Joyetech Cuboid Problems & Quality Control Issues

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Why, yes: Yes, they do:
(emphasis added)
As previously noted: No plastic currently known to man comes even close to the hardness of even plain old glass (which is somewhere shy of 1100), much less an enhanced material such as Gorilla Glass ®. As such: It is inconceivable that the VF Classic's bezel is "a lot closer to GG" than plastic. If you're lucky it may be high-grade polycarbonate treated with an anti-scratch treatment such as (optionally) available for polycarbonate eyeglass lenses. Anybody who's ever owned a pair of those knows just how "scratch-resistant" they're not.

This is silly. I'm not going to argue it any more.
Well, it's like another member pmed about you and a handful of others here. You guys go around talking shit about mods you know nothing about. Mods you have never held and have no intention of purchasing. Go out and spend some money, actually buy a mod then maybe people here will actually take you seriously. Until then let's try to keep the noise down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Black one from gearbest and a grey one from vaporbeast. Ended up paying around $28.00 for both istick 100w tc's. Got some LG hg2's ready when they get here.

HD
That is very cool, let me know how you like it once you get it.

I've fondled the Smok r200 and r80 at my LVS and IMO, the build quality seemed fine. However, the menu system is one giant cluster fuck. That's the only thing stopping me from getting one as I loved the form factor on the R200.
Exactly the R200 is a nice piece of hardware that is well designed and built, the software is crappy, if they only invest the time to make a proper firmware for it it would be excellent.

treated with an anti-scratch treatment such as (optionally) available for polycarbonate eyeglass lenses. Anybody who's ever owned a pair of those knows just how "scratch-resistant" they're not.
That is impossible either, the scratch resistance coating is very expensive and complex process, a lens without the coating costs about 1/4 of a lens with the coating, so the coating is actually many times more expensive than the material itself and i do not see Wismec doing that for a mod, and yes i could scratch an "anti-scratch" Poly lens with a paper tissue if wiped firmly!, i do not even wipe my lenses to clean them to avoid micro-scratches even with the super expensive coating in place.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You guys go around talking shit about mods you know nothing about. Mods you have never held and have no intention of purchasing.
While I do not own a Smok R200 or an istick
my Cuboid has got to be better than anything Smok could possibly make.
it's cheap because it's Smok. Smok makes janky shit.

------------------------------------------

Go out and spend some money
they will never see another dime from me.

------------------------------------------

let's try to keep the noise down.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's like a Deuces Greatest Hits. Love it.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's like a Deuces Greatest Hits. Love it.

Just thought to make a conversation between you and yourself, i am not sure if that a multiple personality disorder (MPD) or you are just not taking your own advice :D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just thought to make a conversation between you and yourself, i am not sure if that a multiple personality disorder (MPD) or you are just not taking your own advice :D
Hey, when it's just you and me in the conversation I'd rather just speak to the smartest person, ME. Lol

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, when it's just you and me in the conversation I'd rather just speak to the smartest person, ME. Lol

"like another member pmed about you", the smartest person does not go around like a sales person asking people to buy stuff, Like one has to buy a product to confirm what one can clearly see from the photographs and infer from reason, and then not taking your own advice for it, then Smfh and Lmao in the midst of an objective conversation for no apparent reason like we are telling jokes or something.

BUT, it is probably not worth arguing with someone as smart as yourself ;)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
"like another member pmed about you", the smartest person does not go around like a sales person asking people to buy stuff, Like one has to buy a product to confirm what one can clearly see from the photographs and infer from reason, and then not taking your own advice for it, then Smfh and Lmao in the midst of an objective conversation for no apparent reason like we are telling jokes or something.

BUT, it is probably not worth arguing with someone as smart as yourself ;)
True, all true. Lmao

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey McFly, McFly! That's not what was said. Nobody said it was made out of gorilla glass. People said it was a lot closer to something like gorilla glass. That was done in an effort to show that it indeed is not made out of cheap plastic. Damn, why do people have such a hard time parsing? I think someone here has a reading comprehension problem. Smfh.

Worst Product Quality in the Universe! Horrible! Horrendous!

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I cant believe your still all butthurt about your so called experience with your Cuboid.
Yes i am so butthurt, can you recommend a good lotion to relive my butt's pain or should i seek Rip Tripper's help for that, do you think some electrolyte powder could help?

BTW did you just signup to check on my butt? oh that would be so nice of you, thanks for caring, are you actually interested in other vaping topics aside from the condition of my butt?

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I cant believe your still all butthurt about your so called experience with your Cuboid.
Here you go, the smartest guy in vaping AKA @Deucesjack just liked your post, such an acknowledgment, now that is higher than the highest badge you would receive in VU, you lucky guy you, now if @OneBadWolf also likes your post ... oh you would be the envy of all regular not-so-smart poor dudes like the rest of us :(:oops:

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
This might be the first time I've ever seen someone troll their own thread. Remarkable.

:D
lol.gif

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here you go, the smartest guy in vaping AKA @Deucesjack just liked your post, such an acknowledgment, now that is higher than the highest badge you would receive in VU, you lucky guy you, now if @OneBadWolf also likes your post ... oh you would be the envy of all regular not-so-smart poor dudes like the rest of us :(:oops:
Lol, never said I was the smartest, just smarter than you.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The meme's are coming out. Put on your waders boys, looks like this one is headed towards ye ol' mud pit.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The meme's are coming out. Put on your waders boys, looks like this one is headed towards ye ol' mud pit.
I understand why you might think that but mine isn't a meme. Boudreaux's Butt Paste is an actual product sold all over Acadiana at many local shops and even chain stores like Walgreens and Target. Even Amazon sells it. You can usually tell locally made products from the big brands pretty easily here. I was just making a relevant product recommendation. :rolleyes:

True story, some families actually put out boudin and beer for Santa instead of milk and cookies. My kids did it a couple times. It's much tastier than the traditional treats. :D

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand why you might think that but mine isn't a meme. Boudreaux's Butt Paste is an actual product sold all over Acadiana at many local shops and even chain stores like Walgreens and Target. Even Amazon sells it. You can usually tell locally made products from the big brands pretty easily here. I was just making a relevant product recommendation. :rolleyes:

True story, some families actually put out boudin and beer for Santa instead of milk and cookies. My kids did it a couple times. It's much tastier than the traditional treats. :D
Ha! Didn't know that's left for Santa. We used to use it on my daughter in her diaper wearing days as well. Wasn't referring to your post but the general mood of the thread.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This might be the first time I've ever seen someone troll their own thread. Remarkable.

:D
Don't fully grasp the concept of trolling but sounds like a lot of fun

The Cajun cure.
LOL thanks for the recommendation this looks like it will do it, they should ship that with evey poor quality Cuboid they make :D

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very entertaining thread as I sit here vaping on my Cuboid with a Doge X2 on top. I love it when people exaggerate and slightly distort the facts. I'm an optician. I can tell you that good quality coatings exost for poly lenses and they are not that expensive at all. Especially as the coating does not have to reach stringent optical clarity and purity standards.

I am not going to tell people to go out and buy a Cuboid. I can say I have no issues with my gray Cuboid as of this time and I've had it a month or so. Then again, I've had the Eleaf 100 watt longer and have had no issues either. Maybe I'm just lucky?

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just received one of the two istick 100 w tc's that I ordered. The gray one. Seems nice. Firing lock button is stiff, but that is probably a good thing. Seems to read ohms correctly. I like the firing button. Wish it had a bigger screen like my cuboid. First impressions good. Set it in SS mode and getting a good Vape with 26 gauge SS at .55 ohms. I think it might give my cuboid some competition. Will know more after using it for awhile.

