Joyetech c2 atomizer burnt, metallic taste

mordor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello

Yes another day another problem. My old atomizer was leaking a little bit and thats why I've ordered a pack of c2 atomizers for my ecom-c. I used hot water before using the new atomizer. After washing and waiting for an hour i added 2-3 drops of liquid in center. But its been 10 hours and i mostly get metalic taste. I switched back to old one and its miles better than the new one. However this time when i vape with my old atomizer, the ending of my vaping give a little rust shot to my throat. My liquids are fine by the way.
I forgot to mention that my battery has a problem. Sometimes it goes 1 hour sometimes 20 mins and then shuts off.
Is this a battery related problem or atomizer? Should i try other atomizers.

What do you think it is?

mordor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just now, i switched from 10w to 7.7w and i have less metalic shot (almost none) with old one.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would suggest you use a blow drier to dry your atomizer, cool setting, to make sure you get all the water out of it, when the water gets warm it will create condensation and can rust/corrode parts that are not well made. Don't wash the coil heads you will get water stuck in them, killing them as soon as it starts to vape, by creating the whole rusting effect. My suggestion, get a kanger or an Aspire, much better reputation and performance. Only an opinion.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What ohm are your coils rated at?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You could have a short in connection, I have a few old Joytech 510s and the failure point was always the connection pin to the atty.
It might just need a light cleaning with some qitips. They do get pretty gunky.

I have had zero luck with the canister coils JT puts out, to me they always taste like a dry 510 hit. or machine oil.

mordor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All parts of ecom-c had a hot bath by the way. Not the battery of course

mordor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would suggest you use a blow drier to dry your atomizer, cool setting, to make sure you get all the water out of it, when the water gets warm it will create condensation and can rust/corrode parts that are not well made. Don't wash the coil heads you will get water stuck in them, killing them as soon as it starts to vape, by creating the whole rusting effect. My suggestion, get a kanger or an Aspire, much better reputation and performance. Only an opinion.

Well, I also have evic supreme. I have bad luck with joyetech i believe

mordor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My old atomizer was leaking a bit but that was it. No metalic taste. Now even with my old one i get what i deserve :D

I think i should have a throat surgery.

More voltage more metalic taste.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hello

Yes another day another problem. My old atomizer was leaking a little bit and thats why I've ordered a pack of c2 atomizers for my ecom-c. I used hot water before using the new atomizer. After washing and waiting for an hour i added 2-3 drops of liquid in center. But its been 10 hours and i mostly get metalic taste. I switched back to old one and its miles better than the new one. However this time when i vape with my old atomizer, the ending of my vaping give a little rust shot to my throat. My liquids are fine by the way.
I forgot to mention that my battery has a problem. Sometimes it goes 1 hour sometimes 20 mins and then shuts off.
Is this a battery related problem or atomizer? Should i try other atomizers.

What do you think it is?
2.4ohm at 7.7watts can easily produce this burnt/metallic taste if it's a cheap atty... also any moisture that is still in there from the wash. I dry mine a min of 24 hours after washing.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There is still a chimney the very top part where the spike is.. you can pul that off and allow it to dry.
I dug out the packets of the canister style coils for my old ego ts and they are rusty in the machine oil, unopened.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
There is still a chimney the very top part where the spike is.. you can pul that off and allow it to dry.
I dug out the packets of the canister style coils for my old ego ts and they are rusty in the machine oil, unopened.
YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raccoon_picture_cute_8_zps9775493b.jpg

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have an eMode I got as an xmas gift. It uses the C2 coil heads which are crap in my opinion. Dry scratchy hits were the norm for this head, I opened up the juice holes on an atomizer head with a carto punch, just a little bit and the dry hits went away. I use a protank on it now and it works just fine.

mordor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried another atomizer from the pack but i washed it and left it to dry.

Yes joyetech sucks. c2 coils sucks too. Or at least i got no luck with them. If you could tell me a good e cig i would be really happy. People suggested me to start with kangertech evod and innokin iclear set.

I liked ecom-c's fresh full vapor. It has adjustable woltage which is between 5.5W and 10W. 10W is ok with me. No need for 30w.

VU Sponsors