Become a Patron!

Joyetech eVic VT

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently upgraded to the eVic VT (black w/ red racing stripe). I wanted to give temp control a try and it is definitely worth it. I ordered the express kit which does not come with the matching tank, instead I ordered the Smok TCT tank with .15 ohm nickel coils (which I will write about in the tank forum).

Quality:

The build quality feels amazing and the finish on the mod is flawless. It is much heavier than I thought it would be but not too heavy that it's a burden. There is no give, flexibility, or wobble to any part of this mod and it feels solid as a rock while you hold it. The button has a very nice click to it when pressed and does not rattle when you shake the mod. The screen is massive and clear even in sunlight.

Operation:

The menu was very easy to adapt to and making adjustments is simple and fast once you get used to the toggle switch (that looks like the gas cap from my 74 Buick). The only thing I did not like was the wattage adjusting while in temp control. If you are in temp control and want to turn the wattage down you actually have to turn it up to the max (60) and then it would go to the min (30) and you have to go up from there to your desired wattage. It scrolls fast so its not that big of an issue and you honestly dont need to adjust wattage in temp control anyways. The problem doesnt exist outside of temp control, it lets you scroll up or down from 1 to 60 watts easily.

The battery and juice:

I basically chain vaped on this device for the first day and only went through 8 - 10 ml of juice and the battery had plenty left when I went to bed. I tried as hard as I could to get a dry hit and burn that coil at 420-450 degrees and could not do it. This is in part due to the Smok TCT tank being absolutely amazing also. I put max VG juice in the tank but those coils wick too good with those massive holes. This is an all day mod for sure and I feel very comfortable going to work or out for the day without bringing a backup.

The Vaping:

The flavor coming out of my setup was stellar. It blows away my Nautilus mini and the iSub G tanks. No burnt or dry hits and you can adjust the temp of the vape to your specific juice to bring out that perfect flavor profile. I dont think i could vape non temp controlled anymore, I am permanantly spoiled by it. Vapor production was much better than I expected. I was thinking that the temp control would cap and slow the vapor down. This was not the case at all. Once the coil hit the temp, it held it there very well and the vapor just poured out! Is this a cloud chasers setup? No. But you can definitely chuck some heavy ones out if you want to.

Pricing:

I paid $55 for the eVic VT and was blown away by what I got for that price. I am going to order another one just to have it around in case of emergency. I bought mine from sweet-vapes.com and had no issues with them at all. I highly recommend everyone buy one. At that price if it lasts more than 1 week it basically paid for itself (vs 1 pack a day amoking ciggs) and I believe it is the dollar for dollar best mod on the market right now without risking a car payment.

Conclusion:

Buy one.

These are all my personal opinions and experiences and should all be taken with a grain of salt. If your experiences vary then let us know here so we can get a balanced view. Have a great day!

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Nice review! I love my VT. I know the temp control is not an exact science, but I like the consistent vape I get. I did buy the full kit and honestly am not personally crazy about the ego one mega tank, but I love the mod!!! And, I've purchased from sweet-vapes several times and they are great to deal with.

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you!
I believe temp control is the future of mainstream vaping. With time more mods will come out with even easier use for the masses. I agree with the Ego One Mega being sub par. I know a few people that bought the full kit and all of them upgraded to different tanks within a week.

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Use the CLR Ti coils for the Ego One Mega and it's a pretty good tank. Not as good as the TCT but not bad either.

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The titanium was nicer than nickel but after using the Smok TCT I just couldnt justify reccomending it to people.

Arizona

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good review! Looked at these for awhile, but went with the iJust2. Hoping my decision was a good one. The temp control aspect is a strong selling point.

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Great review, preciate' the time you took to write it.

They are very sexy

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use my Veritas with Ti wire on my Evic when im either testing flavors or want crazy flavor clouds....YOWZAAA

DSC08420_zps3ns6cqof.jpg

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good review, mate! I feel basically the same way. Running mine with a Velocity clone with a single vertical Ni200 coil (12 wraps, 3mm ID, at .12 ohms) right in between the posts and the flavor and clouds are excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good review, mate! I feel basically the same way. Running mine with a Velocity clone with a single vertical Ni200 coil (12 wraps, 3mm ID, at .12 ohms) right in between the posts and the flavor and clouds are excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Jasough

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice review! I love my VT. I know the temp control is not an exact science, but I like the consistent vape I get. I did buy the full kit and honestly am not personally crazy about the ego one mega tank, but I love the mod!!! And, I've purchased from sweet-vapes several times and they are great to deal with.
I was blown away when I tried the titanium atty that came with the Evic, it had excellent flavor, nice smooth and warm vape. I am no fan of the tank myself but my buddy made me try his and it blew the nickel atty out of the water and all I vape now is nickel attys.

Jasough

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently upgraded to the eVic VT (black w/ red racing stripe). I wanted to give temp control a try and it is definitely worth it. I ordered the express kit which does not come with the matching tank, instead I ordered the Smok TCT tank with .15 ohm nickel coils (which I will write about in the tank forum).

Quality:

The build quality feels amazing and the finish on the mod is flawless. It is much heavier than I thought it would be but not too heavy that it's a burden. There is no give, flexibility, or wobble to any part of this mod and it feels solid as a rock while you hold it. The button has a very nice click to it when pressed and does not rattle when you shake the mod. The screen is massive and clear even in sunlight.