HD

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not going to tell people to go out and buy a Cuboid. I can say I have no issues with my gray Cuboid as of this time and I've had it a month or so. Then again, I've had the Eleaf 100 watt longer and have had no issues either. Maybe I'm just lucky?
Sorry, but I don't think you are all that lucky. This thread is a perfect example of what is wrong with internet forums. An individual who is persistent enough can keep a minority opinion on the first page forever if they want to. That gives the false impression to many that there is a problem when factually there really isn't. It is my opinion that the Cuboid is no better or worse than many of the other devices that have been offered here as being significantly better. My opinion however is not based on my personal experience with a single unit, or my personal preferences. If customer returns to retailers and wholesalers gives an accurate measure of a products quality and overall consumer satisfaction with a product, then the Cuboid is in fact a much better device than many others. In fact, it has fewer returns than the Wismec RX-200, the Eleaf iStick TC-100W and the Joyetech VTC. They are all made by the same parent company and have all been mentioned here as some how being superior to the Cuboid. I verified my stores statistics with one of our distributors and they mesh almost perfectly. And after doing this exercise as a result of this thread, I think I will start recommending the Cuboid. After all, facts are facts. And opinions... well you know.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry, but I don't think you are all that lucky. This thread is a perfect example of what is wrong with internet forums. An individual who is persistent enough can keep a minority opinion on the first page forever if they want to. That gives the false impression to many that there is a problem when factually there really isn't. It is my opinion that the Cuboid is no better or worse than many of the other devices that have been offered here as being significantly better. My opinion however is not based on my personal experience with a single unit, or my personal preferences. If customer returns to retailers and wholesalers gives an accurate measure of a products quality and overall consumer satisfaction with a product, then the Cuboid is in fact a much better device than many others. In fact, it has fewer returns than the Wismec RX-200, the Eleaf iStick TC-100W and the Joyetech VTC. They are all made by the same parent company and have all been mentioned here as some how being superior to the Cuboid. I verified my stores statistics with one of our distributors and they mesh almost perfectly. And after doing this exercise as a result of this thread, I think I will start recommending the Cuboid. After all, facts are facts. And opinions... well you know.
Agreed, it is a shame when someone just spews false information.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think the changing of the title is over the top and why I think this should be moved to the mud pit. This isn't a serious thread and the title change was obviously done to get under people's skin.
Unfortunately, this guy and a handful of other trolls really diminish a great forum.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This thread has come 360 degrees. The first title reminded me of a 13 year old girl throwing a hissy fit on FB. Then it was changed to something marginally better. Now it's back to a hissy fit. Seriously what mature adult would come up with this kind of crap?
No mature adult, just a troll.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your very post in which you claim draws its "factual" conclusions from empirical statistical data contradicts the very basic principles of statistical and quantitative data analysis based upon which your conclusions are statistically invalid, unreliable or ultimately false despite you claiming you speaking of facts, and the fact that a few members have liked, supported and even extended the idea shows exactly what is wrong with internet forums, where an obviously ignorant individual (to a trained eye) who on the surface appears to be speaking of truth and wisdom gains the support of like-minded individuals creating a bubble of what appears to be a popular factual opinion blinding the average reader from the actual truth, this is why in any review site i sort reviews by worst/negative first because most often than not this "minority" opinion reveals what is wrong with a product more accurately than the popular fanboys opinion bubble, and that is a statistical fact.

Here is an analysis of your false, inconsistent and highly inaccurate statements:

An individual who is persistent enough can keep a minority opinion on the first page forever if they want to.
Inaccurate Observation: the OP of this thread which in this instant happens to be ME was not persistent at all, i actually lost interest in this thread and the related product the second day this thread was created, once i made up my mind i am returning the product and not getting another one of the same, this thread became an unnecessary source of headache and a gateway to constant nastiness.

What kept this thread alive and constantly popping up on the first page instead of being all buried by now, is that it has been a magnet for fanboys, trolls, assholes, nasty, retarded, ignorant and coward individuals (the type of anonymous people who would just sign up to write "oh your butt still hurts hahaha") or just regular sane and reasonable individuals who every now and then express an opposite experience or try to be helpful despite the issue being long dead and done.

