Become a Patron!

Jimi's Daily Health Articles

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Boost Your Heart Health with the Benefits of Bergamot
Have you heard of bergamot? Scientifically known as Citrus bergamia, the fruit resembles an orange and even has an orange-blossom scent in the wild. It gives Earl Grey tea its distinct aroma. The smell is so lovely that it is used as an essential oil to lower anxiety and sooth signs of depression common to seasonal affective disorder.

Containing powerful antioxidants and with extensive antimicrobial properties, the total body wellness benefits of bergamot are going to blow you away!
mail

Bergamot naturally…

• Lowers LDL cholesterol and triglycerides
  • Raises HDL cholesterol
  • Slows the signs and effects of aging
  • Protects against endothelium (arterial lining) dysfunction
  • Lowers inflammation throughout the entire body
  • Restores liver function
  • Reverses non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
  • Stimulates fat burning
  • Controls and reverses metabolic syndrome
  • Regulates blood sugar to help prevent insulin resistance and diabetes
Packed with incredible polyphenols, every part of the bergamot is used! The peel, the oil, and the juice are all great for your entire body. It is the ideal nutraceutical! That's right, the nutrition from this unassuming little fruit does the job of pharmaceuticals (without the awful side effects).

Bergamot Benefits Instead of Statin Use!
Statin drugs used to lower cholesterol – which aren't doing anything in the battle against heart disease (the number one killer in the world) – are truly bad for you. They may lower blood fats (indiscriminately) but they beat the rest of your body up in the process.

I've made it very clear for years that cholesterol is not the boogeyman when it comes to heart disease but it's not a popular position to take. Statin drugs continue to outsell every other medication and clinical trials that prove why this is dangerous are buried or discredited quickly.

I'm not telling you to go off statins prescribed to you by your doctor but you should ask questions, talk about taking a lower dose, or even ask your doctor if there are natural ways to lower dangerous cholesterol without taking statins. See what he or she tells you!

If they are like the majority of healthcare professionals, they'll make light of the dangers, point at your cholesterol as the primary risk for heart attack or stroke, and send you on your way with your latest statin prescription.

A vicious cycle that has done nothing to lower the rate of heart disease around the world.

Since most doctors will gloss over the side effects of statins or tell you that the occurrences are "rare," allow me to tell you what they likely will not.

Statin use has been linked to…

• Muscular deterioration and muscle pain (including the heart muscle)
  • Neuropathy (nerve damage) that may be permanent
  • Damage to the liver
  • Damage to kidneys to the point of complete kidney failure
  • Spikes in blood glucose that increase your risk of diabetes
  • Impaired brain cognition in regards to memory, motor skills, and problem solving
  • Inability to synthesize coenzyme-Q10 (CoQ10) – a critical nutrient for heart health
The time has come to take control of your health. Beyond 70, I take complete health of my body very seriously – especially my heart. As a doctor, I'm something of a skeptic when it comes to supplements. I take very few myself so when I tell you I started taking bergamot in tablet form and never plan to stop, it's because I personally believe in it!

I've felt the results. I demand full potency, no fillers, and 100% natural products to put them into my body. After all, it is the only one I will ever have!

There will be many bergamot supplements cropping up in the next few years but I'll stick with the one I trust. The supplement I take is created from a specific variety of the fruit grown in Calabria, Italy. The tablets are less expensive than the juice made from the imported fruit!

Bergamot doesn't make it difficult for your body to break down medications or cause interactions. The only side effect reported by some users from this amazing fruit supplement is mild indigestion, while others profess that it aids digestion.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,

I've got something really cool to share with you today.

Last week, my friend and Taoist Grandmaster, Pedram Shojai, showed me a powerful secret to calm your mind and tap into the infinite life-force energy that surrounds you. This might sound a little "out there" to some, but there are things you simply need to experience for yourself to fully understand... Give this exercise a try and let us know what you think!

I can honestly say that as Pedram walked me through the practice in the video below, I lost track of time, became powerfully connected to my body and felt a surge of energy throughout my system.

Click here to check out the video, and be prepared to have an experience!

Stay curious,

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
mail

Struggling to Sleep without Booze? Eastern Secrets Inside

If you’re worried and you can’t sleep…

Have a nightcap to unwind! Take some cough medicine. Eat a second helping. Pace the hallway. Squeeze your eyes shut. Give your social media one final scroll.

Right?

For a need that all humanity has in common, there are some pretty common misconceptions about sleep, how to get it, and what it looks like when it’s healthy. And frankly, most of the advice is Western-leaning.

Let’s clear a few things up right out of the gate.

1. You can’t catch up on sleep. If you get two hours one night, and ten hours the next night, it doesn’t even out.
  2. Drinking alcohol before bed means that the alcohol is metabolized through the night and will reduce your REM sleep (or rapid eye movement).
  3. Counting sheep actually prolongs your journey to slumberland.

