Become a Patron!

Jimi's Daily Health Articles

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Trump announces anti-malaria drug is APPROVED to treat coronavirus - but has to walk back the good news after FDA head says it is only green lit for 'compassionate use' in some patients
  • President Trump said in a Thursday press conference that the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine had been FDA-approved to treat coronavirus patients
  • FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn corrected him, noting that the drug has only been approved for 'compassionate use' so its effects can be studied
  • The 50-year-old drug is already approved to treat malaria and some forms of arthritis but has side effects like eye damage and bizarre, disturbing dreams
  • In a French study, half of 36 coronavirus patients given the drug recovered entirely
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...ti-malarial-drug-treat-coronavirus-Trump.html

This is the drug discussed in a couple of the Med Cram vids I posted. And has a similar action to Quercetin.

Quercetin helped a lot when I got whichever flu around Thanksgiving. It cleared up my congestion, eased the sinus pain etc. It’s very helpful, imho.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nature Has An Answer To Everything!
Among country people, like my family on the farm, there was always a saying: the cure grows next to the poison. It seemed true! Dock leaves always grew near nettles and were the perfect antidote to nettle stings. Jewel Weed grows near poison ivy and is a good antidote to its poisonous leaves.

Taken overall, nature has a remedy for everything.

There is one particularly fine remedy from Italy I want to talk about. Now, no jokes about being the antidote to pasta! It is, actually, the perfect antidote to metabolic syndrome: cholesterol, blood sugar control and obesity. Since those are caused or made worse by pastas, pastries, and pizza, there is a kind of synchronicity that is amusing.

It’s called bergamot and the very BEST bergamot is grown only in the extreme south of Italy, in a region called Calabria. It’s a citrus fruit; in other words, related to oranges and lemons.

Bergamot fruit (Citrus bergamia)

What Does It Do?

Well, I’d take it instead of statins for a start. Bergamot is LOADED with lots of fine healthy plant substances called polyphenols, which include super-healthy flavonoids. These are the tools that get the job done.

There are seven major flavonoids in Bergamot:

Naringin, which is anti-inflammatory, antihypertensive, reduces LDL cholesterol, reduces abdominal fat and regenerates human cells.

Neohesperidin is another beaut: it’s a powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, liver protective and also relieves osteoarthritis.

Buteridin lowers blood fats (like statins are supposed to do but without the side effects of statins).

Melitidin actually lowers cholesterol and is basically like plant-statins! (again, without dangerous side-effect)

There are 3 other flavonoids. Are you getting this? Bergamot is one helluva fruit for cardiovascular and metabolic health!

Now the thing is, as usual, you can buy cheap junk versions of anything on Amazon. They label it bergamot, but it’s not worth the shipping, never mind the cost of goods. But there is one absolutely sure way of knowing what you are getting: it’s called the BP Fraction, or BPF. That stands for “Bergamot-derived polyphenol fraction” and it tells you what strength the ingredients are.

Now I can’t stop sellers lying and producing fake documents but the truth of the BPF you are looking for is that it is certified by the Instituto del Bergamotta in Italy. If you are not confident the certificate is genuine, don’t buy the stuff!

The MAXIMUM strength anyone can get up to, to date, is 47% BPF. And it so happens my Dr. Keith’s Own® Physician’s Strength Bergamot is that very same 47% BPF quality. Nobody in the world can come close to this, because the Instituto only sells to those I buy from!

So if you are looking to solve any of the following issues (and more):

• Hardening of the arteries
  • Diabetes
  • Heart attack
  • Kidney disease
  • Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
  • Cardiovascular disease
Consider this very fine addition to whatever treatment your doctor is prescribing. Nature does it better than drugs ever do!

Go here to read more.
mail
I just got through making about a dozen jars of bergamont marmalade...

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Inspiration for Your Week
Conversations, songs, relationships, love, reading, self-care, and hope will not be cancelled. May we lean in to the good stuff that remains.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It’s really important that you take radical responsibility over your mind and health right now. When the collective consciousness is in fear, you get to stand strong in the vision of what you are wanting to create in your life, your health and the world at large.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Inspiration for Your Week
Conversations, songs, relationships, love, reading, self-care, and hope will not be cancelled. May we lean in to the good stuff that remains.

Well, we’ve got the conversation and music part down!! And the love, hope and friendship too. :hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
big money to be made in the funeral home business.
but who will come to funerals?

and will we have a coffin shortage?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are You Ready To Feel Great In Your Body?
Have you tried every diet out there, but are still struggling with your weight?

Are you sick of fads that leave you unsatisfied and even worse off than you were before?

Do you yearn to feel good in your own skin?

Maybe you've tried to lose some weight, only for the scale to creep back up. Why does this keep happening? I understand how frustrating it is to be on the yo-yo dieting rollercoaster and feeling deflated about your efforts.

That’s why I was so excited when my friend Suzanne Healy, a functional nutrition and weight loss coach, invited me to be an expert in her series: Secrets of Sustainable Weight Loss: Become Your Ideal Body & Feel Comfortable in Your Own Skin.

Throughout the series of video interviews, you will learn practical tips and tools from a variety of experts on how to:

• Lose weight—without depriving yourself!
  • Overcome the hidden stressors that stop you from losing weight
  • Find the foods that will work for you and your unique needs & body
  • Get your mind on board with your body to maximize your health
  • Conquer food cravings and stop emotional eating
Register for free here.
mail

So many of us don’t feel comfortable or confident in our clothes or our bodies. We’re trying to be healthy, but it’s hard giving up your favorite foods.

Imagine being able to lose the extra weight—without deprivation. What would it be like to become your ideal body and feel great in the process? You deserve to live your life feeling great in your body—every day!

Join me and 14 health and weight loss experts to help you live your best life and become your ideal body.

Register for free here.

To Your Good Health,

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vitamin D Deficiency Causes Menopausal Back Pain

When Meg Mathews, creator of MegsMenopause.com, experienced menopause around age 50, she reported: "My joints were so inflamed; I used to be able to get up and do a downward dog, but I was walking to the bathroom like an old lady. It was taking my body a lot longer to wake up."

A study from the Department of Spinal Surgery, Shanghai East Hospital, in Shanghai, China, published in the journal Menopause echoes her observations about the relationship between menopause and loss of flexibility and pain.

Special: This Toxic Vegetable Is the #1 Danger in Your Diet

It found that 13% of the women in the study, average age 65, were severely deficient of vitamin D, and that a vitamin D concentration below 10 ng/mL was a marker of severe lower back pain and lumbar disc degeneration.

So, if you're premenopausal or menopausal and are experiencing lower back pain, ask your doc about getting a blood test for low D.

• If you're deficient, you may take 2,000 IU of D3 a day until levels normalize, and then take what your doctor says will keeps your level between 35 to 80ng/mL.

• Get retested regularly.

• Don't smoke or gain weight.

• Enjoy vitamin D-rich foods like salmon (3 ounces has more than 450 IUs), mushrooms, and D-enriched soy products.

• Ask about bone-strength-protecting hormone replacement, taken with a low-dose aspirin twice a day and started within five years of your last period, and continued for no more than 10 years.

VU Sponsors