That gives the false impression to many that there is a problem when factually there really isn't.
You have no statistically reliable way of assessing the magnitude of the problem neither one to arrive at absolute facts (more on that below), and you mis-gauge the impressions this thread give, if i would to read this thread with fresh third party eyes i would find one individual (frustrated and disappointed at the time) express with anger their personal experience with one single early sample of a product and some other people later shitting on his problems and flaming him for daring to express his experience with such an anger, and a bunch of other people later stating they have no problem with their samples, in statistical terms the sample size overall is very small as i would count less than 10 observations in total if you filter all the noise of trolling and nastiness out and is a rather biased sample due peer pressure being exercised to shape opinions in a certain direction.

So in statistical terms this thread is unreliable and is not representative of the population, the only logical impression that would be taken out of this thread is, if you must purchase a Cuboid, proceed with caution, hope for the best and be prepared for the worst, buy from a reliable vendor who will honor a replacement if you end up getting a lemon, this would provide a factual benefit to unwary buyers if they know how to critically read and extract information from a thread like this one, and in this case internet forums would not be as problematic as you stated.

It is my opinion that the Cuboid is no better or worse than many of the other devices that have been offered here as being significantly better.
Here is when your statistics start breaking, and your statement contradicts, logic, rationality and reason, when the other products are clearly more innovatively and reliably engineered than the Cuboid, in statistical and modeling terms they exhibit design robustness which makes them less prone to failure with less than perfect manufacturing/assembly processes, and exhibit superior unanimously desired features.

In fact, it has fewer returns than the Wismec RX-200, the Eleaf iStick TC-100W and the Joyetech VTC.
Your comparison time period window and quantities are not normalized trying to compare products with varying periods of market availability and market share (represents sample size):
Joyetech VTC Mini has been available for almost a year and has the largest sample size
Wismec R200 available for 6-8 months second largest sample
Joyetech Cuboid available for 2 months third largest sample
iStick TC100W available for one month smallest sample size

How can you compare raw number of returns without accounting for number of units sold and expect your results to be valid (if you even have the actual data in hand)? if you can get accurate and reliable data of the number of returns as a percentage of units sold, when in the ownership life-cycle the return occurred, and the return reason, only then we can talk about facts.

An example of how such statistics will yield false conclusions is in the case of the Wismec RX200, been in the market long before the Cuboid and probably sold a lot more, if you only observe the number of units returned as a raw value you may think that the RX200 is less reliable than the Cuboid, but if you calculate the RX200 returns as a percentage of all units sold and observe the point in the ownership life-cycle in which the return occurred, you may arrive at a totally different conclusion and discover that the Cuboid has a higher return percentage due to pre-mature failure or bad quality on arrival.

They are all made by the same parent company and have all been mentioned here as some how being superior to the Cuboid
false assumption: Source does not determine superiority, every product stands on its own, the IPV5 is more superior than any product before it from the same company, iStick TC100W is much more superior than anything eleaf has ever produced, the corporate legal and financial structures under which these products were designed and manufactured is irrelevant for our purpose

I verified my stores statistics with one of our distributors and they mesh almost perfectly.
Invalid Statistics: unless you tell us:

1- What is the name of the distributor?
2- Where are the data sheets?
3- What are the ratios in percentages? % of units sold, % of returns?
4- When did the return occur in relation to the purchase date and the reason for the return?
5- To what market regions and groups this distributor is selling? and what are the demographics, expectations and buying patterns of these groups.
6- Is your sample data varied and randomized? different regions, markets, age groups etc...?

And after doing this exercise as a result of this thread, I think I will start recommending the Cuboid. After all, facts are facts. And opinions... well you know.
Recommend the Cuboid all you want, but at the end your recommendation is based on your personal opinions and preferences and in that it is as valid as any random person's opinion for that matter, either they actually owned the product, tested it or not.

Your statistics are broken and unreliable, data source is undisclosed and most likely all the data you've got was out of a phone call with a random guy who did not actually show you any data, thus your conclusions are not remotely factual, on the contrary, your conclusions contradict with rationality and logic that all the aforementioned mods are much superior to the Cuboid in terms of design and engineering innovations and these are actual facts that do not require statistical verification, only reason and objectivity and a liberation from public trends bubbles.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
George Carlin — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

I had posted for the benefit of others, not to engage the OP. I know better.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
George Carlin — 'Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

I had posted for the benefit of others, not to engage the OP. I know better.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” ― Isaac Asimov

“There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance.” ― Hippocrates

I did not expect you to possess the ability nor the knowledge to be able to successfully engage in an intellectual scientific argument based on correct statistical principles seeking reliable factual conclusions that would truly benefit others.

There was not a bit of idiocy in my post as it was constructed with scientific correctness and statistical soundness, written as a proper academic critical apposition report which primarily seeks validity, reliability and the arrival at truths and facts

Your taking a shortcut at intellectualism by calling me an idiot due to your inability to engage was to be expected from you, for you are as ignorant as you are a liar, you do not have any solid and reliable data-sets to support your claims, and if you do, you lack proper statistical expertise and knowledge to analyze them appropriately, thus your conclusions are invalid, and your opinion is as unhelpful to others as any average random opinion in this thread unless you were expecting us to just nod our heads in agreement and take your word for it, that does not make your opinions more valid than anyone else's, and indeed does not make your claims factual without you putting the effort and intellect to actually establish them, IF YOU CAN.

not to engage the OP
If you did not intend to engage (given you have the intellect to do so) why did you re-enter the thread? why did you read? why did you post a response? you realize this is a public thread right? and follow-up posting comes with the possibility of engaging, could't you just post your ignorant unhelpful response and walk? if your intention was genuinely to help? now you know why this thread stays on the first page, it is because of individuals like yourself, trolling in the name of helpfulness, not the "minority opinion" or the OP.

I know better.
"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge." ― Daniel J. Boorstin

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” ― Isaac Asimov

“There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance.” ― Hippocrates

I did not expect you to possess the ability nor the knowledge to be able to successfully engage in an intellectual scientific argument based on correct statistical principles seeking reliable factual conclusions that would truly benefit others.

There was not a bit of idiocy in my post as it was constructed with scientific correctness and statistical soundness, written as a proper academic critical apposition report which primarily seeks validity, reliability and the arrival at truths and facts

Your taking a shortcut at intellectualism by calling me an idiot due to your inability to engage was to be expected from you, for you are as ignorant as you are a liar, you do not have any solid and reliable data-sets to support your claims, and if you do, you lack proper statistical expertise and knowledge to analyze them appropriately, thus your conclusions are invalid, and your opinion is as unhelpful to others as any average random opinion in this thread unless you were expecting us to just nod our heads in agreement and take your word for it, that does not make your opinions more valid than anyone else's, and indeed does not make your claims factual without you putting the effort and intellect to actually establish them, IF YOU CAN.

If you did not intend to engage (given you have the intellect to do so) why did you re-enter the thread? why did you read? why did you post a response? you realize this is a public thread right? and follow-up posting comes with the possibility of engaging, could't you just post your ignorant unhelpful response and walk? if your intention was genuinely to help? now you know why this thread stays on the first page, it is because of individuals like yourself, trolling in the name of helpfulness, not the "minority opinion" or the OP.

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge." ― Daniel J. Boorstin
You are a troll.

- Deucesjack

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are a troll.

- Deucesjack

Yeah yeah .. keep pumping the fucking thread, and then @cascadian will come next month and complain why the freaking thing is still on the first page :D

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You are a troll.
Riddle me this, DJ: If he is, as you claim, a troll: Why do you keep feeding him? Who's worse: The troll or the troll's enablers?

