Become a Patron!

Joms Mini Lite

Can't get my vape pen to work. Just put in new coil, tighten the screws, but nothing. Fully charged, too. Haven't found much info on the Mini Lite. Thanks!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is it the jomo?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A Jomo? You mean this guy? Lmao. Sorry. Was the first thing that popped in my head
4a43a6c7f468516e66ff3b5d178541c2.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes....my mistake!
Did you try a separate coil? Could be a dud.
I've never used one so I'm just spitballing here.

Usually the issue is the coil is dead.
Do you have anything else that you can screw onto it to check and make sure the mod is firing?
Also, check to see if the 510 pin on the mod is stuck. Try prying it up with a screwdriver.

Only other thing I can think of is if an oring or grommet separating the 510 of the atomizer is torn and it is shorting

Does the mod give you a resistance readout ?

Wow! Thanks for the help! You are talking way over my head. I just bought the coil, but guess it could be bad anyway. Will try to pry the pin though. Not sure what the oring or grommet is! Can you tell I am new at this!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow! Thanks for the help! You are talking way over my head. I just bought the coil, but guess it could be bad anyway. Will try to pry the pin though. Not sure what the oring or grommet is! Can you tell I am new at this!

Try looking on YT for a vid on that mod. By seeing it, it should help you figure it out.

Did you just buy this pen? Was the coil installed in the tank when you got it? And did it work out of the box at all?

Will.check out YT tomorrow. I bought the pen about 6 months ago, and it working fine. Yes, worked right out of the box and the coil was inserted into the unit..

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Try looking on YT for a vid on that mod.

Hugo. :) De nada.

rda.jpg

Just a quick example photo here. The o-rings/grommets are black lines on the atomizer base above. They're usually circular hence called O-rings, most often made from silicone and/or rubber. They're used to keep top caps on decks, seal atomizers from juice (to keep juice from getting out of tanks), fit in drip tips. O-rings are used in a variety of applications, hoses, motors scuba gear to name just a few off hand.

Below is an image of a 510 grommet, the kind below is made from harder material, possibly derlin or another form of plastic. Some are made again from rubber/silicone and tear or get cut from twisting. That can cause a coil to short out. 510 pin and positive pin are interchangeable terms in most cases of vaping, though you still may find some gear having 810 pins or attachment threading. In principle though it is still the same, a positive contact pin.

KMG-Imports-Vape-What-is-a-510-connector-and-why-you-should-care-male-connector-graphic.jpg

If I keep this up, I might wind up becoming a a vape shop employee. Ha! :)

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you mmm

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Will.check out YT tomorrow. I bought the pen about 6 months ago, and it working fine. Yes, worked right out of the box and the coil was inserted into the unit..

It could be that the coil isn’t screwed in tightly enough. Or that’s it’s too tight. I had it happen with one of my tanks. Try unscrewing the coil, and screwing it back in. Hopefully it will work. Good luck!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

rda.jpg

Just a quick example photo here. The o-rings/grommets are black lines on the atomizer base above. They're usually circular hence called O-rings, most often made from silicone and/or rubber. They're used to keep top caps on decks, seal atomizers from juice (to keep juice from getting out of tanks), fit in drip tips. O-rings are used in a variety of applications, hoses, motors scuba gear to name just a few off hand.

Below is an image of a 510 grommet, the kind below is made from harder material, possibly derlin or another form of plastic. Some are made again from rubber/silicone and tear or get cut from twisting. That can cause a coil to short out. 510 pin and positive pin are interchangeable terms in most cases of vaping, though you still may find some gear having 810 pins or attachment threading. In principle though it is still the same, a positive contact pin.

KMG-Imports-Vape-What-is-a-510-connector-and-why-you-should-care-male-connector-graphic.jpg

That’s for an RDA, I think. :hug anyway: lol

It could be that the coil isn’t screwed in tightly enough. Or that’s it’s too tight. I had it happen with one of my tanks. Try unscrewing the coil, and screwing it back in. Hopefully it will work. Good luck!

rda.jpg

rda.jpg

Try looking on YT for a vid on that mod. By seeing it, it should help you figure it out.

