian experiment on cinnamon’s effects on Candida albicans published in the journal Fungal Biology and Biotechnology [9]. This makes cinnamon a strong go-to possibility for anyone wanting to reduce Candida the natural way.

#5 – Cinnamon is a Great Source of Magnesium
Current U.S. government surveys show that roughly 70% of the American population are moderately magnesium deficient and 20% are severely deficient [10].

Magnesium deficiency can be serious since this mineral is essential for so many functions in the body. It is a cofactor for hundreds of reactions, including nervous system communication.

Low levels of magnesium are also connected to higher levels of “C-Reactive Protein (CRP) [10].” CRP is a common marker used to assess general inflammation levels in the body, which can be an indication of more serious conditions such as cancer.

Some experts state that two teaspoons of cinnamon can provide 40% of a person’s recommended daily allowance of magnesium [12].

#6 – Cinnamon for Improved Brain Health
Finally, the most promising benefit of cinnamon for your health is as a brain booster. Scientists are discovering the myriad of ways in which cinnamon boosts cognition and stabilizes moods.
magnifying-glass-and-brain-model-on-white-background-hand-on-right.jpg

The first and most obvious way has to do with its antioxidant content. The flavonoids in cinnamon may be linked to defense against both Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.

Alzheimer’s is the number one neurological condition affecting older individuals in the western world; Parkinson’s comes in second [13]. Several studies are showing that cinnamon may be able to help.

Cinnamaldehyde and other phytonutrients in cinnamon bark have demonstrated an ability to block the build-up of proteins that are connected to Alzheimer’s, according to laboratory research at the University of California, Santa Barbara [14].

In addition, exciting discoveries began to develop in 2014 with researchers at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois [15]. Lead researcher Dr. Kalipada Pahan, PhD, and his team found that when cinnamon metabolizes in the body, it turns into sodium benzoate. Sodium benzoate is a known neuroprotectant and can help improve communication mechanisms within the brain.

“Cinnamon has been used widely as a spice throughout the world for centuries,” Pahan said in a Rush University press release [16]. “This could potentially be one of the safest approaches to halt disease progression in Parkinson’s patients.”

Give Cinnamon a Try and See for Yourself
Pahan states that the Ceylon form of cinnamon is potentially more effective for brain health, since Cassia cinnamon, which is most common in U.S. grocery stores, can contain substances that may affect the liver. The research team’s next move is to conduct clinical trials using Ceylon cinnamon extract on human Parkinson’s patients.

The bottom line is that cinnamon is more than just a tasty spice used to add flavor to your apple pie. In fact, it contains some pretty powerful substances that can benefit your health on so many levels, both body and mind.

If you are considering using larger quantities of cinnamon in capsule or essential oil form to address any health issues, be sure to work with a qualified health practitioner. And as with all foods and supplements meant to improve your health, look for the highest quality, clean-sourced products available.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why Shoppers Are Skipping The Chemicals and Choosing Organic:
Happy New Year! Last October we launched our Skip The Chemicals campaign and the response has been amazing. We collected thousands of comments during our Twitter parties and on our social channels using the hashtag #skipthechemicals. We have gathered the top five reasons shoppers are skipping the chemicals and choosing organic:

1. The number one reason shoppers wanted to skip the chemicals was to protect their health and prevent diseases associated with persistent pesticides used in conventional food production.
  2. The second most popular reason to skip the chemicals was to protect the environment most notably their neighborhood waterways, air quality and soil health. Also in this category were those concerned with climate change being associated to industrial agriculture and soil degredation.
  3. The third major reason to skip the chemicals was to protect wildlife that is being harmed by chemically-dependent food production. The main concerns in these comments were honeybees, butterflies, birds and all pollinators.
  4. The fourth most common comment made by shoppers for skipping the chemicals was to protect future generations from a toxic food supply.
  5. Our fifth popular concern for skipping the chemicals was to avoid GMOs, gene editing and prevent contamination of heirloom varieties.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My first post and interview for 2020 is with Annie Grace, bestselling author of This Naked Mind.

At age 35, Annie was a successful marketing executive with two young children... And she was drinking almost two bottles of wine per night.

That's when she realized she had a problem (Hello!)

After many failed attempts, Annie discovered a unique approach to conquering alcohol addiction, without the stigma, guilt, and shame of identifying as an "alcoholic" for life.

Annie's method is powerful and has helped thousands of people transform their lives and gain freedom from alcohol.

And she has a fascinating life story. She grew up in a one-room log cabin in Colorado without electricity or running water (in the 90's!)