Operation:

The menu was very easy to adapt to and making adjustments is simple and fast once you get used to the toggle switch (that looks like the gas cap from my 74 Buick). The only thing I did not like was the wattage adjusting while in temp control. If you are in temp control and want to turn the wattage down you actually have to turn it up to the max (60) and then it would go to the min (30) and you have to go up from there to your desired wattage. It scrolls fast so its not that big of an issue and you honestly dont need to adjust wattage in temp control anyways. The problem doesnt exist outside of temp control, it lets you scroll up or down from 1 to 60 watts easily.

The battery and juice:

I basically chain vaped on this device for the first day and only went through 8 - 10 ml of juice and the battery had plenty left when I went to bed. I tried as hard as I could to get a dry hit and burn that coil at 420-450 degrees and could not do it. This is in part due to the Smok TCT tank being absolutely amazing also. I put max VG juice in the tank but those coils wick too good with those massive holes. This is an all day mod for sure and I feel very comfortable going to work or out for the day without bringing a backup.

The Vaping:

The flavor coming out of my setup was stellar. It blows away my Nautilus mini and the iSub G tanks. No burnt or dry hits and you can adjust the temp of the vape to your specific juice to bring out that perfect flavor profile. I dont think i could vape non temp controlled anymore, I am permanantly spoiled by it. Vapor production was much better than I expected. I was thinking that the temp control would cap and slow the vapor down. This was not the case at all. Once the coil hit the temp, it held it there very well and the vapor just poured out! Is this a cloud chasers setup? No. But you can definitely chuck some heavy ones out if you want to.

Pricing:

I paid $55 for the eVic VT and was blown away by what I got for that price. I am going to order another one just to have it around in case of emergency. I bought mine from sweet-vapes.com and had no issues with them at all. I highly recommend everyone buy one. At that price if it lasts more than 1 week it basically paid for itself (vs 1 pack a day amoking ciggs) and I believe it is the dollar for dollar best mod on the market right now without risking a car payment.

Conclusion:

Buy one.

These are all my personal opinions and experiences and should all be taken with a grain of salt. If your experiences vary then let us know here so we can get a balanced view. Have a great day!
This was a very well thought out review, thank you for writing all of it. The Evic is one of the fastest selling mods my shop sells and for good reason, they are a very good looking and well made device. I recommend Evic over the Smok M80 temp control mod, I think the temperature control in the Evic is a bit better, I've used both and reviewed both and not one time did the Evic burn my cotton on either my Hobo, or mutation v4. The Smok box actually caught the cotton on Fire lol. But again, good review buddy!

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This was a very well thought out review, thank you for writing all of it. The Evic is one of the fastest selling mods my shop sells and for good reason, they are a very good looking and well made device. I recommend Evic over the Smok M80 temp control mod, I think the temperature control in the Evic is a bit better, I've used both and reviewed both and not one time did the Evic burn my cotton on either my Hobo, or mutation v4. The Smok box actually caught the cotton on Fire lol. But again, good review buddy!

Thank you!

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great review...makes me want this mod even more!! I dig the colors, the display looks sweet, and if that battery life is as good as you say then this will be a killer mod to have on hand to play with tempo control.

I say thank you! My wallet says otherwise.....

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks! The battery life is great in my opinion. Definitely gets me through a whole day in temp control.

Waseem Telfah

Member For 4 Years
What is your firmware version?? The one I have is 1.18 ! Its great at times but the dam resistance while using nickle is irregular while it's locked o_Oo_O

You start off with 0.14ohms then the dam thing drops to 0.11 or 0.12 . Which will force it to apply a different curve .

Edit: And it keep burning my cotton !!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine was rock solid reliable for the 3 weeks it worked. I'd set a temp and it would stay there as long as it was a good build. That said yesterday it suddenly stopped charging and no longer recognizes it's plugged in :-( I bought it as part of a coop, so I'm trying to get service from Joyetech, but so far no luck.

Waseem Telfah

Member For 4 Years
Mine was rock solid reliable for the 3 weeks it worked. I'd set a temp and it would stay there as long as it was a good build. That said yesterday it suddenly stopped charging and no longer recognizes it's plugged in :-( I bought it as part of a coop, so I'm trying to get service from Joyetech, but so far no luck.

Contact the vendor.

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have had zero problems with mine and its still my daily driver with the smok tct tank. I also have version 1.18

Waseem Telfah

Member For 4 Years
I have had zero problems with mine and its still my daily driver with the smok tct tank. I also have version 1.18

Weird . I just built a Nickle coil, initial read 0.19 Ohms locked it . finished wicking , read 0.17ohms o_O while the locked symbol ON o_Oo_O . then vaped on @ 0.17ohms, the mode went to sleep , grapped it to take a hit it read 0.14ohms o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O WTFF

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is strange. Maybe a software glitch. The mod and coil both at room temp? Was the mod plugged into a charger?

itsKeith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Then I have no solution to your problem. Maybe a short in the build or a loose connection. Nickel is pretty soft, i have overtightened and undertightened coils before.

I purchased the black/red stripes VT model 2 weeks ago. I use a Kangertech Subtank with the Ni200 nickel coils. I run the temp between 500 and 550 Fahrenheit and have yet to get a burned or dry hit. I vape around 10ml a day; the battery lasts about a day and a half at this rate. The device is built very well. Fit and finish is top-notch. For the 55 dollars I spent I feel I've gotten more than my money's worth. I would definitely recommend this device to anyone looking to dive into temp control; as well as those already familiar with this feature. This device has blessed me with the best vape to date; I feel many others users will agree. This device rocks, buy one.

Sent from my Z730 using Tapatalk

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ni200, .17 ohm. 400-420 temp.WIN_20150827_101111.JPG I don't really see the benefit of nickel, perhaps I need to go lower on the ohms. Loving my vt though!

VU Sponsors