Become a Patron!

Joyetech eGo AIO

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got my AIO today, much better then a vap pen. " I guess this is a Vap Pen, Just better then a starter kit" Just wanted to share. Just to let any new vapers know that want to get it, go with a lower nicotine level, I'm using 18 mg nicotine and its to much for this AIO. I feel all light headed. Gonna grab some 9mg.

Attachments

• 0427161737a.jpg
    0427161737a.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you like it and that's good info for a new vaper. I took my son in law to get a starter kit and he almost got the AIO, but ended up with the Innokin Endura t-22. I think he liked the Innokin tank and coils just a little better. Still, for the price, the Joyetech AIO is a fantastic starter or even an on the go device.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Always pop out the centre coil chimney piece out. The .5 is the only coils that do not have them in them. With that chimney top cap you will have massive dry hits. Take a small screw driver and stick it in hole and a pop and it will go flying. Design flaw in my opinion. CHEERS!

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Always pop out the centre coil chimney piece out. The .5 is the only coils that do not have them in them. With that chimney top cap you will have massive dry hits. Take a small screw driver and stick it in hole and a pop and it will go flying. Design flaw in my opinion. CHEERS!
Isn't taking that cap out more for direct to lung vapers, I'm MTL. I've read about this.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't taking that cap out more for direct to lung vapers, I'm MTL. I've read about this.
By all means you can leave it in. I get nothing but dry hits with it in but I am a lung hitter. If you can chain vape with that in there without any dry hits please do let me know. I do not know how it is possible to prime the coils with that there other than soaking coil in a bowl of juice. Prime the coil it just runs down the centre of coil. Juice inlets is at bottom of coil so just has to start at bottom and work it way to the top. I am going to dremel out the juice channels and make them bigger and see what happens. Just wish days were longer than 24 hours. CHEERS! LOL

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how does the aio compare to the ego one?
I paid $22.95 for my AIO (Canadian from Canvape) and I figure that says it all. eGo One has a tank that can be replaced and is three times the price. AIO does not leak (atleast if you keep it upright) but I have never laid mine down to see.. If you have an eGo One I do not see a need for an AIO. Just wish they had an AIO three years ago instead of wasting money on the Joyetech eGo-C Upgrade that cost me $151. LOL CHEERS!

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
By all means you can leave it in. I get nothing but dry hits with it in but I am a lung hitter. If you can chain vape with that in there without any dry hits please do let me know. I do not know how it is possible to prime the coils with that there other than soaking coil in a bowl of juice. Prime the coil it just runs down the centre of coil. Juice inlets is at bottom of coil so just has to start at bottom and work it way to the top. I am going to dremel out the juice channels and make them bigger and see what happens. Just wish days were longer than 24 hours. CHEERS! LOL
I just place a few drops of juice in the coil like it says, then screw it on and hit the vap. Works fine.

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can see it's just basic thin metal and plastic, but it hits nice. Easy drag and you get a good hit you feel in throat, a starter kit "Vape pen" to do MTL sucks compaired to this.

Attachments

• 1461860986999650839304.jpg
    1461860986999650839304.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had an Ego One Mega tank that came with my VTC mini, and it took two tank fulls and 2 coils to know this tank was going in the junk drawer. Might want to try something else on the Ego One battery. ANYTHING else...

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had an Ego One Mega tank that came with my VTC mini, and it took two tank fulls and 2 coils to know this tank was going in the junk drawer. Might want to try something else on the Ego One battery. ANYTHING else...

Last edited:

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only thing I'm not liking about the AIO is not being able to switch tanks. The flavors get mixed for a bit if you change flavors, you could just use the other coil that comes with it for another flavor but I'm not going through all of that.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the battery is designed for a 1.0 ohm and a .5 cl/clr coil. It is non adjustable (voltage), and being 22mm wide, a standard Nautilus tank should be ok, just not sure about the performance.

Toronnah

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only thing I'm not liking about the AIO is not being able to switch tanks. The flavors get mixed for a bit if you change flavors, you could just use the other coil that comes with it for another flavor but I'm not going through all of that.

For the price, buy a second unit.