You're gonna love Annie Grace and her story, and this interview will transform the way you think about alcohol and alcoholism. Enjoy!

Watch my interview with Annie Grace on How to Break Alcohol Addiction without Shame or Guilt

To your life and health!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did you here the news? The flu shot is ineffective again in 2020. No big surprise here, but many continue to inject themselves in hopes to protect themselves, not knowing that they are also getting a dose of the following chemicals and harmful substances:

1. Viruses
  2. Chicken egg (beware if you are allergic to them).
  3. Aluminum
  4. Thimersol (mercury)
  5. Formaldehyde
  6. Polysorbate
  7. Antibiotics (yes, you read that correctly -antibiotics)
Look, if you want to support your immune system in a natural way without the risk of getting the flu or suffering the consequences of the side effects of the vaccine there are some simple measures you can follow.

1. Get adequate sleep. Be asleep between 10 pm -2 am. This is when your body heals and repairs. Late bedtimes put your immune system at risk.
  2. Avoid processed and non organic foods. Many of the food additives and pesticides can suppress the immune system.
  3. Get as much sunshine as Winter will allow. Low levels of vitamin D are linked to an increase risk for Flu related illnesses.
In addition to the above, one of my favorite supplements to take during this time of the year

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you here the news? The flu shot is ineffective again in 2020. No big surprise here, but many continue to inject themselves in hopes to protect themselves, not knowing that they are also getting a dose of the following chemicals and harmful substances:

1. Viruses
  2. Chicken egg (beware if you are allergic to them).
  3. Aluminum
  4. Thimersol (mercury)
  5. Formaldehyde
  6. Polysorbate
  7. Antibiotics (yes, you read that correctly -antibiotics)
Look, if you want to support your immune system in a natural way without the risk of getting the flu or suffering the consequences of the side effects of the vaccine there are some simple measures you can follow.

1. Get adequate sleep. Be asleep between 10 pm -2 am. This is when your body heals and repairs. Late bedtimes put your immune system at risk.
  2. Avoid processed and non organic foods. Many of the food additives and pesticides can suppress the immune system.
  3. Get as much sunshine as Winter will allow. Low levels of vitamin D are linked to an increase risk for Flu related illnesses.
In addition to the above, one of my favorite supplements to take during this time of the year

My family just won’t stop with the shots. :crazy: And they think we’re nuts.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I Want to Tell You Why I Decided to Become the Alternative Doctor
Hi, it's Dr. Keith here again!

I'd like to tell you a little but more about myself, my philosophy and writings at Alternative-Doctor.com

For one thing, I'm a stickler for science--real science, not the phoney nonsense paid for by the pharmaceutical industry. Science (done properly) is a way we find out about our world; how we separate truth from delusion. Science is really a method, not a bunch of facts.

I'm saying this because most holistic practitioners are light on science; they seem to think their own opinions are just as valuable as the facts. I don't think so!

Of course, anyone can have opinions. I have them too! But I'm generally pretty consistent at stating when it's an opinion, so as not to fool you.

There is also another big difference between me and many other health writers: I've been at the leading edge as a clinician. I've been there, spent many hours with each individual patient, learned what really works and, naturally, got criticized by mainstream colleagues for sticking my neck out.

I've been attacked by so-called "holistic" practitioners too, for things like suggesting a cancer patient be allowed to make their own choice, whether to have chemo or not. To listen to the rantings of some of these self-appointed thought police, you'd think it was a deadly crime to go for chemo (I don't think it's the best choice but it is the patient's choice and nobody else's business).

When I read some books supposed to be about "alternative health", I shake my head. As someone who knows, from clinical experience, it's easy for me to spot those fakes whose "research" is just Googling other people's (incorrect) opinions and putting them on a blog or in an eBook.

In my day, I used to hear it said that people can't be allergic to foods. It was nonsense, of course. Just orthodox medicine and ignorance.

But there is just as much ignorance and bigotry among holistic fashion-followers: for example, those who declare that "raw milk is safe" and that nobody can possibly react to it or be made ill by it; it's "Nature's gift" and so on.

As someone who has seen tens of thousands of people made sick by milk, I know that statements like these are made by dreamers and fools, not knowledgeable health practitioners. They have an answer to that: it wasn't raw milk and if the sufferer had drunk raw milk, they wouldn't have been made sick. And I have an answer to that too, which is: B*S*!

Trust me, I tested only with organic, raw, non-pasteurized milk in my clinic and LOTS of people found it was causing their arthritis, eczema, migraines or whatever. Even infertility.

Cow's milk is NOT and never was a gift from Nature to human offspring. It's for calves, with a totally different 4-stomach digestive system!

In fact I can quote you something the raw milk lobby doesn't even know, because they don't want their cherished opinions threatened by mere facts. Back in the 17th century, a man called Robert Burton (1577-1640) wrote a book called The Anatomy Of Melancholy. It's still in print at some universities. Burton described, quite capably, the bad effects of milk on health and realized it made many people sick and depressed.

That's back in the days when there was ONLY raw un-pasteurized milk. Today the awful effects of milk are being missed, because everybody drinks it or cooks with it, all the time!

You see, that's where I differ from the herd. I know quite a lot more than they do, about quite a lot of things. Why? Because I have made it my lifelong business to be informed, armed with real information, and not just follow along with fads and silly fashions, even "holistic" silly fashions!

You get the point. If you want good, informative stuff, told with a certain sense of humor, you'll enjoy what I send out (maybe not everything; but who can please all of the people all of the time?)

To Your Health!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Future Of Medicine is THIS
The journal Scientific American called it “the medicine of the future”. Their cover (March 2015) said Bioelectronic medicine (microcurrent therapy) could create an “off switch” for arthritis, diabetes, even cancer!

I christened it “Star Trek Medicine” in one of my books (Virtual Medicine 1999), later expanded into Medicine Beyond (2015), which takes the story to a whole new level.

It’s Medicine Greatest Revolution, since anesthetics and antibiotics!

What was once an amazing spin-off development from the Russian space program has now become a whole new branch of medicine, taught in universities, community medical centers, used by NFL teams and doctors and healers world wide.

It’s bioelectronic modulation, otherwise known as micro-current therapy (MCT) and one of the biggest restorative and healing approaches EVER. In the right hands it outstrips all other electronic devices—Beemer, Rife machines, MORA machines, EPFX and Scio—because it’s real and relies in standard biology and physics, nothing woo-woo.

Think of it as calling up an on-board brain pharmacy, where your own body generates the most needed healing substances (neurotransmitters), then you’ve just about got it!

It heals infections, wounds, clears pain, calms inflammation, restores function and does countless almost miraculous things, in fact. It has saved amputations on multiple occasions. One simple hand-held device has been used to defibrillate a heart (no “Clear!” or danger of shocks).

I used one such device to heal my son’s ankle: he’s a chef and slipped on a greasy floor, causing a fracture RIGHT THROUGH HIS ANKLE; but instead of months, it was healed and the plaster cast off in just 3 weeks!

You can learn more about this miracle healer in an upcoming webinar (details below).

One of the outstanding functions of an MCT device is to do what we call vagus nerve stimulation. What’s that?

The vagus nerve (old name, the splanchnic nerve) is part of the autonomic nervous system and covers all our gut and other organs, such as heart beat, spleen, kidneys, bladder, liver and sex organs. It primary action is to induce what we call the parasympathetic state, meaning calm and relaxation.

It’s sleep, rest, digest, the exact opposite of the well-known flight or fight response, which is the sympathetic “alarm” response when danger is present.

mail

Better than that: the vagus nerve quenches inflammation. Inflammation means fire, it’s hot and it’s damaging. So to calm that down is very healing (diabetes, Alzheimer’s, most heart disease, strokes, arthritis and autoimmune diseases have an inflammatory basis. Even cancer spreads by inflaming tissues nearby, which then can’t resist).

Inflammation is bad news. Therefore vagus nerve stimulation is good news!

That’s why GlaxoSmithKline sank $50 million into developing ways to achieve this. They are not stupid. They could see the way this is going.

They want to sell a small electronic implant which will be surgically implanted into a person’s neck, and clamped round the vagus nerve, into which it will fire signals that lead to calming

The cost will be absurd. The patient will have to undergo this ordeal every few years, to replace the electronic device. There will be scar tissues, which is inflammation in its won right! And all this, because they can charge $25,000 to $40,000

But we can do it quickly and easily, non-invasively: no surgery, no need to break the skin even. We do it with a remarkable, hand-held MCT device called the Avazzia.

It really is a bit of magic. Remember the famous saying of Arthur C. Clark: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

So, I hope I have whetted your appetite and that you want to know more about what this amazing family of devices can do.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Blundering Incompetence Disguised as Science
Reversing diabetes is easy. What’s the big deal? Money of course. Over half the population of the developed world is overweight, obese (pre-diabetic) and/or diabetic. It’s all a problem forced on us by stupid (read faked) science that was served up in favor of the food industry and Big Pharma: if we can get people overeating by habit, getting fat and developing insulin resistance, we can make a bunch of money! They die sooner than otherwise but while they are alive we get to sell insulin products, glucose control drugs, pain pills for the ensuing inflammation and a bunch of other good earners...