Secondly: I'd argue your deeming Vapomizer a "troll" is an inaccurate characterization. A troll isn't merely somebody with whom you disagree. A troll is somebody who does little else, if anything else, other than troll. Vapomizer no more fits that description than do you.

(Yeah: I'm picking nits. That's what happens when there's nothing interesting to do whilst, for example, one is awaiting ones media server to update some content and you've nothing better to do :).)

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd argue your deeming Vapomizer a "troll" is an inaccurate characterization. A troll isn't merely somebody with whom you disagree. A troll is somebody who does little else, if anything else, other than troll. Vapomizer no more fits that description than do you.
What internet related verb would you choose to describe him? After all, this is an individual who repeatedly criticizes others for doing something he did on the previous page. This is someone who makes an assumption that an individual is so dense as to make comparisons of failure rates without using percentages. Having no knowledge of an individuals background, education or experience coming to that conclusion, exactly how? If you re-read the entirety of this train wreck you find someone so desperate for attention they will stop at nothing to try to prove themselves correct. The use of exceedingly long multi-quote posts can't hide the leaps of faith needed to come to his conclusions. But some how everybody else is wrong. What methodology is used when he is drawing conclusions? I can't identify any. But we all have to thoroughly explain ours or they must be invalid. Why? Because they differ from his. Double standards anyone?

You know, if he just came on here and said my cuboid sucked. It didn't work and I wouldn't have liked it if it did for the following reasons... everybody would accept his view point and respect him for providing it. But no... He is even popping into related threads with his toxic and obsessive views. It's like he is recruiting members for his "The Cuboid sucks" cult. Well, attempting to anyway.

I just checked and yes, ^insert drum roll here, theCuboidsucks.com is an available domain name. Wouldn't that be the next step in marketing his hatred for the device? Huge thread on vaping underground, check. He might as well finish checking all the boxes on that list.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Riddle me this, DJ: If he is, as you claim, a troll: Why do you keep feeding him? Who's worse: The troll or the troll's enablers?

Secondly: I'd argue your deeming Vapomizer a "troll" is an inaccurate characterization. A troll isn't merely somebody with whom you disagree. A troll is somebody who does little else, if anything else, other than troll. Vapomizer no more fits that description than do you.

(Yeah: I'm picking nits. That's what happens when there's nothing interesting to do whilst, for example, one is awaiting ones media server to update some content and you've nothing better to do :).)
I actually went ahead and Googled the term and found very interesting stuff on Wikipedia:

"Application of the term troll is subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. Like any pejorative term, it can be used as an ad hominem attack, suggesting a negative motivation.

At times, the word can be abused to refer to anyone with controversial opinions they disagree with.[16] Such usages goes against the ordinary meaning of troll in multiple ways. Most importantly, trolls don't actually believe the controversial views they claim. Farhad Manjoo criticises this view, noting that if the person really is trolling, they are a lot more intelligent than their critics would believe.[16]

Online trolls launch a personal attack on the author by following some of these steps: Call the author names, make fun of the author’s appearance, attempt to correct the author’s already correct grammar, accuse the author of nefarious motives, such as attention-seeking. Claim any studies are biased, especially when they’re comprehensive meta-analysis of every rigorous study ever done (designed to correct for bias), insult the author’s family for good measure."

It turns out that this thread was fueled by Trolls from the get go, they trolled the hell out of this thread and kept pumping it to the first page over and over and then came back and give me the "ad hominem attack" just because they disagree with my views or opinions,

"An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an attack on an argument made by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, rather than attacking the argument directly. When used inappropriately, it is a logical fallacy in which a claim or argument is dismissed on the basis of some irrelevant fact or supposition about the author or the person being criticized.[2] Ad hominem reasoning is not always fallacious, for example, when it relates to the credibility of statements of fact or when used in certain kinds of moral and practical reasoning.[3]"

being the "Author" OP of this thread i can't possibly be the troll here according to the definition above, even if i truly was, research shows that the best cure from a troll is to ignore them, but even though they are trolling by calling me a troll they keep posting again and again,

Apart from all that i must admit the thread is fun and entertaining to read and would give you a good laugh if you read it while stressed or feeling blue.