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I upgraded to a istick and Nautilus Mini, I don't vape to much on the AIO anymore. I will use it when my istick battery is almost dead.

Strawberrys18

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i bought the ego one off of fasttech and the build quality is bunk. maybe i got a lemon but the aio looks better built based on online images.
These
That's a good combo for the average vaper.
I am just starting out vaping and I love the Nautilus Mini set up. I order a Top box mini too. There's lots to learn about vaping and I'm slowly getting there. Gonna be Getting DIY Eliquid too.

elegomall

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It’s said to be the best entry-level products for vaping beginner. With being all-in-one style, eGo AIO makes it very easy to start a vaping experience. Designed to be cap of tank and five-click fire button of power supply, eGo AIO is quite simple and convenient in use, and also very fashionable in look of several mixed colors and indicator light of seven colors. Not to mention the best anti-leaking structure with 2ml e-juice capacity, childproof systems: pressure twist. In a word, its simplicity and efficiency just make the device quite popular and unique.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I'm going to snag one of these at my local shop this weekend to use as a secondary device with my Dovpo Vapeberri. This little unit looks pretty solid for the price and I've read some great reviews. It'll be easy to clean out to sample different flavors of juices and for stealth vaping.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll be firing mine up on Friday (hopefully) as I received the kit last week (sealed in plastic) and when opened, neither of the two coils was included. So, ordered some from another vendor and should have them tomorrow.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It works like a charm. Easy to use, hits great. Totally satisfied with this as a backup to my Vapeberri.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I bought the AIO Pro C last Friday and its been total garbage. I'm using the .5 DL coil and it spits juice all of the time. I switched to the spiral MTL tip and that helped a bit. I got a drip tip that is twice as long and half the bore of the DL tip and that helped more but I'm still drinking juice all of the time, it's just not hot anymore. I'm going to go today and buy a Kanger Subvod Mega. I already have the standard Subvod that I've had for six months and using it is a way more enjoyable experience than the Joyetech, hands down.

vapemesilly

Member For 4 Years
Hope I'm not too late for this party...I bought the AIO a while back to dip my toes in to the sub ohm pool. It was a piece of junk. Spitting juice all the time. Tried several coils. Some people here have had good luck with them. Others, not so much. I think it's a real crap-shoot with these.

Unless you want to throw the dice I would recommend spending a few $$$ more and buying the Subvod or something similar. I bought the Kanger Subvod and have been very happy with it. It cost me $12 more the the AIO did, which now sits in a drawer.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My nephew picked up an AIO Box for his girlfriend. Had it shipped to my place and I did the initial setup. Wasn't sure how it would handle the Max VG from LV that she's using so I erred on the wet side priming it since it only had two coils to start. It gurgled a bit and spit when I first fired it up so I put it on the charger and let it sit. After that it was a perfectly fine MTL device. Flavor wasn't quite up to my flavor tanks of choice but wasn't bad either. She's pretty much a noob but loves it and reportedly hasn't had any issues with the stock .6 coils. All of these top air flow devices have had some complaints with spitting, some coils like the .5 more than others. The fact that it comes with a spiral tip to combat spitting says a lot. Having the airflow pass over the coil instead of around or through it is the likely culprit. What kind of juice and how hard you draw are factors I think. If you're trying to lung hit it that adds to the problem.

Danette

Member For 4 Years
I own at least one of every AIO that has been made so far and love them all. The only issues I have had have been issues that I have had every once in awhile with every other tank I have. I love the ease of use and for what it is the flavor is fantastic. I have not paid more then 20 bucks for each of mine so far what I pay for them I am more then happy and wouldnt give them away for anything

CJgasm

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got one as my starter and love the ease of use and portability but def ready for something bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The boys at my vape shop, Vape Cove in St. Catharines, Ontario were nice enough to fix me up with a discount on a new Kanger Subvod Mega TC. What a beautiful machine! Brilliant clouds of great vape. This is leaps and bounds above the AIO Pro C. Spend the extra it's well worth it. The AIO is a 35 dollar light show and useless as a vape machine.