Nearly a third of all Americans sleep less than six hours per night. The other huge contributing factor is how busy most of our lives are. Sleep is the place most people feel comfortable cutting corners.

And it’s an enormous mistake.

Our toxic relationship with sleep is a Western malady. Perhaps the solution ought not be a Western one.

You see, in traditional Chinese medical physiology, everything falls into one of two categories: yin and yang qi (or energy). Yang energy is characterized by physical exertion, logical analysis, ambition, stress, etc. Yang energy rules your waking self.

Yin energy is the opposite — it’s responsible for our emotional selves, intuition, creativity, sleep, softness, and darkness.

So to activate powerful and restful sleep, you have to perform a delicate clutch shift from the yang energy of the daytime to the yin energy of the nighttime.

Here’s what Eastern practices recommend…

Eating More Yin (Cooling Foods)

According to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), undersleeping is associated with a yin deficiency, just as sleeping too much would be point to a yang deficiency.

If your diet contains too many “yang” foods - like spicy food, alcohol, caffeine, and sweets - it’s likely that your liver is overwhelmed with yang energy.

Introduce more “yin” foods into your daily diet. Yin foods have a high water content, like cucumber, watermelon, tofu, watercress, bananas, carrots, cabbage, star fruit, crab, duck, and more.

Trouble sleeping suggests an energy imbalance. Restore the balance.

Chrysanthemum tea

Made from the leaves of the flower, chrysanthemum tea is a common floral remedy in TCM. They do all kinds of things - promote circulation, preserve energy, clear wind and heat, cool the body, and drive toxins out of the body.

Chrysanthemum tea can be a very powerful sleep aid, as it dissipates heat and encourages cooling in the liver and the rest of the body.

It’s very effective in tea form, which means your only responsibility is to have it in the house, and use it when you need it. Make sure that you’re sourcing your teas from organic and certified tea vendors. Avoid buying tea bags contained in plastic wrapping, for example, and opt instead for loose leaf tea that you can brew with hot water.

Acupressure Massages

Although acupuncture itself can be a very useful tool in dealing with insomnia, not everyone can afford it, nor is it a practical solution at the moment of sleeplessness.

However, the lessons of acupuncture can be applied at home. For example, there is a pressure point right behind your ear, called anmian, or “peaceful sleep.”

You can find it about an inch behind your lobe, between your ear the base of your skull. There’s a slight depression there, and if you gently massage it in a circular motion (about 100 times), you should find yourself in a more relaxed space and better able to fall asleep.

Hot Water Foot Soak

Most people should be able to do this in a pinch.

Here’s the idea: When you can’t sleep, you’re overstimulated. Whether the imbalance of energy is located in the liver, the heart, or the brain, you’ve got to find a way to deplete the yang energy in the body and encourage the yin.

Helping the blood flow away from the brain can be a game-changer. Soaking your feet and lower legs in hot water expands the blood vessels and draws blood away from the top half of your body.

You can even add ginger powder to your soak to promote yang energy if you’d like. And when you can feel yourself sweating slightly, that’s an indication that the qi channels in the body have become unblocked.

Nothing is a foolproof method.

Just like in Western medicine, sometimes different methods help some more than others.

If chrysanthemum tea doesn’t work for you, it’s possible soaking your feet in hot water will! Try your best not to become discouraged.

As with anything in our lives, intention and patience make the difference. Learn how your body responds to external forces.

And sleep tight!

It’s cool the way this guy uses TCM. It’s interesting. Thanks, Jimi.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi, it's Wendy.

At 5pm PST/ 8pm EST today I will be doing a webinar with a very urgent warning and announcement about the coronavirus COVID-19 and what you need to know!

Last week I attempted this webinar and Facebook shockingly BLOCKED the Facebook live. I am appalled at this health censorship. That's why so many of you tried to join and were not able to.

I have been researching this for weeks, talking to everyone I can and reading the research and studies. I haven't slept much.

This is an urgent message that you need to hear. I cannot emphasize this enough.

Here are things I will be discussing:

• How big can the outbreak be?
  • Symptoms of coronavirus COVID-19 infection
  • How to protect yourself from the coronavirus
  • Supplements that strengthen immunity
  • How EMF is increasing the spread of the virus
  • What to do to prepare - Why you want to stock up on supplies for several months
  • What worries me more than the coronavirus
  • Download my free Coronavirus Preparedness Checklist
Register for the webinar by clicking here.

LIVE Q & A - After my talk, I will be answering your questions live, so make sure you tune in!

To a More Toxin-Free Life,

mail

P.S. If you can't make it tonight — that's OK! You'll get an email the following day with the replay link!

VU Sponsors