Now watch all the trolls that will post below pumping the thread to the first page over and over again, come on VU trolls go for it :)

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What internet related verb would you choose to describe him? After all, this is an individual who repeatedly criticizes others for doing something he did on the previous page. This is someone who makes an assumption that an individual is so dense as to make comparisons of failure rates without using percentages. Having no knowledge of an individuals background, education or experience coming to that conclusion, exactly how? If you re-read the entirety of this train wreck you find someone so desperate for attention they will stop at nothing to try to prove themselves correct. The use of exceedingly long multi-quote posts can't hide the leaps of faith needed to come to his conclusions. But some how everybody else is wrong. What methodology is used when he is drawing conclusions? I can't identify any. But we all have to thoroughly explain ours or they must be invalid. Why? Because they differ from his. Double standards anyone?

You know, if he just came on here and said my cuboid sucked. It didn't work and I wouldn't have liked it if it did for the following reasons... everybody would accept his view point and respect him for providing it. But no... He is even popping into related threads with his toxic and obsessive views. It's like he is recruiting members for his "The Cuboid sucks" cult. Well, attempting to anyway.

I just checked and yes, ^insert drum roll here, theCuboidsucks.com is an available domain name. Wouldn't that be the next step in marketing his hatred for the device? Huge thread on vaping underground, check. He might as well finish checking all the boxes on that list.
Cut the BS already, what is the name of the source of your data? where are the data-sets so we can analyze them with proper statistics? don't hide behind an ad hominem attack, otherwise you are just an ignorant liar, there is no way around it, you have the data or not? it is very simple.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But we all have to thoroughly explain ours or they must be invalid. Why? Because they differ from his.
Hey BTW, you brought it on yourself, the difference between you and me is that you spoke of "factual conclusions", "statistics", "data", "facts", "truth" ... etc, you elected to use the scientific research method so this no longer became a personal opinion on a forum, it became a rigid quantitative scientific research project with statistics and data as the methodology of choice.

If you were to do like me and only talk about your personal opinion, or preferences that would have been fine without the need for backing up or establishing anything using the scientific method.

But since you elected to use statistics and quantitative data analysis and claim you arrived at the "truth" then you bear the burden of scientific proof.

Now i see you leave the scientific territory and go back to personal ad hominem attack strategy and started using street language, if you are not a scientist or a statistician like i am, well i understand, just apologize and admit that nothing of what you said was factual or based on any empirical data and it was a mere exaggerated personal opinion, then everyone will respect you for that, it is easy :)

mgalyan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First post, but...

I too have had my Cuboid for a few weeks now, and it has 2 of the 3 problems mentioned by the OP.

It consistently reads the resistance of any atomizer incorrectly (e.g. my (Kanthal built) Goliath reads 0.25 on my OHM meter, 0.23 on my wife's RX200, Cuboid bounces between 0.29 and 0.39 OHM) which makes TC utterly worthless. Not to mention inconsistent output in wattage mode.

It also will often say "Atomizer Short", when the atomizer is completely perfect.

Ironically, I bought the Cuboid to replace a mod that was bouncing around the resistance measurements as well. Unfortunately, it seems it was 40 bucks now more or less wasted.

Pretty bummed about this product.. I thought to myself.. "Joyetech is in the APV market with a firmware up-gradable triple TC mode 200 watt mod? I bet it's built like a tank!". Not true.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First post, but...

I too have had my Cuboid for a few weeks now, and it has 2 of the 3 problems mentioned by the OP.

It consistently reads the resistance of any atomizer incorrectly (e.g. my (Kanthal built) Goliath reads 0.25 on my OHM meter, 0.23 on my wife's RX200, Cuboid bounces between 0.29 and 0.39 OHM) which makes TC utterly worthless. Not to mention inconsistent output in wattage mode.

It also will often say "Atomizer Short", when the atomizer is completely perfect.