Doctors too make a bundle from all the office visits (because none of this garbage works as claimed). And the food industry sells mountains of sugary, flavored, super-sized junk that is not worthy of the name food. Hey, doctors even tell patient they need to eat a LOT of plasticized foodstuff (carbohydrate “lines”, as it’s called).

There are over 400 million people, worldwide caught in this trap.[1] Wow, what a racket! It puts The Mob and the Sinaloa Drug Cartel to shame! Because all this killing and robbery is quite legal and is even supposed to be “scientific”!

But not any more. The game is over. If you have diabetes and your doctor doesn’t tell you to lose weight, using keto and intermittent fasting, sue him or her for gross malpractice!

The science is in. Only the dodos and crooks that believe in the racket argue about it. “We need more tests” is a favorite one. “We can’t use the word reversal,” is another. I’ve even read, “Diet isn’t the answer.”

Type 2 diabetes has an undeserved reputation as an intractable, progressive disease that will require full medication and careful monitoring for the rest of the patient’s life. That’s nonsense. We’re talking here about gross mismanagement of the problem by ignorant doctors, to the point where it causes accelerated aging and early death.

People go blind; there’s heart damage; kidney damage; and worse: legs get amputated. And you know what? Getting your A1C down and using drugs to “control” your blood sugar doesn’t stop the progressive damage. It’s gonna get you!

But what doctor is honest and would say to you: “Look, I don’t know much about diabetes. But I’m going to mismanage it for you, ruin your health and vitality, and put you early in your grave. Is that OK with you?”

We don’t want to “manage” and “control” diabetes. We want diabetes GONE!

The truth is, despite the relentless TV advertizing about A1C levels, with a few simple moves you can be off all your meds and in good health in as little as four weeks. I was doing this as long ago as the 1980s. Today there are thousands of holistic practitioners who will attest to the value of the natural method of diabetes control.

What Does Science Say?

Item #1. Native people’s who live the Stone Age lifestyle, or close to it are never overweight or obese.

mail

Item #2. Our ancestors ate on the edge of starvation. They would frequently have to go several days without much food. That’s our “natural state”. It’s called intermittent fasting. It's HEALTHY!

Item #3. Carbohydrates don’t feature much in the hunter-gatherer’s diet (fruit in a short season; honey very occasionally). Carbs are killer foods that only entered Man’s daily eating pattern with the development ofcivilization and farming methods. Carbs are also highly inflammatory.

Item #4. It’s not just about obesity and type 2 diabetes. This crazy lifestyle that’s been forced on the population is highly inflammatory, meaning accelerated aging. It messes with blood fats to the point of being dangerous. Heart attacks and strokes have risen exponentially. You keep reading heart attack is the number one killer (just ahead ofcancer), right?

But have you been told these two killer diseases didn’t really feature until just around 100 years ago? No? Well, I’m telling you know. These are 20th century health problems. According to a marvelous study of Victorian lifestyle and eating habits, cancer was a very rare disease mid-19th century. One doctor described lung cancer to his students as “… one of the rarer forms of a rare disease. You may probably pass the rest of your student’s life without seeing another example of it.”[2]

Today, lung cancer is the commonest cancer of all worldwide and most often fatal.

UK Victorians, by the way, ate more calories than us but were much more active. They also ate a VERY LOW CARB DIET! They were healthy and, apart from horrendous childhood mortality, if they made it to adulthood, were more than likely to reach their three score years and ten (70 plus).

What put an end to their healthy, vigorous lives? Sugar, the universal 20th century “addiction”.

mail

Now read on…

Item #5. Type 2 diabetes is a condition of INSULIN RESISTANCE. Anyone 20 lbs. overweight or more has a degree of insulin resistance: fact. You need to understand this. Taking on too much sugar is a health problem for two reasons:

• Excess sugar is converted to fat, leading to obesity
  • High blood glucose levels demand more and more insulin, to try and keep it down. So insulin levels go HIGH. But after a while it stops working due to sheer overload and misuse. So: high insulin levels and no good result = insulin resistance.
Item #6. High insulin levels are a problem, because insulin is highly inflammatory in and of itself. High insulin levels set off a chain of inflammatory events that will soon put you in your grave. In fact measurement of a person’s fasting insulin level has been suggested as the number one marker for death due to all causes (not just diabetes). Wow! Did your doctor explain about insulin resistance to you? No? I’m not surprised, because the average doctor knows nothing about it or why it’s so deadly.

