Become a Patron!

Joyetech Egrip (original version) help

Hey friends, I'm fairly new to vaping and was given my brothers hand-me-down joyetech egrip original version to help kick cigarettes. The egrip wasn't used much before I got it but I'd say it's about a year old. It's seems to be doing its job with not many mechanical probelms. I'm having some troubles with liquid though. I need people's input on liquid. Right now I'm using a raspberry ice cream flavor (which is pretty bad tbh). It's also a 74vg liquid (I have no idea what vg is but my brother says that level is for more dripping instead of ecig juice). I need some input on what level vg/what the best type of liquid to use. I enjoy using a 12mg nicotine liquid since I used to smoke a lot of cigarettes.

On top of this I also have a slight problem with my egrip that I think is only because of the thick liquid I use. Sometimes when I go to rip it, it seems like it's clogged or getting filled with liquid making it hard to pull. I usually alternate between the 3 lowest settings. Also, how long do the coils last? I changed my coil once but it was not needed, I only did it because when I changed liquids to the one I have now it tasted like crap and the coil change seemed to help.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You might consider getting a bit higher PG ratio in juice. VG is thicker than PG, so a higher PG might wick better for you. I don't have that device, but I know about juice.

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
+1. A bit thinner juice-- if yours is "74vg" I will guess it's 26PG/74VG-- somewhere in the 50/50- 40/60 range will wick better. And you'll know when to change your coil. It will either quit working entirely, or it will taste like vaping dirty socks used to wipe up dog poop. As you acquire more experience, you'll know to change your coil because you'll notice the vape is getting thinner, meaning the wick is starting to plug up.

VU Sponsors