Did you just buy this pen? Was the coil installed in the tank when you got it? And did it work out of the box at all?

rda.jpg

rda.jpg

Did you try a separate coil? Could be a dud.
I've never used one so I'm just spitballing here.

Usually the issue is the coil is dead.
Do you have anything else that you can screw onto it to check and make sure the mod is firing?
Also, check to see if the 510 pin on the mod is stuck. Try prying it up with a screwdriver.

Only other thing I can think of is if an oring or grommet separating the 510 of the atomizer is torn and it is shorting

Does the mod give you a resistance readout ?

Really appreciate all the help. The pictures are perfect...I am going to work on it tomorrow. I will let you know what happens! Thank you!!!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

A "tank" is just an RDA with the added capacity of a reservoir. There's not generally much difference. As I've said lots of other times one could use a sardine tin to hold batteries and call it a mod, use a thimble with a coil in it and call it an RDA. I can show you roughly what that looks like too.

Here's the sardine tin.

5683100-3.jpg

Here's the thimble.

7396900-16.jpg

My "tank" is the soft PET or silicone bottle in the sardine tin which I squonk/squeeze to get juice up into the thimble (RDA). That "tank" holds about 9.5 ml as you need to account for the tubing displacing juice. The silicone bottles only hold about 7.5 ml.

I've currently got the Gorge RDA over on that new Topside Lite sardine tin with a brain box. I'm using the mod in squonk form. Could easily put a "standard" 510 pin into the Gorge and use the whole kit as a plain old dripping kit. I like squonking though. *chuckles* I'm liking dripping as well. I don't care too much for actual "tanks" RDTA.

I used the old Evod style of tanks once.

1983200-5.jpg

Here's how the o-rings laid out on them.

1983200-2.jpg

There's two on the base unit and two on the assembly unit externally. There's also a grommet made of silicone internally in the assembly unit. The assembly unit houses the coil and wick. The "chimney" of the assembly unit fits up into the "chimney" inside the tank which is what you draw on externally.

These were called Evod style because Kanger came out with tanks like them and called them evods. It's a play with the word dove. That's dove the bird not dove into the pool. Smok then made a "transitional" RDTA which it released as the TDux 4, which was simply them "refining" the ARO over into a full on RDTA.

These evod style tanks used what are called micro-coils. The coils might have a 0.50 mm inner diameter, possibly 1 mm. My point is the coils are quite tiny and difficult for fumbling fingers, arthritics and those with nerve damage to use. Making the coils for these was easy but putting them into place, and putting in wick was a p.i.t.a. Whereas using macro-coils having inner diameters of 2 to 4 mm is a lot easier to handle, no pun intended.

1985005-4.jpg

I used all of these and Ego style batteries, an Innokin MVP box mod, Itazte stick batteries. They just were not satisfying my vaping exploration. I was continuing to dual use, cigarettes and vaping. A friend kept nudging me toward squonking, mechanical mods, RDAs. I kept resisting and putting it off.

Now, I'm so glad I quit resisting and fell into the "dark side". :) I use mechanical mods about 95% of the time, RDA about that too. I have 1 actual serious regulated mod, the Topside Lite. I'm not sure I'll keep it. I just don't care for regulated devices for quite a few reasons I think are good ones.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
A "tank" is just an RDA with the added capacity of a reservoir. There's not generally much difference. As I've said lots of other times one could use a sardine tin to hold batteries and call it a mod, use a thimble with a coil in it and call it an RDA. I can show you roughly what that looks like too.

Here's the sardine tin.

5683100-3.jpg

Here's the thimble.

7396900-16.jpg

My "tank" is the soft PET or silicone bottle in the sardine tin which I squonk/squeeze to get juice up into the thimble (RDA). That "tank" holds about 9.5 ml as you need to account for the tubing displacing juice. The silicone bottles only hold about 7.5 ml.

I've currently got the Gorge RDA over on that new Topside Lite sardine tin with a brain box. I'm using the mod in squonk form. Could easily put a "standard" 510 pin into the Gorge and use the whole kit as a plain old dripping kit. I like squonking though. *chuckles* I'm liking dripping as well. I don't care too much for actual "tanks" RDTA.

I used the old Evod style of tanks once.

1983200-5.jpg

Here's how the o-rings laid out on them.