Last edited:

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not useless at all if that's what your looking for. Small, easy to use and mine was only $20.00 shipped.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I don't know about you, but if I buy a vape machine, I don't care if it cost me two dollars or two hundred dollars. It should do the job it says it will do. If it doesn't do that job it's useless. It's a rip off. If anybody thinks differently they are either in a position to be affected by the reputation of the product or their just idiots. It's OK to say I've been lucky with mine but it's not OK to say you got what you paid for. I didn't.

Toronnah

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The boys at my vape shop, Vape Cove in St. Catharines, Ontario were nice enough to fix me up with a discount on a new Kanger Subvod Mega TC. What a beautiful machine! Brilliant clouds of great vape. This is leaps and bounds above the AIO Pro C. Spend the extra it's well worth it. The AIO is a 35 dollar light show and useless as a vape machine.
I hope they gave you a discount after hosing you $35 for the Pro.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Here's the message I finally got from Joyetech (after I posted some nasty stuff on their own forum):

"Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

As to your problem, kindly please inhale a few times without pressing the fire button before use.

After that, simply put the atomizer upside down and swing it swiftly to remove the excess eliquid inside of the head.

Hope it helps you."

I did this. I pulled through the drip tip a few times without firing the machine. I went to my kitchen sink. I removed the drip tip and turned the machine upside down. I swing it swiftly down like I would if I was knocking down an old mercury thermometer. I repeat a few times until I don't hear the e-juice hitting the sink anymore. I clean the excess juice from the top of the atomizer and the drip tip and replace the drip tip. I fire up the machine and it works the way it should. No spit-back! I guess you wouldn't want to do this in your friend's living room. :) Outside or over a sink would be a good plan. A lot of juice comes out. I don't know how often you would need to do this but it's working for now.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
OK. I've tried that fix for a couple of days now. It's really a band-aid solution. All this accomplishes is it makes a totally unusable machine usable, if you do the extra work. You can vape in relative comfort for a while and then you'll need to repeat the process. I guess it really depends on how much you vape but this won't carry you over from one tank fill-up to another. Even intermediately after you've done this "purge" you will experience a spit or two. When it becomes more frequent you might want to do the "purge" again. People say it's a good machine for the money. I disagree. a good machine for the money would perform as well as an average machine for more money. For slightly more money you can get a machine that performs much better than this one. The price in Canada was $30 + $13 for the battery ($43 total). The standard Kanger Subvod (with a built-in battery) at the same store is about $48 or $5 more. Spend the extra $5 you won't regret it. If you don't you will regret it.
Other things I've noticed with this Joyetech machine:
The tank seems to hold a lot less e-juice than the 4ml it's supposed to.
When you replace the coil it has a burnt metal taste for quite a while. I thought it was the coil and I went and bought another and got the same thing. It does subside after a while.
The vape is much harsher than the same vape in a different machine.
The machine absolutely drinks vape, maybe because you're throwing it on the ground when you purge the coil repeatedly.
It has lovely lights.
The mini USB plug on the side rather than on the bottom like some machines is nice. You can put it in a stand while you charge it or if you lay it down it won't roll away.
It's a nice looking machine, kind of like putting a corvette body on a chevette.

Last edited:

