Become a Patron!

Joyetech EGO AIO tinkering

Hello everyone, this is my first post so if I say something that is incorrect don't kill me for it.

First a little about myself. I recently started vaping in Mid August, My first device being 2 Joyetech EGO AIO's. But even being a new vaper this was very unsatisfying. The .6 ohm coils it came with were MTL which really restricted the airflow. I ended up using both my AIO's simultaneously to get satisfying vapor production. And on top of that the coils would last only a couple of days. After about 2 weeks I was tired of my AIO's, so i did some research and ended up buying an Innokin Cool Fire 4 Plus with the Isub Apex.

Now to the point of this post.

I bought 2 AIO's and im not the type of person to waste money and leave them lying around.
I recently purchased the RBA for the Cubis which fits in my AIO.

With the RBA in the AIO the airflow is greatly improved but my question is what builds are safe to put in there?

I've spent hours running theoretical coils through the VAPETOOL app. The very first thing I did was study my OHMS LAW.

Based off what I've read through multiple sources the Joyetech EGO AIO has an operating range of 3.7v - 4.2v. And People have safely used the .5 OHM DL coils with their AIO's.

The following is the data I got from that (Once again I used the vapetool app)
.6 OHM @ 3.7v = 6.17amp @ 22.82w
.6 OHM @ 4.2v = 7amp @ 29.40w
.5 OHM @ 3.7v = 7.40amp @ 27.38w
.5 OHM @ 4.2v = 8.40amp @ 35.28w

So based on that data, Im GUESSING (this is where the questions start) that the Upper limit of this device is about 10amps. Obviously Im not going to try and push its limits. Seeing that people have safely used the .5OHM DL coils I decided to stick with 8.5 amps as my upper limit and coils with an operation range of 15w - 35w.

Now i also went ahead and checked out my OHM's Law for higher ohms as well

The following is the data I got from that.
.7 OHM @ 3.7v = 5.29amp @19.56w
.7 OHM @ 4.2v = 6amp @ 25.20w
.9 OHM @ 3.7v = 4.11amp @ 15.21w
.9 OHM @ 4.2v = 4.67amp @ 19.60w
1.5 OHM @ 3.7v = 2.47amp @ 9.13w
1.5 OHM @ 4.2v = 2.80amp @ 11.76w

Now going even farther into this is that every coil is different. Subtle changes can change the values of each coil drastically. For example .6 OHM Coil Built using SS316L with a 2mm diameter doing 11 wraps, 8mm total length for the legs, Gives me a wattage range of 18.7-37.5 (Im using the heat flux on the bottom of the vapetool app to obtain these values, im hoping this is accurate and this is why I am on here writing this book hahaha)

Now based on the data a .6 OHM coil firing between 3.7v - 4.2v has a wattage range of 22w - 29w with the coil I build tolerating between 18w - 37w which is safely in the range of my AIO's capabilities.

BUT!

Building a .5 OHM coil using SS316L with a 2mm diameter doing 9 wraps, 8mm total leg length Gives me a wattage range of 15.7w - 31.4w but this here is a problem because ohm law shows .5 OHM @ 3.7v - 4.2v gives me a wattage range of 27w - 35w which the .5 OHM coil would NOT support because the upper limit of that specific coil is 31.4w

I posted this question because I have yet to come across any forums or posts of anyone else who is messing around with their AIO.

Anyone else taking on this task?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
2mm is pretty small for these. The stock vertical that comes with the RBA is 3mm is it not? Heat flux is a guideline not absolute, especially with a 3.6 watt variance. You aren't going to see 4.2 volts anyway as the battery will have some sag under load, even the best do. As long as you are not straying below .5 ohms build the coil and see how it vapes. Make adjustments to your build based on that.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors