Become a Patron!

Joyetech Cuboid Tap Button Problem

Hello, please if anybody have the same issue and solved it or if anyone knows about this I need your help.
I bought Joyetech Cuboid Tap 229W with Procore aries 4ml, and after about two weeks of using (Im handling it with good care.. never fell down, not a single scratch) the button on the left side (the one that can be pressed not tapped) just dont work like it did when I first used this mod. Simple said: time to time when I fire it it just wont fire... no matter how hard or soft I press.. I need to release and fire again and then it fires like normal.. and sometime it missfires once but other times it happens like 3 times in a row.. I am desperate.. Yep I can still use the tap button but why would I buy mod with 1 physical and 3 tap buttons when I can only use tap buttons... and I worry if this will get worse... I may not be able to power on the device... because that can only be done with Physical button.. Any advice will be a gift for me :) thanks

I have essentially the same problem (but no solution). Have had the mod for about 2 months. I actually found the pressure switch to be pretty unreliable from the start - it would fire for 2 sec or so then stop and start so I always used the mechanical switch. Last night out of nowhere it started acting up. If i press it down nothing happens but as I release it the counter indicates 0.1 seconds. If I sort of halway release it, it fires but its impossible to get it in that sweet spot for more than a sec or two.

In regards to your concern that you wont be able to turn the mod on - Ive already been dealing with this. For some time now the mechanical switch has been a little... Sloppy I guess and doesn't register the 5 fast clicks like it should. The workaround Ive found is to open the battery door (breaking the connection) then close it back which powers the unit on.

Liked the unit ok at first but all these problems after just a couple months is pretty annoying.

Well I am pretty diassapointed by this mod so far. I had to send it back to the seller and he sent me back new mod... Although it had few problems with the button, nothing as serious as before so I assume it was just bad luck but still think that the mod is not as good as it seemed.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh great, I just picked up a deal for the Cuboid Tap Kit (33.00 delivered). It should be here in a few days..
At least it was cheap.
One question, did anyone try updating the firmware to help resolve problems?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Cuboid Tap i locking up on me and at first about a week or so ago I updated the firmware which solved the problem but tonight it started doing the same shit. It just stops responding to any inputs and either the Wattage is displayed, last seconds or the clock. Just now it restarted. Was giving me a Low Battery message before but still like 60% battery.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OK, so I switched positions on the batteries and it was good for a few minutes and then the same locking up tighter than Kelseys nuts again. So I switched out the batteries and now working fine so far. I should have pulled out the Volt Meter but not in the mood.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So after switching batteries no problems experienced so I am wondering if these batteries have finally kissed the Ghost or does the Cuboid not measure the battery voltage correctly. Time to test some batteries I am thinking.

VU Sponsors