Danette

Member For 4 Years
I have hardly had any spit backs on any of mine ( and Yes I do have bigger badder better mods also) the only time I get spit back is if I have overfilled or some other human error. My vape does not seem to be any harsher then any other vape but I have found I like better drip tips which changes it up. The lights I turn off to save battery. I dont think it uses that much juice but then I am not a heavy hitter. Other then that it is great when I need to travel and want something light or I am spending the day at the office and dont want anything real noticeable. I love mine for what they are and I have never paid over 20 including shipping and I have at least one of each to date.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Danette,
I've heard a lot of people say they love their AIO. The guy who works at the vape shop where I bought mine uses one and he likes his. Equally I've heard many say they hate theirs. They get constant spit back and there's no good fix for it. I've half filled mine and still get it. I think it's just luck of the draw. Let's face it, if they can sell them cheap they're not the best construction and they're prone to problems when they're cheaply made. Quality won't be consistent across the board. I'm not one of the lucky ones I guess. I'll trade you my Pro C for one of your regular ones and we'll see if you like mine and I like yours. Congratulations on your good luck anyway. I've wasted enough time and money on mine. I paid over $40 CDN for my machine & battery. When Joyetech provided the "fix" I went and bought a pack of coils at $14. So I've spent $56 + tax on a machine that, for me, is garbage. I'll take the battery out and buy an iStick Aster mod that uses it and my Kanger tank and toss the rest in the garbage.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Chuck, all of your complaints stem from a flooded device it sounds like. The Joyetech "fix" is just basic advice. The drawing without firing is actually no help at all for a flooded device but rather to insure that that coil is saturated when first installed so not to burn the wicking. Flicking out excess juice is standard for a flooded device. Especially with top airflow as turning it upside down and blowing out the excess is not a real option with this design. The AIO is designed to hold 2ml of juice at the fill line. It does have a flat side to the threading to let air escape when tightening down the top and that helps but every time you remove and reseat it you are forcing juice into the coil. This is good for a new coil, not so good for an already primed one. It mostly sounds as if your vaping style is not suited to what it was designed for. It works for a time but eventually floods again. With this design that is pretty much the result of drawing too hard, trying to get it to produce more vapor. No device is going to suit everyone's style and needs. That's one of the reasons there's so much equipment out there. For you this doesn't sound like the one. When I was getting started I paid a lot more than $18-$20 for equipment that I ended up thinking sucked. It's pretty much part of the process. I think you're right in moving along to other equipment that better suits your needs. It's pretty much what everyone does that vapes for a time. Good luck finding the vape you like. It's what we are all looking for.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@Lefty. Thankyou. You make a lot of sense. Actually I found my first machine, the Kanger Subvod, suited my needs nicely. I bought the AIO when the Subvod started to show its age and I wanted something a bit nicer looking. It was an error on my part. I should have just done what I ended up doing and bought a Kanger Subvod Mega. This one's working nicely for me too. I'm kind of stuck now with the battery from my AIO Pro C. I think I'll get an iStick Aster mod that will use the Subvod Mega's Subtank Mini and the 18650 battery. That might make for a good setup for me, using the tank that I like and providing for more power adjustments. Thanks again.

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Chuck, I also really love my Kanger Subvod. Only problem I've had with it so far is when I forget to close the air vent when re-filling it and it tends to leak. Sorry you got a bum AIO. With that inexpensive a unit sounds like there some good ones and some bad. I guess I just got lucky with mine. The next one may not be as good. For $20.00 it's kind of a crap shoot.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
After using my AIO Pro C a few times daily, doing the ritual of purging the coil as required, I suddenly notice that this thing is hardly spitting at all anymore. Last night I actually changed back to the DL tip from the spiral MTL tip. It seems that as the coil gets older some of the flow of juice is restricted. There's actually a noticeable difference in the ease of draw (harder draw). It's actually not working too bad right now. It's still not the greatest flavour but, for the price, it's not that bad. It remains to be seen what happens when I swap the coil. I'd hate for this to happen every time I replace the coil. I'll let you know. Still if I were to recommend a starter kit to someone, unless they were really cash strapped, I wouldn't recommend this device. Before you Joyetech die-hards jump on me, it's just my opinion. If you're happy with your device great. I'm still not happy, just happier. Then again I'm never happy, my wife says. Maybe I should try an herbal vape instead.;)

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Chuck, glad it seems to be working better for you. I've noticed a difference between different coils in mine also. Not a real huge difference but definitely noticeable. I figure for $20.00 if I get a few months out of it, it's still not too bad a deal. It isn't a great device by any means but for those on a very limited budget, it's better than analogs.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
When I get my new mod I'm going to retire it and use it as a battery charger. It will save the plug on my mod.

Hey guys,
so I dropped my eGo AIO last night and am having a leakage problem. At first i thought it was the result of a crack in the glass which i plugged up with superglue. But it turns out the leak is downward into the unit somewhere. Fire button and USB seem untouched by liquid. Is there any place at the bottom of that tank for the liquid to go? When inverting, the liquid eventually comes out slowly.
Any hope of fixing this sort of problem?
thanks in advance for any help.

VU Sponsors