1983200-2.jpg

There's two on the base unit and two on the assembly unit externally. There's also a grommet made of silicone internally in the assembly unit. The assembly unit houses the coil and wick. The "chimney" of the assembly unit fits up into the "chimney" inside the tank which is what you draw on externally.

These were called Evod style because Kanger came out with tanks like them and called them evods. It's a play with the word dove. That's dove the bird not dove into the pool. Smok then made a "transitional" RDTA which it released as the TDux 4, which was simply them "refining" the ARO over into a full on RDTA.

These evod style tanks used what are called micro-coils. The coils might have a 0.50 mm inner diameter, possibly 1 mm. My point is the coils are quite tiny and difficult for fumbling fingers, arthritics and those with nerve damage to use. Making the coils for these was easy but putting them into place, and putting in wick was a p.i.t.a. Whereas using macro-coils having inner diameters of 2 to 4 mm is a lot easier to handle, no pun intended.

1985005-4.jpg

I used all of these and Ego style batteries, an Innokin MVP box mod, Itazte stick batteries. They just were not satisfying my vaping exploration. I was continuing to dual use, cigarettes and vaping. A friend kept nudging me toward squonking, mechanical mods, RDAs. I kept resisting and putting it off.

Now, I'm so glad I quit resisting and fell into the "dark side". :) I use mechanical mods about 95% of the time, RDA about that too. I have 1 actual serious regulated mod, the Topside Lite. I'm not sure I'll keep it. I just don't care for regulated devices for quite a few reasons I think are good ones.

Blech, I tried Evods six years ago. And VV mods. It didn’t do it for me, either. I went back to smoking. Of course, juice being $30 for 30ml didn’t help either. Because I was dual using, I thought it was too expensive! And cigs weren’t $14 a pack then.

For now, I’ll stick with the semi mechanical mods. I won’t have to worry if it’s laying down on my couch or whatever! Less electronics to break, but protected enough for me to relax. Not a bullet proof vapageddon solution, but pretty good imho.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Blech, I tried Evods six years ago. And VV mods. It didn’t do it for me, either. I went back to smoking. Of course, juice being $30 for 30ml didn’t help either.

I may have once, paid over $0.25 per ml for juice, because it was whiskey flavored (premium) from a B&M shop. Simply set that as the most I was willing to pay per ml. Once I learned the little DIY I know, have come to not desire paying over $0.10 per ml but will still pay $0.15 per ml for something "special".

Once you get a bunch of flavorings and set up you can run juice around $0.05 per ml for cost to make. I used to not believe that figure but someone explained how they got to it once, and yes mixing in bulk works out a lot better. I just don't mix bulk so get lucky I'm not spending more than $0.60 per 10 ml bottle. Which for me is a nominal cost.

I might use 40 to 60 ml per month, call it 50 ml. So 600 ml annually. That's going to be $360 annually for juice. Last I checked name brand Reds were $60 per carton here. I might go through 2 cartons monthly. $120 monthly is $1,440 annually. So vaping is saving me roughly $1,080 annually, even if I do spend a little more than I think I ought to on it.

It's likely I'm saving much more as the cost of living keeps rising, cost of cigarettes along with that. I'm also saving on back-end medical costs as well to a degree. Still have trouble with blood pressure. Figure I'm just tightly a strung person to not face that. Trouble with arthritis/gout now apparently, need to eat more fruit & veg, less meats. Need exercise some as well, have been a bit a time. Of course, got pain management to fickle over. *sighs* But I'm relatively, healthy. I've stopped having fits of randomly punching myself, so that's good. :)

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Nothing worked on my pen. Trashed it! Not worth all the work...I'll buy something else. Thanks for all your help!

Sometimes that happens. If you enjoyed vaping and/or want to quit smoking, don’t give up. Help is here if you need it!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -- Ronald Reagan

Hmm, and now that we’re in a plague situation, it’s really scary imho.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, and now that we’re in a plague situation, it’s really scary imho.

It could be part and parcel of a Hegelian dialectic. Those in power use the Hegelian dialectic via using (problem, reaction, solution) all the time. They have solutions for nearly everything. Their synthesis devices allow them to maintain power.

1. Create a scary bogey man. (problem/antithesis)
2. Know the public will react with fear, just as you want. (reaction/thesis)
3. Sweep in and offer a way to avoid the bogey man. (solution/synthesis)

Don't tell the public part of the solution means you take away rights/privileges. Don't tell them you'll force them to accept diet A over diet B. Get them rallied up to go to, nay demand to have, an illegal war. The dialectic gets reduced to a binary choice as is evident in the quote below.

We will starve terrorists of funding, turn them one against another, drive them from place to place, until there is no refuge or no rest. And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.

So a likely scenario could be "you either take the vaccine, or go to jail" regarding the current "problem" of this nasty virus. What may not be revealed is what the vaccine contains or will entail for those getting it. Not saying that I know for sure such would be nefarious, malicious in nature, but I do know there is a very high likelihood of that.

Why not use the "opportunity" this "tragedy" offers and slip in some chemical sterilization, maybe more cancer agents, possibly give a dose of something which requires continued use? My point is there's all kinds of possibilities and probabilities. None of what I think may come to pass, all of it might. I'm not going to speculate farther because that's all it is, speculation.

Another probability to consider. "Oh we need to ban all import of vaping products. After all China originated this virus, we can't be too sure if anything is infected or not." And yes, I could see that as part of the synthesis offered. Again though, I'm speculating, anyone can speculate. It's more difficult to speak Truth, speak hard fact.

Excuse me, ruminating with all the doom and gloom kind of frustrates me. I don't feel afraid, no, I get pissed off that people are trying to use fear as a weapon. I get pissed off because so often those in power use it so effectively all whilst chiding us to not fear. I'm done playing this game of chess. Stop the clock! *gets up, walks away not looking back*

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It could be part and parcel of a Hegelian dialectic. Those in power use the Hegelian dialectic via using (problem, reaction, solution) all the time. They have solutions for nearly everything. Their synthesis devices allow them to maintain power.

1. Create a scary bogey man. (problem/antithesis)
2. Know the public will react with fear, just as you want. (reaction/thesis)
3. Sweep in and offer a way to avoid the bogey man. (solution/synthesis)

Don't tell the public part of the solution means you take away rights/privileges. Don't tell them you'll force them to accept diet A over diet B. Get them rallied up to go to, nay demand to have, an illegal war. The dialectic gets reduced to a binary choice as is evident in the quote below.

So a likely scenario could be "you either take the vaccine, or go to jail" regarding the current "problem" of this nasty virus. What may not be revealed is what the vaccine contains or will entail for those getting it. Not saying that I know for sure such would be nefarious, malicious in nature, but I do know there is a very high likelihood of that.

Why not use the "opportunity" this "tragedy" offers and slip in some chemical sterilization, maybe more cancer agents, possibly give a dose of something which requires continued use? My point is there's all kinds of possibilities and probabilities. None of what I think may come to pass, all of it might. I'm not going to speculate farther because that's all it is, speculation.

Another probability to consider. "Oh we need to ban all import of vaping products. After all China originated this virus, we can't be too sure if anything is infected or not." And yes, I could see that as part of the synthesis offered. Again though, I'm speculating, anyone can speculate. It's more difficult to speak Truth, speak hard fact.

Excuse me, ruminating with all the doom and gloom kind of frustrates me. I don't feel afraid, no, I get pissed off that people are trying to use fear as a weapon. I get pissed off because so often those in power use it so effectively all whilst chiding us to not fear. I'm done playing this game of chess. Stop the clock! *gets up, walks away not looking back*

On a lighter note, I’d no idea this thread was an “ask an expert” one. :teehee: Not sure I’d have offered any help, if I’d been aware of that.

I wouldn’t be surprised if shots are being readied.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On a lighter note, I’d no idea this thread was an “ask an expert” one. :teehee: Not sure I’d have offered any help, if I’d been aware of that.

I wouldn’t be surprised if shots are being readied.

Well, not sure of expectations what with it being a fee and public open forum. People ask for free advice. To some degree people try helping. It's all that can be done.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If ya put the battery in upside down It won't work...
{{ did that once and would be danged if i could figure it out ...DEN it dawned on me}}
turned da battery around and worked like a million bucks..

Last edited:

VU Sponsors