Item #7. Cancer is primarily a disease of inflammation (that’s why changing your diet and detoxing is so effective. It tunes down the inflammation, to give your immune system chance to fight back).

According to a 2002 paper in the prestigious journal Nature: “Recent data have expanded the concept that inflammation is a critical component of tumor progression. Many cancers arise from sites of infection, chronic irritation and inflammation. It is now becoming clear that the tumor microenvironment, which is largely orchestrated by inflammatory cells, is an indispensable participant in the neoplastic process, fostering proliferation, survival and migration.”[3]

As I remarked at the start, diabetes and obesity (insulin resistance) are a very big problem, worldwide. And it’s getting worse. That’s because idiot (or criminal) scientists INSIST that we need to eat 60% of our calories as carbohydrates.

The truth, I can tell you, is that anything more than 10% is dangerous. That means no grains and no sugar in your diet. Fat is back (fat never went away for those who understand true health). At least 40% of your calories should be fat. Those of you pushing for keto, fat should be at least 60%, and 70% gives better keto results.

Studies Studies Studies

OK, I’m sure I shocked some of you. I get cantankerous and angry about this needless misery and all these unnecessary deaths. But I’m right. Let’s look at a couple of studies that are gaining attention for a dietary approach to sending type 2 diabetes into remission.

In late 2017, researchers for the Diabetes Remission Clinical Trial (DiRECT) reported findings in the Lancet from 298 people diagnosed with type 2 diabetes within the past 6 years and not receiving insulin. One half of the patients were randomized to be treated under current best practice guidelines, and the other half to undergo an intensive weight management program.

After 1 year, 24% of participants in the diet group experienced weight loss 15 kg (35 lbs) or more and, of these, a staggering 86% achieved remission of their diabetes, compared with 4% in the control group.[4]

This remarkable study was followed by another analysis that showed similarly encouraging results in a cohort of 349 patients diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Patients received either usual care (87 patients) or a low-carbohydrate diet (262 patients). Unlike in DiRECT, patients were allowed to take insulin at study onset (30% in the low-carbohydrate group and 46% in the usual care group).

After 1 year, patients in the “usual care” group had no significant changes in study biomarkers. But 60% of those in the low-carbohydrate group achieved an A1C level < 6.5 (normal) while taking no diabetes medications or metformin only. 60% is AMAZING. No drug can come even close to that kind of response. Drugs come to market, described as “scientifically-proven” with only 2% benefit over a placebo!

But blood sugar control was not the only improvement in the diet group: there was also a 12% average weight loss, 24% reduction in triglyceride level, 18% increase in HDL “good” cholesterol level, and 39% reduction in C-reactive protein level (main measure of body-wide inflammation).

AND: there was an amazing 94% rate of reduction or outright cessation of insulin use in the diet group.

You will hear more and more of the game-changing Virta study.[5]

I advise you to live by its wisdom and avoid sugar and grains completely! Go really hungry once in a while. And lose weight.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Top Oil Consumed in US Linked to Anxiety, Depression, Alzheimer's, More

Soybean oil is the top oil consumed in the United States.

It is used extensively in premade and processed foods found in grocery stores and used by restaurants.

And it may cause significant negative genetic changes in the brain, affecting conditions like Alzheimer's, anxiety, depression, and autism.

This is according to a new study out of the University of California, Riverside published January 8 in Endocrinology.

This is the same research team who, in 2015, found that soybean oil may induce obesity, diabetes, insulin resistance, and fatty liver.

In this study, the researchers looked at the brains of mice fed either regular soybean oil, genetically-modified low-linoleic acid soybean oil, or coconut oil.

The soybean oil, regardless of linoleic-acid levels, had a pronounced effect on the hypothalamus, which strongly suggests a similar negative effect in humans.

Your hypothalamus is key to your nervous system and hormones, regulating emotions and your response to stress, regulating body weight, maintaining temperature, and more.

Hypothalamus issues are linked to Alzheimer's and other brain disorders.

Furthermore, the researchers discovered the soybean oil affected over 100 genes.

This includes the gene responsible for creating oxytocin, the hormone responsible for feelings of empathy, for keeping anxiety and depression at bay, and more.

The researchers note that these findings only apply to soybean oil -- not to other soybean products.

"If there's one message I want people to take away," said Poonamjot Deol, lead author of the study, "it's this: reduce consumption of soybean oil."

VU Sponsors