Ironically, I bought the Cuboid to replace a mod that was bouncing around the resistance measurements as well. Unfortunately, it seems it was 40 bucks now more or less wasted.

Pretty bummed about this product.. I thought to myself.. "Joyetech is in the APV market with a firmware up-gradable triple TC mode 200 watt mod? I bet it's built like a tank!". Not true.
TC works by the resistance changing. If the resistance does not change as the temp changes it is incapable of TC. If your RX200 always shows the same resistance on that wire it's broke.

mgalyan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TC works by the resistance changing. If the resistance does not change as the temp changes it is incapable of TC. If your RX200 always shows the same resistance on that wire it's broke.

I know exactly how TC works, how TCR works, and electricity in general. I know the resistance changes.. how else would the mod know what temp the coils are at?

I mentioned Kanthal build in my post to avoid this confusion.

Edit: But nonetheless, especially for these reasons, a TC mod needs to be extremely precise AND consistent for TC to have any hope of working. But it's annoying with Kanthal too! I'm sure there's a loose solder joint or wire in there somewhere, messing with the resistance measurements.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm pretty certain that on my RX and all my TC mods, once the resistance is locked in it stays the same on the screen. I understand that resistance has to change to achieve TC but as far as what's showing on the screen that usually stays static. If my on screen resistance was jumping around, I might be concerned as well.

@mgalyan - how's the vape in TC? Can you feel it protecting? Does it get overly hot? Are you getting dry hits?

mgalyan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@skt239 I did a build on my Goliath using .26g Titanium from LightningVapes. It's actually pretty neat until the Cuboid ruins it! I totally can feel it "peak", then maintain. It's a pretty weird feeling knowing you could literally run the tank dry without burning through your wicks. Titanium is a pain though, not supposed to dry burn, etc.

Tonight, I'm fiddling with the damn 510 connection trying to get the Atomizer Short error to go away. Found this earlier..

"Kindly pls check, The o-ring insulator under the centre connector has been squashed. When you tighten your atty it moves and shorts out. Get a small flat screwdriver and carefully lift the centre pin and try and squash as much of the o-ring back underneath it. If your atomiser's centre sticks out too much it'll break the rubber insulator."

Apparently, this is an official response to the Atomizer Short issue (obviously, directed at an individual) from Joyetech. I can see what he/she is saying.. the o-ring insulator around my 510 looks like shit, but it looked horrible from day one, and I just assumed it was normal. I got it to fire just now, but as I mentioned earlier, it's a 0.25 ohm Kanthal build (just for wattage mode) that my Cuboid is reading at 0.37 at the moment. So, 65 watts is not actually what it's pumping out. Higher resistance requires more voltage for the same wattage, so it's actually firing harder than the wattage indicated.

What a pain. I don't want to RMA to China. Get my Cuboid back in what, a month or two?

mgalyan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@skt239 Also, the ramp up time on TI wire is super fast. It has a somewhat unique flavor characteristic. Not sure how to explain... the tartness of my fruit flavor is.. more tart. :) I played with the temperatures all the way up to about 590F, but the higher temps were only utilized because the Cuboid wasn't reading the live resistance correctly, and therefore believing it was already peaking when it wasn't.

All said though, a different wire to Titanium is probably preferred. The whole Titanium Oxide stuff is a little scary, and I am lazy about rebuilding so I count on dry burning to extend my coil life.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It always makes me wonder when someone pops in with less than 3 post, a great understanding of electricity, and vaping, then they start slamming something. Joyetech made the chip in both the RX200, and the Cuboid. They perform very similarly in my opinion. Cuboid has a 20 amp protection limit that is slightly annoying. RX200 is a great performer. I have seen the atomizer short message on the Cuboid after dropping it on concrete. I reset the RDA and it cleared. Currently I have a Cuboid, Sigelei 150 TC, Fuchai, Snow Wolf, and an RX200. I find myself mostly using the Cuboid, so I must like something about it.

VU Sponsors